TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through July 26, 2018

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: General Discussions: All Things Technical: The Help Desk: ~iPhone/iPod/MP3/Itunes/Etc Help!~: Archive through July 26, 2018 users admin

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Sunday, September 27, 2015 - 7:15 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
Pretty much right when it came out so it has been a few days. Then I updated again to 9.0.1 (I guess Apple already fixed something) and that worked fine as well.

These upgrades are pretty smooth for 99% of the people who do them but I understand your concern. If your phone becomes unusable then it can be a real problem.

Mack

07-22-2002

Monday, September 28, 2015 - 6:08 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mack a private message Print Post    
Same as Jimmer. We've updated two iPhones and two iPads with the basic update and the update of the update without any issues.

Teachmichigan

07-22-2001

Monday, September 28, 2015 - 7:42 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Teachmichigan a private message Print Post    
Thanks. Backing up the phone and then updating tonight.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Monday, September 28, 2015 - 8:08 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
Let us know how it goes.

Scout

01-19-2005

Friday, December 04, 2015 - 9:01 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Scout a private message Print Post    
Is anyone else experiencing page crashes on their iPad?
Mine is a first generation and always worked fine. After the last update, I noticed that pages were constantly refreshing and giving me an error message.
After the latest update, it's worse than ever. Now it just freezes, goes to a blue screen and then returns to the icons screen.

I tried to look up the answer and other people have mentioned having the problem, but none of the fixes they said have worked for me. I can almost never get through an entire article now without it happening.

Restarts help it temporarily and I have done a network reset, but it just keeps happening and seems to be getting worse.

Is it because my iPad is somehow too old for these updates? Someone I know who has a new one, though, said this was happening to her as well. Neither one of us has a clue how to fix it, though.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Friday, December 04, 2015 - 9:10 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
Are you sure it's first generation? There hasn't been an update to the first generation iPad in a long time.

I assume you've tried all the standard resets etc.?

Scout

01-19-2005

Friday, December 04, 2015 - 9:30 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Scout a private message Print Post    
Sorry, you're right, it's not a first generation. I just looked up the serial number and it's an iPad 2. I've had it so long I'd forgotten.
I usually just get a notice that a new update is available and download it then. I think the latest was the 9.1 software but not positive. I have the 9.1 still to do on my phone and no notices on the iPad so I believe it must be the 9.1 that was the last one I put in.

I think i have done all the resets that I can think of.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Friday, December 04, 2015 - 3:29 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
The old hold down the power button and home button and keep holding until you see the Apple one?

Scout

01-19-2005

Sunday, December 06, 2015 - 3:37 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Scout a private message Print Post    
I did try that, but it didn't seem to change anything.
I checked at Best Buy and both tech guys seem to think it's a hardware problem and probably not any easy fix.
Thanks for the help, Jimmer!

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Sunday, December 06, 2015 - 5:13 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
You're welcome. If you're lucky enough to be near an Apple store they're pretty good about looking at these things so you might want to try there.

Scout

01-19-2005

Monday, December 14, 2015 - 8:33 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Scout a private message Print Post    
We have no Apple stores near us, unfortunately. I tried a complete factory reset and that didn't help. But turning off JavaScript does let me read the entire page without crashing.

Abby7

07-17-2002

Saturday, July 23, 2016 - 3:31 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Abby7 a private message Print Post    
I don't need tech help...but thought I would share the prob I had. I have iPad mini 2. Stopped charging...assumed cable prob. Went to get new new cable, but had it checked first. It was fine...he tested the new one...didn't work. He looked at my iPad thought it was the charging port. After calling Apple for repair (charge would be $199), I started calling repair shops in my area. Apparently, repairing the iPad mini 2 charging port takes 2.5 - 5 hours (depending on who I called). A few would not repair it. The reason being...the technician needs to solder to repair. Didn't quite get why tech couldn't solder, didn't ask...but fine. So, found a few who would prices from 79-149 fr repair. My last call was to the place for $79. I didn't choose him because he was the cheapest. He told me it's a difficult repair....70-80% of the time works out. However, the heat sometimes cracks the screen. I would then be charged for the screen/part only...$60...not labor. I was really happy he explained that so took iPad to him. They checked it while there....yep cables not prob, so left it overnight. Picked up iPad. No charge. The tech "adjusted/played with" whatever
in that charging port. Fixed. What's odd ,though, after the "adjustment" the radio shack cable no longer worked but our Apple cable still worked..Not sure how long this repair will last but happy with the honesty. Gave small amount of $ (they did not ask) for their time and purchased a new cable.

