TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through August 01, 2018

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: General Discussions: Free Expression...: Silly little gripes: Archive through August 01, 2018 users admin

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Monday, July 30, 2018 - 4:22 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
Could it be an ear problem? Trip to an ENT doc?

Firebird05

08-24-2001

Monday, July 30, 2018 - 6:06 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Firebird05 a private message Print Post    
I don’t know I finally asked Hubby to see if he could hear it and he said he didn’t hear anything. I’m afraid to ask anyone else. I can hear . It doesn’t stop for long. I don’t think I’m crazy or just hearing something that doesn’t exsist but then I guess a person wouldn’t know would they. If it’s real to you it’s real right.

Grooch

06-16-2006

Monday, July 30, 2018 - 6:26 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Grooch a private message Print Post    
Firebird, do you hear it when you are not home?

If you do, then maybe Colordeagua is onto something.

Firebird05

08-24-2001

Monday, July 30, 2018 - 6:39 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Firebird05 a private message Print Post    
It’s gone the pop pop has stopped. The trash and recycling people came by an hour ago and it just stopped. I had to wait to be sure but it stopped. My next door neighbors stuff is close to my house. I don’t know what those fools had in there but glad it’s gone.
Power of suggestion from hubby I don’t know. He can’t hear the doorbell ring so he is not exactly a reliable source on the hearing thing.
At least I know I’m not going nutty at lease no more nuts than I already was. 🤪🤪🤪

Grooch

06-16-2006

Monday, July 30, 2018 - 7:22 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Grooch a private message Print Post    
Yay! For no more popping!

Firebird05

08-24-2001

Monday, July 30, 2018 - 7:59 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Firebird05 a private message Print Post    
It’s still gone. Not one more pop. I’m deliriously happy. Is it weird to think one small noise could drive you bonkers and you could be so happy to have it gone?

Firebird05

08-24-2001

Monday, July 30, 2018 - 9:58 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Firebird05 a private message Print Post    
Still gone. Yeah

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Monday, July 30, 2018 - 11:25 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Good to hear you are popless.

Sunnyday

08-07-2014

Monday, July 30, 2018 - 12:59 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sunnyday a private message Print Post    
I have a pounding in my ears. I notice it at night when I go to bed. I asked one of my doctors about it, he said it was a normal thing for some older people, his dad has it also. He said that they're not sure what causes it. It's annoying at times but have gotten use to it so doesn't bother me most of the time.

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Monday, July 30, 2018 - 1:48 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
Noises here -- my iPhone sometimes DING DING DING DING constantly for a while. Why it does or doesn't I don't know. Then the droning of the cicadas in hot weather. YIKES, that sound drives me bonkers.

Firebird05

08-24-2001

Monday, July 30, 2018 - 2:08 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Firebird05 a private message Print Post    
Colord I hate cicadas. I don’t know why they exciist or what they are for except to be annoying and drive people bonkers. I tend to stay indoors when they come out of their hidey holes.

Ding ding ding my phone does the same thing, usually early in the morning and it’s mostly spam callers. I try to block them but it never ends now it’s a lot of political calls.

Grooch

06-16-2006

Monday, July 30, 2018 - 2:16 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Grooch a private message Print Post    
I enjoy the cicadas. Let's me know that nature still exists. Plus it helps drown out the noise of the stupid traffic which is REALLY annoying.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Monday, July 30, 2018 - 2:50 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I have tinnitus and I have to ignore it.. but for some people it seems to ruin life.

Noises here that I don't like.. the mowers the gardeners use, the edgers, hedgeclippers and leaf blowers.

And the noises made by crews remodeling various condos here.

Actually our complex is relatively quiet. I don't hear street noises much.

No cicadas here.

The most annoying noise really is when people go outside and shout on their cell phones!

Grooch

06-16-2006

Monday, July 30, 2018 - 3:01 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Grooch a private message Print Post    
Leaf blowers are the worst! They should be outlawed. Don't get me started on them.

