TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through October 08, 2018

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: General Discussions: The only Dumb question is the one not asked (Q&A): ARCHIVES: Archive through October 08, 2018 users admin

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Friday, July 27, 2018 - 2:54 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Okay, so after looking at it, what I described above is *automatically* included with DW tickets, but costs $10 extra at DisneyLand.

The difference is that while you can book multiple fast passes, you can only do them AT the park, and it gives you a time when you book your next fastpass. That time may be before you have used the first fastpass you booked.

Hope that helps.

So you have to have the app.
Book your first fastpass as early as it will let you on the day you are going.
Look for the time it gives you that says you can book another fastpass.
Check to see if you can book another fastpass, right after you check in at your fastpass ride too!

Wargod

07-16-2001

Friday, July 27, 2018 - 5:25 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Wargod a private message Print Post    
Pamy, thank you for the offer, but Kota jumped the gun. Her work buddy pointed out the same thing that she didn't want to spend part of her day standing in line to buy tickets, so she went ahead and got them online earlier. They got the park hopper with the maxpass added.

Pamy, the maxpass does include all the pics. I'm not sure other than that how it works (if they have to pay to print them or what?) but with the pics and fast passes, it sounds like a good deal.

Heh, Kota's going to Disneyland, Darren's going deep sea fishing, mom's at my sisters with the girls this weekend since sis and bil are out of town, and Caleb has plans with his friends tomorrow. I'm so excited I can't stand it, I rarely get the house to myself. I haven't decided yet what I'm doing. I might head to the library and the tea shop for a while or I might spend the day just vegging at home with the dogs.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Friday, July 27, 2018 - 6:24 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
Kar, good to know about DW. :-) I also dont think their parks are near as crowded as ours..mainly because there are so many parks

Pamy

01-01-2002

Friday, July 27, 2018 - 6:28 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
War, no prob, just happy they got them in advance :-) hoping she has a blast and hoping you enjoy your alone time :-) xoxooxox tell her us tvch mommies want to see a selfie of her at the park!

CA Adventure has Pixar fest going right now...lots of cool stuff at the park and fun food....then the firework show at disneyland is the best ever...its like a movie with fireworks

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Friday, July 27, 2018 - 11:39 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
I hope they have a blast at Disneyland.

Fast pass is markedly different between Cali and Florida. . It’s good she got Maxpass. For the photos you get to download them for free. Plus you get the ride photos. So make sure they grab those codes so they can download them too.

Wargod

07-16-2001

Saturday, July 28, 2018 - 2:23 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Wargod a private message Print Post    
Heh, Kota was up at 4 am, didn't surprise me a bit, she gets up at 330 for work. It did surprise me her boyfriend was up that early because he's usually going to bed at 4am, not getting up that early, lol. He showed up right on time and off they went.

I've gotten two texts, one about 745 letting me know they had made it and one about an hour ago letting me know they are having a blast.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Saturday, July 28, 2018 - 2:24 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
Wahooooo!!!! so excited for them!!!

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Saturday, July 28, 2018 - 2:57 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
And at least here the weather is really nice! Probably a little bit hotter there but should be great for them.

Happy for them to have such fun when they can.

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Saturday, July 28, 2018 - 3:14 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
Disneyland is magical. So glad they are having fun there.

Wargod

07-16-2001

Sunday, July 29, 2018 - 2:03 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Wargod a private message Print Post    
The kids had a fantastic time! They came back in matching hats and sweatshirts. Kota said the $10 for the maxpass was totally worth it, they fast passed every ride they could. Also loved the fireworks show and said it was awesome.

She also said neither park was as crowded as she'd expected for a Saturday in summer and while it wasn't all that hot (upper 80's) it was all kinds of humid.

I'll have to check out pics tomorrow, Kota stayed up long enough to tell me about her day while she waited for her boyfriend to text that he'd made it home and then went to bed. She's not used to staying up this late these days.

Heckagirl631

09-08-2010

Sunday, July 29, 2018 - 7:46 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Heckagirl631 a private message Print Post    
Why can I not watch Grandmaster Slice's "Electric Slide" on video anymore? I used to be able to watch anytime I wanted to. Googled it. Said it's not available in my country.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Sunday, July 29, 2018 - 9:51 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
War, so glad to hear she had a blast!!!!!

Hecka, what country are you in?

Pamy

01-01-2002

Sunday, July 29, 2018 - 9:51 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
I saw it on amazon prime streaming

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Monday, July 30, 2018 - 8:32 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Disney is the best. I don't know how I raised a kid that doesn't feel the same, but I have half a mind to retire, move to Florida and get a job at DW!

Pamy

01-01-2002

Monday, July 30, 2018 - 7:41 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
it would be worth it for the perks alone!!!

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Tuesday, July 31, 2018 - 11:41 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
I love Disney too and my teen is a fan as well. She’s trying to get me to take her to the Disney parks in China!!!

Heckagirl631

09-08-2010

Wednesday, August 01, 2018 - 5:29 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Heckagirl631 a private message Print Post    
United States. I used to watch it on You Tube. Haven't been able to find it in months. Googled it, in case I could see it somewhere different, and it says it's not available in my area.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Friday, August 03, 2018 - 5:58 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
New Q: My smoke detector started beeping, so I changed the battery but it won't stop beeping! I did what I found online to try and get it to stop.

How long before I decide it is toast and I need a new one? TIA.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Friday, August 03, 2018 - 6:29 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Ok, nevermind, it finally stopped beeping! Thank goodness it was making me insane.

Grooch

06-16-2006

Thursday, August 16, 2018 - 8:50 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Grooch a private message Print Post    
Has Toto's song "Africa" been rereleased? Ever time I turn on the car radio this week, the song is on. Weird.

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Thursday, August 16, 2018 - 9:14 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
I believe the one that is out now is sung by Weezer (sp?). One of my very favorite songs ever and they kept it true to the original.
https://www.npr.org/sections/therecord/2018/05/29/
615204047/cracking-open-totos-beige-classic-africa-weezer-grants-the-internet-s-wish

Grooch

06-16-2006

Thursday, August 16, 2018 - 9:34 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Grooch a private message Print Post    
Thanks! Now I am going to have to listen to see which version they're playing. Lol!

I hate that radio stations never tell what songs they just played anymore.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Thursday, August 16, 2018 - 10:07 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
The reason is that the Angel City Chorale sang and performed Africa for this audition for America's Got Talent.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=gBYlKEIGXJs

They just made the semi finals.

Toto should be grateful.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Sunday, October 07, 2018 - 7:51 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
New Q: I need to get some new pots / pans. I was noticing that my 8 qt, and saucepans have basic fried inside bottoms. Does anyone have any recommendations?

I normally would put this in cooking but I think more people will see it here.

Grooch

06-16-2006

Monday, October 08, 2018 - 2:14 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Grooch a private message Print Post    
Dipo, here's a link to America's Test Kitchen where they reviewed sets of pots and pans. You need to give them your email to see the results, but the info on what they were looking for and why was very helpful.

If I was looking, I'd give them email, and then unsubscribe when I'm finished. I probably have in the past. I used to get their Cooks Illustrated magazine.

Cookware Sets

Ok, I just saw that the article is old, but I'd still read the free part just to get an idea what to look for and avoid.

Here's another one from Good Housekeeping that's from this year.

The Best Stainless Steel Cookware Sets for Your Kitchen