TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through October 16, 2018

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: General Discussions: The only Dumb question is the one not asked (Q&A): ARCHIVES: Archive through October 16, 2018 users admin

Dipo

04-23-2002

Monday, October 08, 2018 - 12:22 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Thanks Grooch I will check it out.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Monday, October 08, 2018 - 12:58 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
I have a few Thomas pans which have been extremely good. Nice thick base for evenness and with metal handles they can go in the oven if you want to brown the top of something (downside of that is you have to use a potholder on the handles often, they get hot).

Grooch

06-16-2006

Monday, October 08, 2018 - 1:16 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Grooch a private message Print Post    
I have this old frying pan that my mother bought at a flea market in California back in the 60s'. It has a wooden handle and the whole outside is completely encrusted with burnt on stuff that it's become enameled. I guess you can call it well seasoned. Best frying pan ever! I will be so upset if anything ever happens to it.

Dogdoc

09-29-2001

Monday, October 08, 2018 - 1:19 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dogdoc a private message Print Post    
I got an e-mail from SKYPE today saying that I must upgrade from 7 to 8.

Is this a scam, or does it sound safe?

Thank you for any advice.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Monday, October 08, 2018 - 2:42 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
It's very good that you are being careful. The best thing to do when you receive an email like that is rather than clicking on a link in the email, open your web browser and do a search on Google. For example, search for "Skype upgrade".

I did that and got this page:

https://support.skype.com/en/faq/FA34841/updating-to-the-latest-version-of-skype

Upgrade from the source.

There are also various articles that talk about how the update is necessary.

So it sounds legitimate.

Dogdoc

09-29-2001

Monday, October 08, 2018 - 3:19 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dogdoc a private message Print Post    
Thank you Jimmer!

Naja

06-28-2003

Monday, October 08, 2018 - 3:27 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Dipo, If you're interested in no-stick cookware, I love my big T-Fal set. And then I bought a giant no-name stainless steel stockpot to go with it since it didn't come with one.

Here is a 2018 review of no-stick
cookware sets. Of course T-Fal is number 1. You can get them on Amazon.

https://www.cookwarejudge.com/top-10-best-nonstick-cookware-reviews.html

Roxip

01-29-2004

Monday, October 08, 2018 - 3:54 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
https://kitchencraftcookware.com/

My mother bought the original name brand (I can't remember what it was called - edited to say it was Saladmaster) in 1961 and we are still using it today. They demonstrate it every year at the State Fair and one year my daughter sat through the demonstration three times...LOL! It is expensive and you might find a similar product significantly cheaper, but they guarantee everything 100%...if your handles break off they will send you replacements, etc. The best thing they have is a shredder - honestly, we have had this set for 57 years and it still gets used daily and except for having to get replacement feet for the shredder (on their website it is called at Kitchen Kutter - hate that cutesy use of the K) we have never had any problems.

My friend broke a handle off of her's - was using it as a hammer behind her entertainment center (not sure why) and they even replaced her handle.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Monday, October 08, 2018 - 4:29 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
OMG, Roxip, that cutter brought back memories, I think my grandmother had that one! And I really want to know why you would use a pan instead of a hammer, hahahahahaha.

I just don't know what is best, non-stick, stainless steel, etc. This last set was CooksEssentials and has lasted a long time.

I do have my cast iron skillet and another deep stock/soup pot, so I guess I really just need to replace the saucepans.

Will keep looking at all the suggestions. Thanks so much.

Grooch

06-16-2006

Monday, October 08, 2018 - 4:37 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Grooch a private message Print Post    
The only thing with a nonstick is that you can't use metal utensils when you're cooking with it.

That's fine if you are the only one who cooks, but there is always somebody that comes along and scratches it. And then you have to throw it out.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Monday, October 08, 2018 - 10:28 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Dogdoc, yes, you must update to Skype 8. I got an email too, but I'd already upgraded. Just to be careful (as a scammer could utilise Skype's need to update) if I were you I would upgrade directly from the skype website:

https://www.skype.com/en/get-skype/

Use the blue "Get skype for windows" button and choose your platform.

