TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through October 22, 2018

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: General Discussions: The "I don't know what thread to put this in" thread...: ARCHIVES: Archive through October 22, 2018 users admin

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Thursday, August 30, 2018 - 9:52 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
ok, how do you talk to the brain dead? I had a room in a hotel that said WIFI in every room, not in mine, and I wa 2 floors above the lobby. so i called down and asked the guy why is there not internet in every room. he said there is internet, I am on it right now. duh -0 I said you have internet in the lobby, but you are not standing in my room, there is no power in my room. i got tired of the pointless conversation,. so I went down to the lobby to talk to who ever else was there, no one else was there. So I asked him to boost the power so it could reach my room,. he had no idea how to do that, I asked him where the router was, he had no idea. I asked him to leave a note for the next person to please fix it and to fix the fact that I had no light in the bathroom. I spent the evening outside in the hall way using the wifi. it was fine there. The next day I went down to talk to the people there, there was no note, they had no idea about a problem with wifi (am I the only person who uses it on vacation?) and no idea I had no light in the bathroom. The funny thing was there was more power in the room from a restaurant 2 blocks away then ever from the hotel and it was a huge hotel.
won't ever stay there again, the whole thing was deluxe useless.

Kitkat

08-23-2008

Friday, August 31, 2018 - 9:55 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitkat a private message Print Post    
I feel your pain, Sadie! I am sitting in my home right next to the router and still can't get the WIFI I am paying for. Pulled the plug to re-cycle the router, deleted the app and re-uploaded it, STILL didn't work. Finally called Spectrum and was told they were having problems with the app and it would be fixed soon. HA! Tell me another one!

AT&T keeps wanting me to sign up for Dish. Right now it seems very tempting!

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Friday, August 31, 2018 - 1:23 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Kitkat, Are you on Nextdoor.com? That is a good place to find out if people are happy with various providers of internet or Wi-Fi in your area.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Friday, August 31, 2018 - 1:25 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Sadies, be sure to put that in a review of the hotel.

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Friday, August 31, 2018 - 3:34 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
Put review in Yelp.

Teachmichigan

07-22-2001

Friday, August 31, 2018 - 5:26 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Teachmichigan a private message Print Post    
But tell us here what hotel first!

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Sunday, September 02, 2018 - 9:18 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
ha ha that would be drifting sands at ship bottom. I also went into a room with 3 not working lights and the door broke after I entered the room, it tool over 24 hours and 3 complaints to get it fixed, I really had to struggle with the door to get it to lock, the bottom part of the door partially dislodged and the door was too long for the doorway. pretty bad for 250 a night.

Kitkat

08-23-2008

Sunday, September 02, 2018 - 10:12 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitkat a private message Print Post    
Thanks, Seamonkey, I will check into it.

Teachmichigan

07-22-2001

Sunday, September 02, 2018 - 5:31 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Teachmichigan a private message Print Post    
Yikes, Sadiesmom. That sounds awful even if you were only paying $100 a night!!

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Thursday, September 06, 2018 - 10:58 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    
So I posted this about three weeks ago:

quote:

Our score dropped a HUNDRED points since I last checked. (caveat - we had a really high FICO) The drop happened suddenly after April 2018, and the only thing that happened in April 2018, is we paid off the ZERO interest Toyota financing loan on our car that we intended to pay cash for in 2013, but how can you turn down a 0% interest loan? We decided not to worry about the FICO score, since we are unlikely to be financing anything of substance in the next several years.

And then today I got an e-mail from my Costco visa credit card account saying that my FICO card has gone up 63 points. Didn't have time to check on it, packing for trip and lots of misc. stuff to do. Just weird.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Friday, September 07, 2018 - 12:56 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
That is wild!

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Friday, September 07, 2018 - 1:03 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Just checked.. after the 29 point drop, mine went up 4, but now it lost the 4.