Wargod

07-16-2001

Monday, July 30, 2018 - 3:28 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Wargod a private message Print Post    
For a couple weeks, every morning at the same time, I would hear music. It sounded distant and I couldn't hear it well enough to identify what the music was. It was weird, I only heard it if I was standing near my bedroom door or laying in bed...if I got up to go to the windows or the bathroom, I wasn't hearing it. And I knew the neighbors (coming from the direction of the music) went to work earlier than I heard this.

By the time I heard the music, Darren and Kota were at work and mom had left to go to ymca for her exercise swimming class. Caleb, out of school for summer break and staying up half the night, was still in bed. I could not figure out where the heck it was coming from. It was driving me nuts, I had pretty much decided I was imagining it (since it was happening about the time I'd be going to sleep I thought it was probably a weird brain thing, lol,) and I was doing my best to ignore it.

Then one morning, several weeks after this started, PJ was scratching to be let in my room so I got up and opened the door. And clearly heard music. Tracked it straight to Caleb's room. In an effort to keep to his school time schedule, he was setting his alarm. But, because he was on summer break and staying up half the night, when the clock went off and music blared, he'd ignore it and then smack the snooze button, and ignore it once again when it went off. Come to find out he'd been ignoring/snoozing for over an hour each morning before he either shut it off or dragged himself out of bed, lol.

Ophiliasgrandma

09-04-2001

Tuesday, July 31, 2018 - 8:25 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ophiliasgrandma a private message Print Post    
I like to tell every one of my neighborhood men where they can stick their leaf blowers. A pox on the lot of them!

Mack

07-22-2002

Tuesday, July 31, 2018 - 2:28 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mack a private message Print Post    
OK. Got a question. Why in the you-know-what do people walk or drive behind your car when you’re backing up and 1/3 to 1/2 of the way out of a parking space? Then they glare at you like you were trying to drive over or into them. Luckily both of our vehicles have rear cameras, sensors, etc., so I get an imagine or warning beep but geez people!!!

Dogdoc

09-29-2001

Tuesday, July 31, 2018 - 2:51 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dogdoc a private message Print Post    
Mack, that is very common in grocery store parking lots.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Tuesday, July 31, 2018 - 2:59 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I try hard to drive through a space so I don't have to back out, but I think the car driving by might have right of way.

Yep I searched and all hits say the the car backing out just yield to the car driving through.

I do love having a backup camera for backing out of my garage.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Tuesday, July 31, 2018 - 3:40 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
Even if you have the right of way, if someone is already backing out, the nice polite thing to do is let them finish rather than blocking them off. It’s much better for everyone.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Tuesday, July 31, 2018 - 4:34 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
In certain parking lots they will stop because they want that space!!

Mack

07-22-2002

Tuesday, July 31, 2018 - 7:12 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mack a private message Print Post    
I agree that the car backing out should yield and I certainly do but then again the driver’s driving through press the issue sometimes a bit too far. Walkers I just don’t understand as they literally walk up on you from a blind spot and expect you to see them.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Tuesday, July 31, 2018 - 7:36 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Walkers are crazy to take chances!!

Dipo

04-23-2002

Tuesday, July 31, 2018 - 10:10 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
That's for sure, when I am walking I believe every car on the road and in parking lots is trying to kill me. I stop for everyone, many times it is a contest for who will go first when they try to wave me on, LOL.

Grooch

06-16-2006

Wednesday, August 01, 2018 - 4:21 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Grooch a private message Print Post    
I get nervous walking in parking lots because some of those new cars are so quiet, you can't tell that they are on and all of a sudden the reverse lights turn on and I have to jump out of the way. I try to walk in the middle of the lane, but that's not to easy either.

But, I agree with you, Mack, there are a lot of stupid people, who are aware and see you are backing up and moving, and they just keep walking behind you. They terrify me.

And, what also gets me, is that I live in a tiny town, and the towns around me are tiny, but they have a lot of traffic in the summer. When you try to drive down the busy main street, and trying to avoid cars backing up (diagonal parking) most of the pedestrians are jaywalking and popping out of nowhere between the parked cars. They don't even stop to look for traffic. They treat the road as one giant crosswalk. And there are more than enough crosswalks that are conveniently located. It's not like you have to walk that far out of your way to get to one. I wish the rent-a-cops would take time out of their writing up parking tickets and spend time writing up jay walkers.