TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through July 21, 2018

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: General Discussions: Free Expression...: Daily Poll: ARCHIVES: Archive through July 21, 2018 users admin

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Saturday, May 26, 2018 - 5:51 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
Lol Sugar!!!!! Sounds like a fun time at your house. 🌞

Teachmichigan

07-22-2001

Tuesday, May 29, 2018 - 7:03 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Teachmichigan a private message Print Post    
2 dogs (a Border Collie and a toy-sized Aussie)
1 cat (reformed barn cat who still likes to hunt but also likes the comfort of an indoor chair)

Lancecrossfire
Animoderator

07-13-2000

Friday, June 01, 2018 - 6:21 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lancecrossfire a private message Print Post    
1 dog (lab/setter mix) and 1 cat (long hair mixed) in the apartment. Dog was originally one I was fostering. The cat adopted me.
dog--11 years old
cat--at least 15 years old

Dogdoc

09-29-2001

Friday, July 13, 2018 - 12:26 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dogdoc a private message Print Post    
New Question

When you go out to a restaurant and expect to bring left-overs home, do you take your own reusable containers to save the environment?

Dogdoc

09-29-2001

Friday, July 13, 2018 - 12:27 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dogdoc a private message Print Post    
I do. The restaurants appreciate it.

Grooch

06-16-2006

Friday, July 13, 2018 - 12:59 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Grooch a private message Print Post    
No. Because I expect to eat it all.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Friday, July 13, 2018 - 1:55 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
No. They have the containers and I don't

You can buy take home containers (biodegradable) at Smart & Final. I found that out a few years ago when a friend wanted to have her family and friends over for Thanksgiving but she wouldn't have been up to doing dishes. I found the containers along with nice heavy paper plates that were also biodegraable.

The take home containers were a big hit as all the guests could load them with whatever they were going to take home from the leftovers. And they also enjoyed having fewer things to wash.

But the idea has merit. I cvertainly do bring my reusable bags when I shop.

Sugar

08-15-2000

Friday, July 13, 2018 - 2:23 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sugar a private message Print Post    
I do not but have often thought I should.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Friday, July 13, 2018 - 2:29 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Nope, but I usually bring a bag to carry the containers in so that they don't have to give me a plastic bag.

Dogdoc

09-29-2001

Friday, July 13, 2018 - 3:58 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dogdoc a private message Print Post    
I take containers and a plastic bag with me, but I often forget the bag for some reason.

I hate when food is put in Styrofoam. It is in the environment for ever.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Friday, July 13, 2018 - 4:34 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I don't see much styrofoam here, but sometimes. I don't eat out that much but I do get batches of pulled pork sliders and that place uses heavy paper clamshells. They also have aluminum pans but I let them know I'd rather have two clamshells than a big aluminum pan with cover due to my small fridge.

And the clamshells are perforated so you can tear on the line and nest the top and bottom to take up less room.

I also often ask for a smaller container as opposed to larger and turn down a bag except with the sliders. They put them in a paper bag with handles that I then use to collect scoopings from the cat litter box and the handle is perfect for getting the bag to the dumpster. I do like reusing stuff.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Friday, July 13, 2018 - 7:35 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
No, I rarely go out to eat and if I do I tend to eat it all .

Naja

06-28-2003

Friday, July 13, 2018 - 7:57 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
It's been well over a year since we have been out to eat in a sit-down restaurant (DH tube feeds because the cancer and treatments ruined his epiglottis), but I don't think I ever brought anything home.

Firebird05

08-24-2001

Friday, July 13, 2018 - 9:34 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Firebird05 a private message Print Post    
Nope but then more often then not I ask for a container but then forget and leave them behind.

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Friday, July 13, 2018 - 10:01 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
Great idea! While I have a ton of cloth bags, and use them often, it NEVER occured to me to bring my own containers.

Wargod

07-16-2001

Friday, July 13, 2018 - 11:08 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Wargod a private message Print Post    
No, hadn't thought about bringing my own container, though we don't go out to eat very often. In fact, the last time was either April or May and we went to a sub shop and the left overs came home in the paper wrapping they'd been served in.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Saturday, July 14, 2018 - 10:23 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
One thing I do: If I eat out with plans to bring part of something home, like a meatball sandwich, I will have them wrap it to go and not use a plate they would have to wash after they wrap the leftover half of the sandwich.

Saves time and a dirty plate. This is obviously not a fine dining place but a local Italian restaurant. They wrap in paper and foil.

Teachmichigan

07-22-2001

Monday, July 16, 2018 - 6:22 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Teachmichigan a private message Print Post    
I have never even thought about it. Most times we are going somewhere where there won't be leftovers (sushi or tacos), but I will try to remember this idea for the next time we do a fancy dinner where there might be leftovers.

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Monday, July 16, 2018 - 6:40 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
I don't usually get left overs because I eat at seafood restaurants and they don't give large portions any more.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Friday, July 20, 2018 - 10:58 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Well I ate out today at claimjumper and bummer, they still use Styrofoam containers for take home food.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Saturday, July 21, 2018 - 9:56 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
I've never considered bringing my own containers. I usually eat everything.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Saturday, July 21, 2018 - 9:59 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
New Question: Is there a fairly common word (or words) that you have trouble spelling? I'll tell you mine if you tell me yours.

One word I seem to have trouble with is "relevant". Thank goodness for spell check!

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Saturday, July 21, 2018 - 10:05 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
dilemma
desparate, I mean desperate.

:-)

Dogdoc

09-29-2001

Saturday, July 21, 2018 - 10:49 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dogdoc a private message Print Post    
prescribe and prescription

Naja

06-28-2003

Saturday, July 21, 2018 - 11:22 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
spaghetti