I guess I am lucky I didn't lose 100. I can only go up 39, I think.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Friday, September 21, 2018 - 12:52 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
For the SoCal folks: Jonathan Silver Scott
‏Verified account @MrSilverScott
13m13 minutes ago
More
CASTING ALERT: Scott Brothers casting now for a RENO & DESIGN show in Southern California.
Need to be rescued from your home? If the current state of your “money pit” is getting you down & you need expert help...This is your chance to fix it! http://bit.ly/2zlDwSU

Roxip

01-29-2004

Friday, September 21, 2018 - 1:42 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
I wish they would come to Crandall, Texas.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Friday, September 21, 2018 - 3:12 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Send them an email, you never know that might be their next stop.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Friday, September 21, 2018 - 3:53 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
LOL...I would be kind of embarrassed for them to even see my house...and I would have to CLEAN!

Dipo

04-23-2002

Wednesday, October 03, 2018 - 6:58 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
New Q: Did the "Truth in Advertising" laws get repealed or something. I ask because it sure seems like a lot of ad's don't tell the truth,the
"actors" that supposedly use the product and "believe" in it usually use it once before they film (IMO), and there seems like so much that isn't disclosed.

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Wednesday, October 03, 2018 - 8:33 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
Dipo, I often question that too. I listen to talk radio station here in Chicago. Hosts voices / personalities become like friends. The products they say they use??!! It's advertising. They're not speaking the truth. I hate that.

Mack

07-22-2002

Friday, October 12, 2018 - 7:30 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mack a private message Print Post    
The devastation from Hurricane Michael is heartbreaking. Sure I have seen video from other hurricanes and they were no less devastating but it always gets me to see the utter destruction. My heart hurts for those folks, many who lost everything.

I was amazed at one fellow who decided to sit out the storm in one of the towns on the coast. He said if he had known it was going to be a category 4 hurricane and that it was going to hit his town he would have not stayed. He came off like he was angry that nobody warned or told him it was going to be that bad. He appeared to be in good health, looked like he was in his 40s, and was articulate when interviewed so notionally without more information he looked quite capable and rational. So I was sitting there thinking how in the world did he miss the warnings. Guess it happens but still makes me wonder.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Friday, October 12, 2018 - 7:33 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
I think a lot of people were taken unawares because it gained most of its strength in its last day before landfall...but still...even I in Texas knew it was going to be a category 4. Did he not even think to listen to a radio or something?

He survived, which is more than some people, so he should just count himself blessed.

Mack

07-22-2002

Friday, October 12, 2018 - 8:09 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mack a private message Print Post    
I’m also in Texas, San Antonio to be exact, and certainly knew for at least two days it was at least a category 3 storm and had at least some idea of the general area it was going to hit. Admittedly I paid a little more attention as our good friends live in Georgia though quite a ways from the coast near Atlanta. They had some damage from a hurricane last year but nothing serious. Michael hit them with strong winds and heavy rain but no damage other than a few broken tree limbs.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Friday, October 12, 2018 - 11:05 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
That's just crazy, I am in Ca and I knew it was going to be very bad, I don't even worry about the category, with all the hurricanes we have had none are little anymore.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Friday, October 12, 2018 - 3:42 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Same here.

I always hope they things will smash the Scientology buildings in Clearwater, while soaring all others..

I think of people I know living there, and people I know from shows.. Like Dr Jen Arnold, Bill Klein, and family.

Jen posted that last year they evacuated he parents place in the panhandlers from St Petersburg, but this year it was reversed.

I don't obsess but I certainly watch coverage and hope people get out with kids and pets.

Mack

07-22-2002

Monday, October 22, 2018 - 4:14 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mack a private message Print Post    
So I stopped by the drug store to pick up my normal automatic prescriptions refill. Nothing new or different about that. While they were gathering my refills the pharmacists asked me if I had gotten my flu shot. I said no and explained I have never gotten a flu shot. There were two on duty and it was quiet so we got into a short but friendly discussion about why getting a flu shot was a good idea. All I said and can say is I don’t remember the last time I had the flu. Maybe 40+ years ago but even then not sure. Anyhow, we pretty much finished the chat and as I was paying the pharmacist checking me out leaned over the counter and whispered “I don’t take them either.” 😳😀

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Monday, October 22, 2018 - 4:41 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
As I remember, I got a flu shot during high school years with my parents. (50th reunion was a few years ago.). IT HURT!! I said never again. I never have. I came down with a cold yesterday. Last time I had a cold -- app. two years ago. I don't get sick. Knock on wood.