Grooch

06-16-2006

Wednesday, September 07, 2016 - 12:06 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Grooch a private message Print Post    
Iphone question here!

My niece likes to walk and bike around town with earphones to listen to her music.

Is there some kind of small portable speakers that she can use to hear her music without the earphones?

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Wednesday, September 07, 2016 - 12:50 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
Maybe any sort of small Bluetooth wireless speaker. The downside of course is that even though they are relatively small and light (as speakers go) they are heavier and larger than earphones and of course everyone can hear what you are listening to.

Here's one that JBL makes. The sound quality is good at a fairly reasonable price. I don't have one of these but I have their Flip 3 speaker and it works great.

http://ca.jbl.com/product-detail-new-jbl/jbl-clip-plus-blue.html

(That link is to the Canadian website though the American product is the same.)

Clip

Grooch

06-16-2006

Wednesday, September 07, 2016 - 1:12 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Grooch a private message Print Post    
Thanks, Jimmer!

I don't care if other people can hear her music as she's walking or biking. I'd much rather her hear the traffic or people sneaking up on her from behind.

I have fits seeing people riding their bikes watching their phones with their earphones on while playing that Pokémon thing. They have no clue they are about to ride into me!

I'm getting old. Lol!

Abby7

07-17-2002

Thursday, December 01, 2016 - 3:18 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Abby7 a private message Print Post    
I went to update IPAD and it was installing slowly so tried to stop it. big mistake. I couldn't get back on. its a mini 2. I pressed the power button and home button and got the apple sign. then immediately it goes to a dark screen that reads support.apple.com/ipad/restore. then drawing of the cable, small white arrow pointing to iTunes logo. it's stuck on that. I can't figure out how to get it to home page (even after going to apple support on computer). has anyone had to do a restore from computer for an ipad?

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Thursday, December 01, 2016 - 3:48 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
Do you back up to iTunes?

Muffin

08-29-2007

Thursday, December 01, 2016 - 3:54 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Muffin a private message Print Post    
Abby, call 1-800-applecare. They might be able to guide you on what to do.
I have not updated any of my Apple products yet. I am waiting until there is no problem with them.
I think I once restored my iPhone from the computer (Mac) but it was the Apple care people that guided me by phone.

Abby7

07-17-2002

Thursday, December 01, 2016 - 3:54 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Abby7 a private message Print Post    
no I went to the iTunes website on computer. I guess i need to pay for a subscription. I tried restore without iTunes, guess i'll try that again (but that was not from the apple support site.

thanks, jimmer. i'll look up more info.

Abby7

07-17-2002

Thursday, December 01, 2016 - 3:56 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Abby7 a private message Print Post    
thanks muffin. i'll call rn

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Thursday, December 01, 2016 - 5:10 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
If you have backed up to ITunes, you would just plug the ipad into your computer, open ITunes and then, use the Restore from backup.

However, if you have not backed up to ITunes, that process will not work. You may need to call them.

Abby7

07-17-2002

Thursday, December 01, 2016 - 6:31 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Abby7 a private message Print Post    
thanks everyone. just finished phone calls with 1800myapple reps. we did screen sharing on the computer (ipad plugged into computer). I downloaded iTunes....free). that was quick. was going to take 56 minutes to get ipad restored. rep said to check the little clock on the screen every so often. all fine. came back 10 minutes later and clock off screen. not wanting to touch anything I just called back. he told me he had checked with the guy I spoke to before and he noticed it stopped right before he got off screen. so ended up instead of restore, had to set ipad back to factory settings. which was fine, (most likely lose everything...fine I only used it for surfing internet...except for about 6 special photos).

so, ready to be set up again. dh set it up first time, but I was setting it up this time. then, I get to password. I thought I could set up a new pw. I usually handle all p/w's. (not in this case). so, dh doesn't remember/not sure. only thing I can do now is call internet provider to get the network password situated.

so, at least i'm closer and ipad ready to be used again (once I get the pw situated).

apple was great....just like all of you.

Abby7

07-17-2002

Thursday, December 01, 2016 - 10:13 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Abby7 a private message Print Post    
Dh found password (for router).did not have to call internet provider.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Friday, December 02, 2016 - 6:51 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
That's super Abby. Glad you've got it fixed up!

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Thursday, July 26, 2018 - 7:47 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
DING DING DING DING DING DING when I plug iPhone 6 Plus into my MacBook Pro -- usually, not always. Mac isn't recognizing phone. AppleCare says probably need new phone cable. Usually I'm fine with going to Apple Store. Not this time. Getting sick of technology.