TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through July 20, 2018

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: General Discussions: The only Dumb question is the one not asked (Q&A): ARCHIVES: Archive through July 20, 2018 users admin

Mack

07-22-2002

Monday, May 14, 2018 - 6:17 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mack a private message Print Post    
Over the years they’ve done everything from dumping them in the ocean to crushing them to recycling. More often now them crush them and recycle the metals, plastics, etc.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Wednesday, May 23, 2018 - 3:33 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
New Q: I am growing my hair out, it is driving me crazy so I was thinking if I got some of those foam rollers (the ones I had probably 50 years ago) I could easily curl it to stay out of my way until I get it the length I want.

Then I figured, things have changed so maybe there is something better.....

So I am asking, any recommendations for curlers? I want something I can just stick in my hair and ignore.

I am currently sitting with my hair finger rolled and held in place by bobby pins.My hair is fine and has no body anymore, LOL.

Grooch

06-16-2006

Wednesday, May 23, 2018 - 3:58 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Grooch a private message Print Post    
Uh! Oh! Someone pull down the shades and somebody else distract Juju so she doesn't get banned. (Again)

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Wednesday, May 23, 2018 - 11:20 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    
Hey!!!

<sneaks back in>

I don't use curlers but I have seen them in stores, even Dollartree, I think. I bet you could go to Sally Hansen, and the little girls there would tell you what to do.

And then also I had a hairdresser recommend Schwarkopf Amino-Q styling gel, and I really like it. She said mix a few drops of some kind of oil or conditioner into the dollop you put on your hair. I use about 6 drops of Argan Oil in my dollop and then smoosh my hands together, then smoosh them into my still wet hair, and then style with a round brush and let air dry (which will be quick). And then instead of brushing the hair, I use a hair pick to separate the strands, and voila, fluffy hair.

Hey!!! Who deleted the Hair Thread? It has always been one of my favorites.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Thursday, May 24, 2018 - 1:03 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Dipo, search the Shark Tank site.. There was something. But maybe for longer hait...

Dipo

04-23-2002

Friday, June 08, 2018 - 8:50 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
New Q: So I am thinking about changing my tracfone but I don't know how to compare mine to the one I am considering.

I have a LG L62V Android 4GLT. I am considering a
LG Rebel 3 5" 16GB Android TracFone. Is the rebel better than first one?

My current phone is taking longer and longer to charge so I am thinking the upgrade might be a good idea.

What do you think?

Dipo

04-23-2002

Friday, June 08, 2018 - 8:52 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Oh and by the way I chatted with my hairdresser and she said Velcro rollers are the way to go.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Friday, June 08, 2018 - 9:13 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
This site might be of interest.

https://tracfonereviewer.blogspot.com

Dipo

04-23-2002

Saturday, June 09, 2018 - 10:22 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Thanks, I read up on it and after seeing that I had plugged in my cell to charge last night and this morning it is still not fully charged I went ahead and got the new phone. It's only $59.95 with 1200 minutes from HSN, so what could it hurt, LOL.

Dogdoc

09-29-2001

Saturday, June 09, 2018 - 11:39 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dogdoc a private message Print Post    
Dipo, did you turn the old phone off before you charged it?

My TracFone just takes a couple of hours to charge.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Saturday, June 09, 2018 - 1:11 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Dogdoc, nope I never have turned it off when I charge. I have noticed it taking longer. Sometimes it goes quickly and other times I have to unplug the charger and start again to get it to move on the charging.

It never used to take very long that is why I have noticed it recently.

Dogdoc

09-29-2001

Saturday, June 09, 2018 - 1:14 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dogdoc a private message Print Post    
I thought I read somewhere that the phone should be off when charging.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Saturday, June 09, 2018 - 6:18 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Hmmm, maybe someone will come along and educate us, LOL.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Saturday, June 09, 2018 - 10:44 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
There's no reason to turn modern phones off when charging. They'll fill more slowly if you are using them at the time but it makes no difference to the quality of the charge.

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Saturday, June 09, 2018 - 11:13 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
I believe Kitt is correct. I usually turn it off when charging because it is faster that way, but it doesn't matter otherwise.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Friday, June 22, 2018 - 6:06 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
New Q: Watching Sex in the City reruns, is it really that much cooler in the Hamptons than the city? Is it like the difference between SF and Walnut Creek, about 20 degrees?

Just curious.

Grooch

06-16-2006

Monday, July 16, 2018 - 9:40 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Grooch a private message Print Post    
Yes, because of the cold ocean and the cool ocean breezes.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Monday, July 16, 2018 - 1:26 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Thanks Grooch, I always thought that the ocean there was warm, so knowing it is cold makes more sense to me.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Friday, July 20, 2018 - 12:49 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
NEW Q/Opinion: So I have been trying to decide whether to let my savings balance drop on my account which would then mean I get an $8 service charge on my checking. I think I may be losing more money by having $2000 sit at .01% interest than the monthly charge.

I do have a higher interest rate savings elsewhere that I transfer dollars when needed.

Any thoughts?

Treasure

06-26-2002

Friday, July 20, 2018 - 12:58 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Treasure a private message Print Post    
Dipo, I am not very good at understanding interest rates and financial manipulations, etc. But I would think that even a .01% gain is better than an $8.00 charge.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Friday, July 20, 2018 - 2:09 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Well I earned a whopping .04 cents last month. So the $8 isn't looking so bad, LOL.

Treasure

06-26-2002

Friday, July 20, 2018 - 4:05 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Treasure a private message Print Post    
But even gaining only .o4 cents for the month is better than paying back and thus losing $8 dollars a month.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Friday, July 20, 2018 - 4:35 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Yes but I was thinking I could keep a minimal amount of money there and put $1300 into an account that would earn .9%.

Treasure

06-26-2002

Friday, July 20, 2018 - 6:26 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Treasure a private message Print Post    
Well, that gets to where I wouldn't be able to figure out which would be better. Does .9% equal or is it more money than the $8 dollars you would be paying for the smaller account?

Kitt

09-05-2000

Friday, July 20, 2018 - 6:37 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
$1300 at 0.9% per year = $11.70 interest on the moved money

$8 fee per month per year = $96 fees per year

Net loss on moving the money = $84.30