TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
WASHERS & DRYERS

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: General Discussions: tack Buyers Banter: WASHERS & DRYERS users admin

Thread Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post
Archive through June 13, 2018Dogdoc25 06-13-18  10:17 am
  ClosedClosed: New threads not accepted on this page        

Roxip

01-29-2004

Wednesday, June 13, 2018 - 10:31 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
I've been tempted by "My Pillow" - and thought about buying one for my 91-year old father. What are your thoughts on My Pillow Dogdoc?

Snoopsmom

02-19-2003

Wednesday, June 13, 2018 - 11:30 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Snoopsmom a private message Print Post    
Roxip, I'm on my second set of "My Pillow" and love them. Very comfortable. Had the first set for about 10 years and only upgraded because they are now available in a variety of firmness.
Between the My Pillow and Sleep Number bed I sleep well, though not long enough.

Dogdoc

09-29-2001

Wednesday, June 13, 2018 - 1:12 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dogdoc a private message Print Post    
I used my first "My Pillow" all the time. It wore out before 10 years.

I am on my second one. It does retain its shape as you sleep.

I will get another one when this one wears out.

Kitkat

08-23-2008

Thursday, June 14, 2018 - 10:45 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitkat a private message Print Post    
I will gladly give away "My pillow", after developing a very stiff neck. Have gone back to my old pillow for side sleepers.

Dogdoc

09-29-2001

Thursday, June 14, 2018 - 11:18 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dogdoc a private message Print Post    
Sometimes a stiff neck is not caused by a pillow.

I have found that when I start to fall asleep, I want to make sure my whole body is relaxed, especially the neck and shoulders.

If your body is tense, no kind of pillow can help.

Jeep

10-17-2001

Monday, June 18, 2018 - 12:32 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jeep a private message Print Post    
Found a top load washer I like! It's a Speed Queen. Remember that name? I haven't heard it in years. Still made in the US. A bit pricey but comes with a 3,5 or 7 year warranty depending upon the model you purchase. And still has the agitator I love and not so deep I can't reach the bottom!

Still looking, but keeping my eye on this one.

Scooterrific

07-08-2005

Monday, June 18, 2018 - 2:13 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Scooterrific a private message Print Post    
Sorry Jeep... I was on vacation....we got Kenmore Elite....Love it....I no longer have to take the comforters to the laundromat!!!

Snoopsmom

02-19-2003

Monday, June 18, 2018 - 2:44 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Snoopsmom a private message Print Post    
Speed Queen is a great washer! That's what most commercial laundromats use.
When the front loader I mentioned above started acting up, before we had it looked at my husband picked up an ancient Speed Queen at a used appliance store for $40. We ended up getting over 2 years out of that old machine. When we finally decided on a new top loader I went and looked at Speed Queens, but they didn't make a machine big enough for a king sized comforter. Had they made one big enough, that's what I would have ended up with.

Jeep

10-17-2001

Monday, July 02, 2018 - 6:03 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jeep a private message Print Post    
Finally got my Speed Queen washer & dryer and washed clothes all weekend! Takes some getting used to since my old ones were soooo old! Things have advanced a lot since then.

I like all the options it gives me and my clothes look just as nice as they did out of the old washer. It's weird not hearing the agitator working. It's more of a swish-swish-swish now.

So far I would say I am very pleased with them. Hopefully they will last me 20 years like my others did.

Thanks for all the info. It's a great help to hear everyone's experience with different brands. Now I'm off to check out Dogdoc's "My Pillow"!!

Mack

07-22-2002

Monday, July 02, 2018 - 7:55 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mack a private message Print Post    
Glad you were able to get your Speed Queen. I recognize the brand name mostly from when I was in college or in an apartment without laundry facilities and had to go to a laundromat. You saying you found a retailer got me thinking that I couldn’t remember seeing Speed Queen at Home Depot, Best Buy, etc. A check of the Speed Queen website shows that the closest Speed Queen retailer is indeed a relatively small appliance store some 20 miles from my house. Not available at any of the bigger appliance stores.

Sugar

08-15-2000

Wednesday, November 27, 2019 - 9:43 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sugar a private message Print Post    
Bummer, our washing machine has died and it wasn't very old. I've had washers for many years in the past.

I despise current washing machines, low/no water, no agitator and it takes a long time for wash cycles. I want the washers of yesteryear where I control the water level, the time a cycle runs...
Hubby and I had a "discussion" as I adamantly refuse to get a front loading machine. His research says they are the best, yadda, yadda, yadda, blah, blah, blah.

I also dislike shopping, especially on the Friday after Thanksgiving but a washer shopping we must go...

Anybody have a great top loader suggestion?
Thank you.

Mack

07-22-2002

Thursday, November 28, 2019 - 7:10 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mack a private message Print Post    
True top loading washing machines are getting harder and harder to find. There are top loaders out there but most of them are high efficiency models that more or less work the same way as front loaders.

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Thursday, November 28, 2019 - 8:01 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
Shop washers on-line? Abt is a very well known B&M store in the Chicago area with a very good reputation. They sell nation-wide. My microwave came from there and was installed by them. My TV, TiVo, etc. were from Abt. Bought them by phone. I've never been to the store. I'm in the Chicago area.

Top Loaders

Sugar

08-15-2000

Saturday, November 30, 2019 - 9:08 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sugar a private message Print Post    
Purchased a Maytag. Will be delivered next week. May need to do a run to the laundromat before it arrives but such is life.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Register Now
Password:
Options: Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: