TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through May 28, 2018

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: General Discussions: Free Expression...: Silly little gripes: Archive through May 28, 2018 users admin

Rosie

11-12-2003

Thursday, September 21, 2017 - 5:29 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rosie a private message Print Post    
someone tried to purchase over 700 at bloomingdales and purchase amtrak trip

credit card company froze both purchases and contacted me

Lyn

08-06-2002

Friday, September 22, 2017 - 2:25 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lyn a private message Print Post    
Signed up for my bank's credit card yesterday. If their service is better than CapitalOne, I will be chucking the problem card asap

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Friday, January 12, 2018 - 12:12 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
My gripe for the day: People that think that full time employees of nonprofits should not get paid. Because they are "nonprofits."

And of course, only wealthy people should work for nonprofits.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Friday, January 12, 2018 - 1:20 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
What idiot thought that up!

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Friday, January 12, 2018 - 2:13 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
That's ridiculous.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Friday, January 12, 2018 - 2:35 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Some odd person on Facebook, who started bashing our local Meals on Wheels because they pay their Executive Director. And it's a pittance of a salary too.

Firebird05

08-24-2001

Friday, January 12, 2018 - 3:30 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Firebird05 a private message Print Post    
My oldest DD worked for Bread for the World in DC.
They had to work hard for funding and once the Republicans gained control, they withdrew all funding.

One Congress man makes five times more than anyone in that nonprofit.
They only people they don’t mind paying is themselves and the corporations that own them.

Dogdoc

09-29-2001

Friday, April 13, 2018 - 7:57 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dogdoc a private message Print Post    
Just got a phone call: A young man's sad voice says "Hi gramma, how are you doing?"

I hate these grandparent scams, even though I am not even a grandparent.

At least hanging up is easy.

Rosie

11-12-2003

Friday, April 13, 2018 - 12:38 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rosie a private message Print Post    
If you get another call like that, Dogdoc, ask them why they just didn't send a message. I doubt that many grands actually telephone anymore. lol

Rosie

11-12-2003

Friday, April 13, 2018 - 12:40 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rosie a private message Print Post    
oh and i am glad that my grocery order was finally completed. Had to go get an avocado tostada.

2nd oh, my cat is shedding.

Dogdoc

09-29-2001

Friday, April 13, 2018 - 12:40 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dogdoc a private message Print Post    
I think you are right Rosie.

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Thursday, April 26, 2018 - 10:37 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
ha ha, was going to complain that over a 2.8 million dollars was going to repair a local bridge, until I read up on it, it is a main street that will be closed for a year and a big inconvenience to me and others.it is a small bridge maybe a 100 feet, over a brook that becomes a raging river in the rain
but then I read that it was built in 1896 and was just paved over in the 40's, it has a weight limit because it was built so long ago, long before tractor trailers, but apparently trucks ignore the weight limits. And apparently some stones have fallen out recently.
I understand now. don;'t want it to collapse, that would be worse. But a year, too long.

Naja

06-28-2003

Wednesday, May 02, 2018 - 5:04 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
I bought these remote control led candles for the ledge in my living room. I find out today I can't use them in my living room. The remote volume buttons for my TV turn the candles on! Arggggg.....

Grooch

06-16-2006

Wednesday, May 02, 2018 - 5:38 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Grooch a private message Print Post    
To funny!

Sorry, though. :-)

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Wednesday, May 02, 2018 - 6:56 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Naja, my parents had a tv that would switch channels when their dog wood shake and clink his tags together!

Naja

06-28-2003

Wednesday, May 02, 2018 - 7:01 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
haha, that's pretty funny :-)

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Wednesday, May 02, 2018 - 7:06 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
It took us awhile to connect the two..

Dipo

04-23-2002

Wednesday, May 02, 2018 - 10:55 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
There is something in my neighborhood that makes my doorbell ring, scares the cats.

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Wednesday, May 02, 2018 - 11:47 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
I have heard about garage doors opening due to random signals,
I think we now suffer from sub wave pollution. I have remotes for my fans heaters and air conditioners as well as TV (two actually Verizon does not recognize my TV and volume is only on the TV remote) and radio and remote mouse for my computer.
I wonder sometimes if these waves scramble our brains.

Naja

06-28-2003

Thursday, May 03, 2018 - 10:23 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
I just got off the phone with my mom and I told her about my candles, and she said her garage door opener turns on one of the bedroom lamps. LOL

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Thursday, May 03, 2018 - 11:36 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
That lamp trick could be useful in a lamp at the entrance if you come home after dark.

Or if could alert you if someone replicates your garage door code and opens the garage.

Rosie

11-12-2003

Sunday, May 27, 2018 - 7:52 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rosie a private message Print Post    
The electric company notified the neighborhood that we would be without power from 9 to 6.

Got everything prepared and shut down before 9.

The only thing that was off, for a very short amount of time, was the water.

Strange stuff.

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Sunday, May 27, 2018 - 11:21 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    
That happens all the time at the condo we rent in South Padre Island, TX, in the winter. Aggravating.

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Monday, May 28, 2018 - 6:18 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
Aggravating? Friday. At app. 10:00 a.m. -- BOOM! Gunshot? (I am in the Chicago 'burbs.) No, transformer blew. Electric came back on at 6:13 p.m.

Rosie

11-12-2003

Monday, May 28, 2018 - 9:51 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rosie a private message Print Post    
losing power without warning is definitely NOT good.

I had set the fridge on the coolest setting the day before in preparation for losing the power.

This morning I pulled out a boiled egg to peel and it was FROZEN. lol