TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through July 27, 2018

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: General Discussions: The only Dumb question is the one not asked (Q&A): ARCHIVES: Archive through July 27, 2018 users admin

Pamy

01-01-2002

Friday, July 20, 2018 - 6:58 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
I think you need to get a checking account that doesnt force you to have a savings acct. My wells fargo acct is free as long as I have at least 1 direct dep and use the atm card a few times a month

Dipo

04-23-2002

Friday, July 20, 2018 - 9:48 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Yep, I actually have another account I think I could use for online banking, that wouldn't cost me a dime. Just starting to try and figure it out.

Thanks Kitt, I keep meaning to do the math and then forgetting.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Saturday, July 21, 2018 - 2:45 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Question...

I guess the last time it rained here the rain was dirty, as the windows facing in one direction are really bad.

If we get a window cleaner (they're upstairs windows) do we have to take down (and clean?) all the insect screens over the windows, or do they do that as part of the cost? I don't see how they can clean the windows without removing the screens.

Jmm

08-15-2002

Saturday, July 21, 2018 - 3:04 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jmm a private message Print Post    
I researched a few local window cleaning services here and it appears that they take down, clean, and then replace the screens. You might just want to call a couple in your area and just see what they say.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Saturday, July 21, 2018 - 5:33 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
It would be good if they did them, some of them take some maneuvering to get in and out!

I will ask when I call, just wanted an idea what to expect.

Thank you! :-)

Biscottiii

05-29-2004

Saturday, July 21, 2018 - 6:12 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Biscottiii a private message Print Post    
My window cleaners are up on a TALL ladder (San Francisco style skinny house) The guy takes off the screens and hooks screen to a hook on the ladder to wash window, then puts it back after wiping down. Saves numerous trips up&down ladder plus his time.

Wargod

07-16-2001

Wednesday, July 25, 2018 - 3:41 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Wargod a private message Print Post    
Are there any places to get legitimate Disneyland/California Adventure tickets at a discounted or sales price? Tips or tricks to finding them that are secret? I know Costco sold them at a discount (we're going to check tomorrow) but if I remember right, that was for four tickets, not two.

Dakota has a rare, full weekend off (since she started working, I think she's had two of those, one was over a holiday and one when she had the kidney stone) and her and her boyfriend have decided they want to go to Disneyland. Unfortunately, because she is still a temp employee, she has no vacation and can't take a day off to go so she has no flexibility to go during a non-peak day when it's a little cheaper.

They really want one day, park hopper tickets.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Wednesday, July 25, 2018 - 5:34 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
My friend who goes there more than children says to try "Getaway Today". I don't even know what that is, but she also said Disney is so popular that they don't have to offer discounts, LOL.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Wednesday, July 25, 2018 - 5:35 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
https://www.getawaytoday.com/

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Wednesday, July 25, 2018 - 6:31 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
War, if she is going to college, they may have discount tickets.

Years ago when we had a tvch meet when spygirl came to Long Beach, a group of us spend a day at Universal Studios and Zmom got us discount tickets through Santa Ana College.

Hard to say if that sort of program is still available or not.

They used to have a slight discount (in the winter) for a list of zip codes in OC. They don't seem to have an off season anymore.

Wargod

07-16-2001

Wednesday, July 25, 2018 - 10:20 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Wargod a private message Print Post    
She's not a student yet, Sea.

Dipo, I only saw the two day park hopper tickets on getawaytoday.com. And lol, your friend is right, Disney just keeps jacking up the prices on tickets and people still go.

Kota has the disney app and they have one deal, pay an extra $10 per ticket and you get a fastpass (not sure if it's actually one or more?) and a photo with a character. We're going to check out what Costco has tomorrow...if the discount is good enough and the tickets can be split (use 2 now and 2 later) it might be worth going that route.

Sea, I checked their calendar, they have some off-peak hours (cost $97 those days, compared to $135 this weekend) coming up at the end of August, during the week, I think M-Th.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Thursday, July 26, 2018 - 7:56 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
War, at my work for a peak day 1 day hopper it's 182 + tax/fee total is 196.33 per person.
it incls a 25.oo restaurant gift card

Do you know anyone in the military? they have great deals but you have to buy on base.

AAA sells discount tix, not sure price

I read at Mousesavers.com and Undercovertourist.com that 1 day hoppers are rarely on sale...you have to get multi day for best deals

that 10.oo upgrade thing is totally worth it :-)

Im guessing she wants to go this weekend?

Wargod

07-16-2001

Thursday, July 26, 2018 - 9:36 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Wargod a private message Print Post    
Yep, she has the whole weekend off. Company has their annual fishing trip Saturday, so everyone is off. Since she works 6 days a week, 10-12 hour days (only 8's on Saturdays,) she doesn't have much flexibility for when she goes. Not only does she have the whole weekend off, but we are encouraging her to go and have fun because she works her butt off and needs to enjoy herself sometimes or she's going to burn out real quick.

