TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through August 01, 2018

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: General Discussions: The Entertainment Place: Hollywood gossip, news & milestones: Archives: Archive through August 01, 2018 users admin

Roxip

01-29-2004

Thursday, June 28, 2018 - 3:54 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
Oh, I don't think so...but you can't change the past, hopefully you learn from it. It certainly seems that Michael Jackson learned and protected his children fiercely against exploitation...hopefully his brothers and sister did/do the same.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Thursday, June 28, 2018 - 4:18 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I just don't see glossing over things, but that is typical.

Forgiveness is good for the forgiver, as long as they protect others, of course..

Snoopsmom

02-19-2003

Tuesday, July 24, 2018 - 1:28 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Snoopsmom a private message Print Post    
No link, but breaking news just came on the TV. Demi Lovato has been taken from a home in the Hollywood Hills to the hospital for a suspected heroin overdose.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Tuesday, July 24, 2018 - 2:52 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Oh dear, I thought she was doing better.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Tuesday, July 24, 2018 - 2:56 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
NBC News Verified account @NBCNews
42m42 minutes ago
More
DEVELOPING: Demi Lovato hospitalized in LA, two sources familiar with the incident tell @NBCNews. https://nbcnews.to/2uMAMLF - @anblanx

Demi Lovato was hospitalized after an apparent drug overdose from an unspecified narcotic, sources tell @NBCNews.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Tuesday, July 24, 2018 - 5:45 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
NBC News Verified account @NBCNews
2m2 minutes ago
More
UPDATE: "Demi is awake and with her family who want to express thanks to everyone for the love, prayers and support. Some of the information being reported is incorrect and they respectfully ask for privacy," Demi Lovato's spokesperson tells @NBCNews.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Wednesday, July 25, 2018 - 7:22 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
Supposedly it was not heroin and for some reason her family doesn't like that people are saying that it is...to me an overdose is an overdose, no matter what drug it is. Six years sober and now look where she is...

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Wednesday, July 25, 2018 - 11:42 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Possibly a reaction to Justin Bieber 's engagement?

Sad.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Wednesday, July 25, 2018 - 11:46 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
I think you’re confusing Demi with Selena. :-)

Texannie

07-15-2001

Wednesday, July 25, 2018 - 3:52 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texannie a private message Print Post    
Dipo, it’s very funny in the ‘addiction’ world. Alcoholics will take great offense to be lumped in with drug addict is. Cocaine users think they are better than heroin users, crack and bath salts users are the lowest level. And it goes on.
We were talking about this at work (I work for a SUD treatment facility) and we were even surprised that she went from her pattern of alcohol, cocaine and OxyContin. You don’t usually see a switch like that with a relapse, but active Opioid users are switching to heroin because it’s easier to get because of the crack down so maybe that’s what happened.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Wednesday, July 25, 2018 - 6:34 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I sure was, Jimmer..

Still sad..

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Wednesday, July 25, 2018 - 6:37 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Hmm, I guess there was a breakup with her life coach recently..

https://www.msn.com/en-us/music/celebrity/demi-lovato-started-to-believe-the-myth-of-moderation-before-apparent-overdose-source/ar-BBL3Dp0?ocid=spartanntp

Dipo

04-23-2002

Wednesday, July 25, 2018 - 8:24 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
I saw a report on her from "e" I think, they said she got rid of her manager, her sober coach and someone else recently. Kind of compared it to when Brittney went off the rails.

Pamy it is amazing that there is a hierarchy of addiction.

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Wednesday, July 25, 2018 - 10:16 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
They are now saying that she started to believe the myth of handling it in moderation.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Thursday, July 26, 2018 - 7:14 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
On Kidd Kraddock in the Morning this morning it was said that she had started hanging out with a bunch of people who binge use drugs and the sober people in her life (manager, sober coach, etc.) had staged an intervention and when she was not receptive they walked away from her (although of course it was reported that she fired them I tend to believe that they fired her). It was also said that she and her crew of druggies kept Narcon available because they knew it was inevitable that one of them would eventually need it. Nice friends, right? Always be prepared.

I don't think there is such a thing as moderation when you are an addict. That is just a lie you tell yourself to justify.

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Thursday, July 26, 2018 - 9:38 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    
Agree with Roxip's last sentence. If you are an addict, you just can't. Ever.

Kappy

06-28-2002

Friday, July 27, 2018 - 9:16 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kappy a private message Print Post    
I found it informative when Kelly Osborne said that rehab doesn't fix you, that it's meant to give you the tools to deal with being an addict which is a life-long fight. My heart goes out to Ms. Lovato and her family.

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Sunday, July 29, 2018 - 9:58 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
there are heirac\rchy's in everything, but I will tell you when I went to AA meetings with my ex, judges decided to send Narc addicts to AA meetings for help and it used to drive them nuts to have drug addicts who did not want to be there disrupting the meetings. and since I lived in a city then where people did not have to drive, the alcoholics did not break the law for their addiction, they just destroyed their lives and their families.
now with in drugs, I am sure that people who are addicted to prescription drugs look down on those buying theri habit on the street.

also interesting is that there are new theories in alcoholism where some people running rehabs are saying AA is bad people should not go there and you can learn to drink responsibly. But important to note they run rehabs. Not all rehabs are equal. just like not all AA meetings are equal. You have to find what works for you.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Tuesday, July 31, 2018 - 4:39 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Alan Alda announced that he has Parkinson's.

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Tuesday, July 31, 2018 - 4:45 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
I heard that. So sad. I've always thought he was so awesome as a person and funny.

Ophiliasgrandma

09-04-2001

Wednesday, August 01, 2018 - 5:05 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ophiliasgrandma a private message Print Post    
He won 7 or 8 Emmys for playing Hawkeye. I still watch one or to MASH's about every day. The man is an acting genius.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Wednesday, August 01, 2018 - 12:17 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I watch M*A*S*H a lot..

Ophiliasgrandma

09-04-2001

Wednesday, August 01, 2018 - 12:51 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ophiliasgrandma a private message Print Post    
I love all the characters. I sure wish that Gary Burgoff had stayed. Wasn't Frank Burns a hoot!

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Wednesday, August 01, 2018 - 5:32 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
It was a wonderful show.

Merrysea

08-13-2004

Wednesday, August 01, 2018 - 7:41 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Merrysea a private message Print Post    
I have the DVD collection. It was one of my favorite shows of all time!