Good news is Skype 8 isn't much different to Skype 7, just a slightly crappier interface, as all upgrades tend to be.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Tuesday, October 09, 2018 - 9:35 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
I personally have Circulon. And yes, now I'm wondering why she used her pan. I tried calling her last night but she didn't return my call...LOL!

Dogdoc

09-29-2001

Tuesday, October 09, 2018 - 12:14 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dogdoc a private message Print Post    
Kitt, I think I have the update.

I followed the steps. Is there some way we can tell if we have gone to 8.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Tuesday, October 09, 2018 - 12:30 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
On the left hand side there's the grey menu with either chats, calls, contacts or notifications listed. To the right of your skype name at the top of that grey section are three dots. Click on them, then click on settings.

In the settings box, on the right hand side is should say the Skype version you're on. It should be 8. something if you've upgraded to version 8.

Dogdoc

09-29-2001

Tuesday, October 09, 2018 - 3:41 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dogdoc a private message Print Post    
Thanks Kitt.

I got into settings but although there was a lot of listings there I didn't see anything that said what version I am on.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Tuesday, October 09, 2018 - 5:19 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Is there a "help and feedback" section in settings? That should say the version. If you're still somehow in Version 7 it might have been listed under "help" and "about."

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Tuesday, October 09, 2018 - 6:04 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Dogdoc, one way is to try to update it again.

Under Help, check for updates.

If you are running the most current version, it will tell you that you are.

Here is another set of instructions to check your version:

Windows

Sign into Skype.
Select Help (If the Menu bar is not visible Press the ALT key).

Note: If you are on Windows 10 and the Menu bar does not appear, select your profile picture and select Help & Feedback to see your version.
Select About Skype.

Christy358

07-10-2007

Tuesday, October 09, 2018 - 7:53 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Christy358 a private message Print Post    
What is a GAIN party? City police just posted to next door that if you are having a GAIN party on Nov 3. you need to register. I think it has something to do with instagram but wow do I feel old.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Tuesday, October 09, 2018 - 8:35 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Apparently it is a hashtag on Instagram and is a way to gain followers?

https://www.instagram.com/explore/tags/gainparty/

No idea why the police would be involved.

Maybe there is another meaning?

Naja

06-28-2003

Tuesday, October 09, 2018 - 8:57 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
This is what I found for another meaning, and the police do participate.

Crime Prevention Officers work with block captains year-round to keep the Neighborhood Watch program active in your community. As a participant in Neighborhood Watch, the Mesa Police Department is encouraging you to participate in G.A.I.N. (Getting Arizona Involved in Neighborhoods).

Here's the PDF
https://www.mesaaz.gov/Home/ShowDocument?id=28881

There's a whole section on G.A.I.N. parties and how they must be registered by Nov 3.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Tuesday, October 09, 2018 - 9:19 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Well, I like that explanation much better... For Arizona.

Dogdoc

09-29-2001

Wednesday, October 10, 2018 - 7:05 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dogdoc a private message Print Post    
Thank you Kitt and Karuuna.

I went to 'help' and I have the SKYPE update!

Kitt

09-05-2000

Wednesday, October 10, 2018 - 10:00 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Yey! A few things are in a different place but mostly it's the same to use.

Naja

06-28-2003

Tuesday, October 16, 2018 - 12:05 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
What truly is the cheapest way to buy pet meds? My beagle has to take meds for the rest of her life and one of them is $68 a month. I get it directly from the vet. It's 60mg caps of Vetoryl, 30 count. Every place I have checked online is about the same price, or more. The way they boast on TV, I thought all of these places online were supposed to be cheaper. Well none that I have seen are.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Tuesday, October 16, 2018 - 1:08 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Naja have you looked it up on petmeds.com? I have had good luck with them.