Active military, no. Costco also doesn't have the tickets anymore, at least not ours. I think the kids have pretty much decided to just buy the tickets there and get the upgrade.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Thursday, July 26, 2018 - 9:50 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
i can give you my sign on at the ticketsatwork.com site if she wants to get those tix at the 196 price...its a little cheaper than full price PLUS she will have the tix before she goes and wont have to wait in the line to get tix...which can be looooong!!!

Wargod

07-16-2001

Thursday, July 26, 2018 - 10:41 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Wargod a private message Print Post    
I'll ask her tomorrow if she wants to go that route, Pamy, thanks! Either way, I should point out the long ticket line and suggested they buy tickets online.

She told her boyfriend she wants to leave about 5:30am, lol! There was a note (maybe on the disney site?) that if it gets too crowded, they'll stop letting people in so the suggestion is to get there early. She doesn't want to take any chances that she won't get to go.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Thursday, July 26, 2018 - 10:52 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
That is true but with the hot weather, unless there is something special or new (and there may be with Pixar Pier?) it probably won't close. But you never know. Better safe than sorry. Of course you don't want to be there before they open..

Roxip

01-29-2004

Friday, July 27, 2018 - 8:30 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
Isn't it nice to see Clubhouse people working together to make something special happen for somebody's kid? I love this place!

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Friday, July 27, 2018 - 9:03 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Is fastpass no longer included in all tickets???

I was at DW last February and it was included in our park hopper tickets.

Note: the BEST way to use Fastpass is to download the Disney app!

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Friday, July 27, 2018 - 11:57 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Kar, did you get your tickets through your hotel? Those tend to have some benefits, like that early hour of the day..

I did buy tickets online for friends coming in from New Zealand. I think there was a local discount involved since they were travelling in their summer, our winter.

Personally, I had my premium pass (back when I could afford them).

I wonder how much the least expensive premium pass would cost (assuming the desired dates aren't blacked out). That might be worth it if it covered those dates and then could be used for other non blacked out dates for a year for the same person.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Friday, July 27, 2018 - 12:10 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
We bought our tickets online. It was just a three day park hopper. I was unaware of how to use the Disney app to sign up for fastpasses until we got to the park the first day.

As I recall, you could sign up for three fastpasses on the app as early as the day before. That was a lot easier than trying to find a fast pass kiosk in the park.

I also recall that because of the app, the kiosks were mostly out of fast pass availability, so the app was definitely the way to go!

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Friday, July 27, 2018 - 12:51 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
Okay, if she's going to Disneyland in California, you cannot get your Fastpasses in Advance. That's Disney World. At Disneyland you can pull fastpasses from the machines for Free. But for $10 a day you can get them on your phone. I think it's worth it for a busy day. As soon as you go through the turnstile, you buy your "express" fastpass through the Disneyland App and can start pulling fastpasses.

As for tickets, when comparing prices some sites include Tax and some don't in their quotes, so keep that in mind. Basically for a 1 day hopper you won't really find deals. I think just having the ticket in hand so you don't have to stand in line to buy is the best strategy.

To get early entry you have to either stay onsite at Disneyland or buy a 3 day hopper. Saturday mornings are magic mornings, so hotel guests and others will already be in Disneyland an hour before regular tickets can get in.

AS for getting there before opening -- yes you DO want to! You need to park, get through security, and be lined up at the gates well before your time to get in.

I hope enjoys the magic of Disneyland! And no, the park won't fill to capacity. That happens on Christmas, New years, etc.

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Friday, July 27, 2018 - 12:56 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
Adding... one nice thing about the $10 fastpass upgrade is that you can grab fastpasses for the other park. So if you're over in California Adventure you can grab a fastpass for Space mountain.

Disneyland is so fun! IF they want to ride the old Tower of Terror renamed to Guardians of the Galaxy Breakout -- that one runs out of fastpass quickly. So does the Cars Racers. Those two would be a priority. Although the RAcers can be riden via the single rider line. Also Indiana Jones has a single rider line too -- just ask and they will tell you where to go and give you a pass for it.

And keep track of when you can pull your next fasspass and do it right away. It can occur prior to using your existing fastpass.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Friday, July 27, 2018 - 2:40 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
Kar, you still get free fastpasses with your tix but this 10.00 express pass is an upgrade...i havent gotten it yet so dont know all the details but i know with reg fast pass you can only get 1 fast pass at a time...this new one i believe you can get multi fast passes...but im not positive

since Kota doesnt go often, and its a summer sat, she should for sure upgrade :-) plus i think it incls all the pics the cast members take of you during the day

Pamy

01-01-2002

Friday, July 27, 2018 - 2:42 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
just saw brendas post...yes great advice....the parking opens an hour before the park and it can take over an hour to get in the parking and go thru security...so i would tell her to get there before 7. :-)

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Friday, July 27, 2018 - 2:45 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Okay. But just so you know, on the Disney app at DisneyWorld (not sure about DisneyLand), you *can* get multiple fast passes... up to three... and you can sign up for them on the app 30 days before your visit! You can also change them at any time, or cancel them to get a different one.

So, sometimes we'd see there wasn't a line for a ride that we had a Fastpass for at a later time, so we'd cancel the Fastpass and go with the line instead, and sign up for a different ride with Fastpass.

It's all very high tech now! LOL