TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through October 14, 2018

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: General Discussions: Free Expression...: Daily Poll: ARCHIVES: Archive through October 14, 2018 users admin

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Saturday, September 29, 2018 - 7:27 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
B but I can only think of one place where it is one lane in each direction and not heavily travelled.

Where I live is around a busy corner and no way would I jay walk across either of those streets!

The only thing I do on several walks is when I am crossing a driveway or entrance to a complex where there is also a light and there is a crosswalk crossing the entrance but if there is no one in place to turn into that complex, I am not going to wait and trigger the light, forcing the traffic to stop, just so I can walk across the entrance. I don't think that is technically jaywalking.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Sunday, September 30, 2018 - 9:44 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
B/C but I'm extremely careful and respectful that I don't get in the way of any vehicles.

Some people just walk out into traffic like they have some sort of protective shield around them. It's terrible around here and there are so many more fatalities and injuries than in the past. It's unbelievable. People who can barely walk going out into traffic, people pushing strollers into traffic, etc.

Mak1

08-11-2002

Tuesday, October 02, 2018 - 8:00 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mak1 a private message Print Post    
B - C, same reason as Teach, except we do have 2 stoplights.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Thursday, October 11, 2018 - 4:42 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
NEW Q: Do you hand wash your pots and pans or just load them into the dishwasher?

Last week or so I was at the hairdresser and a bunch of us were talking, somehow we got onto this subject and most of us hand-washed, but a couple said they just put them in the dishwasher.

Just curious.

Merrysea

08-13-2004

Thursday, October 11, 2018 - 4:44 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Merrysea a private message Print Post    
I don't know if it would be considered hand washing, because I don't always use soap to clean them off before putting them in the dishwasher. I usually use a sprayer and a scrub brush or net to make sure all the stuff is off.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Thursday, October 11, 2018 - 4:50 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
I hand-wash mine entirely, I was taught that you don't put them in the dishwasher so I put soap in, set it in the sink and fill it with water.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Thursday, October 11, 2018 - 5:36 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
I wash all pots and pans by hand.

Wargod

07-16-2001

Thursday, October 11, 2018 - 5:57 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Wargod a private message Print Post    
I wash everything by hand. New house came with a dishwasher, first time in my life I'd ever lived somewhere that had one. I used it til the novelty wore off and went back to doing dishes by hand. The dishwasher is now used for extra storage, lol.

Jmm

08-15-2002

Thursday, October 11, 2018 - 6:15 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jmm a private message Print Post    
I wash everything by hand too, War. Since it's just Draheid and I, the dishwasher is only used at Thanksgiving and Christmas when all the kids and grandkids are over. Even then I hand wash all the pans (or they do).

Egbok

07-13-2000

Thursday, October 11, 2018 - 7:18 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Egbok a private message Print Post    
I hand wash all my pots, pans, dishes, etc. Like Jmm, it's just EgBob and myself and I only use the dishwasher during the holiday feasts....with hand washing of the pots and pans only.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Thursday, October 11, 2018 - 7:25 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
If my dishwasher worked and I cooked, I probably would still wash them by hand.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Thursday, October 11, 2018 - 7:32 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
So funny, I do use my dishwasher and it is just me and my cats.... they do use a lot of plates, LOL. I do cook frequently but it still takes a bit of time before I have a full load.

Still hand wash the pots/pans.

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Thursday, October 11, 2018 - 7:38 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
I use my dishwasher all the time! Run it every other day or so. For pots and pans, it depends on how dirty they are. I probably hand wash them 75% of the time and throw them in the dishwasher 25%. Everything else goes in the dishwasher -- even plastic. I always turn off the dry cycle so no melting. I would never live without a dishwasher!

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Thursday, October 11, 2018 - 8:26 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    
It's just me and Bigdog, but we have a LOT of sets of plates, glasses, silverware, cups etc. We run the dishwasher when it gets full, which is about every three days. We wash most pots and pans by hand. Every now and then I will put one in the dishwasher.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Thursday, October 11, 2018 - 8:58 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I just asked my cat if she would use the dishwasher if it worked.

Side eye.. Nope!

Mack

07-22-2002

Friday, October 12, 2018 - 5:31 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mack a private message Print Post    
I got used to a dishwasher way back in the mid-50’s. My father had a sensitive stomach that he always said was from his POW time in WWII so my parents bought a Kenmore portable that they hauled all over the US and even to Morocco. In my adult life I’ve had and always used a dishwasher except for the three years I was living in Germany in Army quarters that didn’t have a dishwasher. Today we have a pretty new state-of-the-art dishwasher and we use it pretty much like Juju2bigdog since it’s also just the two of us.

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Friday, October 12, 2018 - 9:47 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
I rinse the gunk off in hot water then put the pots into the dishwasher. I use my dishwasher a lot even though there are only 2 of us. I tend to use the 30 minute express cycle a lot to save money. But my stuff is fairly clean before it goes in the dishwasher. I use the dishwasher more for sanitizing.

Dogdoc

09-29-2001

Saturday, October 13, 2018 - 7:24 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dogdoc a private message Print Post    
Sseamonkey ?

I don't have a dishwasher. We never had one when I was growing up.

I don't like all the noise they make.

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Saturday, October 13, 2018 - 9:24 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
We don't have a dishwasher so I handwash everything.

I also have Curtis Stone's pots and you really only need to wipe them with a cloth and everything comes right off but I do wash them with Dawn.

Heckagirl631

09-08-2010

Saturday, October 13, 2018 - 6:21 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Heckagirl631 a private message Print Post    
I have never had a dishwasher, so I am the dishwasher.

Naja

06-28-2003

Saturday, October 13, 2018 - 7:17 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
I put everything into the dishwasher. Stainless steel cookware can go in the bottom, and the no-stick goes on top.

The newer dishwashers use so little water that you don't have to feel bad about wasting water. About 4 gallons.

Firebird05

08-24-2001

Saturday, October 13, 2018 - 8:24 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Firebird05 a private message Print Post    
Wash older pots and pans in the dishwasher. Never ever my cast irons that I prefer for cooking. Wash the newer non sticks by hand.
Funny thing is not washing the pots and pans seems to be a thing. When I was a young girl my sister would put the dirty ones in the oven on her nights to do dishes. My kids and hubby do that too. So I’m always opening the oven to find cooked in pots and pans.

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Saturday, October 13, 2018 - 8:57 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    
Plus the new dishwashers do not make noise like the old ones did.

Dogdoc

09-29-2001

Sunday, October 14, 2018 - 5:35 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dogdoc a private message Print Post    
Juju, I didn't know they got less noisy.

Mack

07-22-2002

Sunday, October 14, 2018 - 8:06 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mack a private message Print Post    
Noise from a new dishwasher? Not really. Now I can’t speak for every level of every brand of dishwasher but our new KitchenAid is virtually silent. On a casual basis if it weren’t for the small LED light on the front you’d never know it was running. If I turn everything noise generating whatever off in the house and stand right at the dishwasher I can hear a very gentle and muffled swishing sound but I have to listen carefully and I have no hearing issues. That said I do remember the days of early dishwashers that sounded like a barrel of marbles and a huge wave generating machine. For sure you didn’t run a dishwasher when you wanted quiet.