TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through May 14, 2018

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: General Discussions: The only Dumb question is the one not asked (Q&A): ARCHIVES: Archive through May 14, 2018 users admin

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Tuesday, March 20, 2018 - 2:16 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
I think that thank you notes or a call or some form of communication is nice, but with grieving people that is the last thing that I'd be concerned about receiving.

Rosie

11-12-2003

Tuesday, March 20, 2018 - 2:24 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rosie a private message Print Post    
a few from out of state have sent me a photo of the arrangement, along with the thank you notes.

i took photos of the arrangements sent for my father and my mother seemed to appreciate seeing the photos.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Tuesday, March 20, 2018 - 2:41 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
Wow, I must not have saved! I do think thank you notes are appropriate for people who send flowers, bring food, etc. I don't think they are necessarily expected.

When my mother died my niece and I sat down and wrote the thank you notes after we got home from the funeral. It was cathartic knowing how much my mom was loved and what nice friends she had. I still have some of the plants that were sent, and today I had to send an arrangement for the husband of one of the women who sent flowers to my mom's service. Do I care whether I get a thank you note - no, but I expect I will.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Tuesday, March 20, 2018 - 5:02 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Yep, I sent thank you notes for the flowers, etc for my Mom's funeral, I thought it was dictated by Ms. Manners.

And yes, I didn't care if I got a thank you note for a funeral, weddings and showers yes..

Pamy

01-01-2002

Tuesday, March 20, 2018 - 7:04 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
I have taught Dylan to send thank you cards. You never know how much someone appreciates it. Yes, the youngins dont send cards like we did but I hope Dylan continues to send handwritten cards long after I am gone.

Texannie

07-15-2001

Tuesday, March 20, 2018 - 7:33 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texannie a private message Print Post    
When my mom died, the idea of writing thank you notes was just unbearable, but then I remembered the people who chose to honor my mom with gifts deserved to be acknowledged and my mom would have wanted me to.
So I did. They weren’t wordy, just simple. “thank you for remembering my mom”

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Tuesday, March 20, 2018 - 9:02 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I never demand or expect a thank you, but have gotten a couple from younger people that were very sweet.

When my mom and dad died, we did send thank yous for donations to Better Breathers, a group that had helped them so much (mom had copd/emphysema).

My parents had arranged to have their ashes go out to sea and did not want services or flowers.

I sent their Christmas cards early to those people, relatives and really long term friends, and included pictures and their knits and tributes I had written.

I got lovely calls and letters.

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Tuesday, March 20, 2018 - 11:17 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    

quote:

When my mom died, the idea of writing thank you notes was just unbearable, but then I remembered the people who chose to honor my mom with gifts deserved to be acknowledged and my mom would have wanted me to.
So I did. They weren’t wordy, just simple. “thank you for remembering my mom”

This is exactly correct. Texannie does not know it, but I have never known anybody to be more grief-stricken than she was when her Mom died. I was truly, truly worried that she was not going to make it. But she did, and remains a strong and sensible woman to this day.

Always take Texannie's advice. She is one of the sanest people I have ever met, although she may not see that she is seen that way by others.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Saturday, April 28, 2018 - 2:49 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
NewQ: So what are face masks actually supposed to do for your face? I am curious.

Ophiliasgrandma

09-04-2001

Sunday, April 29, 2018 - 5:34 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ophiliasgrandma a private message Print Post    
Not much for your face but the manufacturers are getting richer and richer.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Sunday, April 29, 2018 - 10:59 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
LOL, I wondered about that.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Sunday, April 29, 2018 - 3:01 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
they are usually temporary to take away fine lines and eye bags...i have tried 3 brands and the best is hydrogel eye mask by Musely. the effect lasted a few days.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Sunday, April 29, 2018 - 3:32 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Good to know thank you! I read some interesting stuff on google but wondered what results people here had experienced.

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Sunday, April 29, 2018 - 9:37 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    
Oh! That reminds me I ordered and received some of those gold undereye things the Celebrity BB people were wearing. I'm not sure they do anything, but they look really avant garde while I have them on, LOL. I think I'll go slap a couple on. No, they do not irritate my skin.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Sunday, April 29, 2018 - 9:40 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    

Dipo

04-23-2002

Monday, April 30, 2018 - 9:22 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
I like my eye things Juju; I saw a tweet and Brandi was wearing one of those see thru masks so I wondered if they really did anything.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Monday, April 30, 2018 - 7:46 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
Juju, I bet you look fabulous!

Texannie

07-15-2001

Tuesday, May 01, 2018 - 1:22 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texannie a private message Print Post    
Juju, somehow I missed your March 20th post. I never realized you were so concerned about me. Thank you.
And I can’t wait to hear about the eye patches! I have friends swear by some of the sheet masks, but I can’t remember what brand.LOL

Dogdoc

09-29-2001

Wednesday, May 02, 2018 - 12:19 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dogdoc a private message Print Post    
Does anybody use an electric lawn mower?

My yard is small, 20' X 30'

I want to get an electric mower but it has to be small.

I looked up one that I can get from Amazon for $88.00 Sun Joe MJ401E mower.

Has anybody had experience with this machine.

Thank you in advance.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Wednesday, May 02, 2018 - 2:34 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
I looked on Amazon and it seems like this machine gets much better reviews and is only a little bit more expensive ($10). The mower you listed above had 10% really negative reviews.

I'm kind of thinking about getting a mower to get the places where my yard guy doesn't so I am glad you posted this so it made me go look!

Earthwise 50214 14-Inch 8-Amp Side Discharge/Mulching Corded Electric Lawn Mower

by Earthwise

$98.26 $ 98 26
Prime

Grooch

06-16-2006

Wednesday, May 02, 2018 - 2:39 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Grooch a private message Print Post    
I never had an electric mower, but a long time ago I considered getting one. The only reason I didn't was because I read that you can't let the grass get to tall, so you have to mow more often. I was living in Florida at the time and the grass just grew to quick down there. That was a long time ago, maybe things have changed with them.

Dogdoc

09-29-2001

Wednesday, May 02, 2018 - 3:05 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dogdoc a private message Print Post    
Thank you Roxip and Grooch.

Roxip, I will look up the one you mentioned. I want a small one.

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Wednesday, May 02, 2018 - 9:05 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    
Good idea not getting the electric mower in Florida, Grooch. Florida also has different grass from what will grow in other climates. The one that grows really well is Bahia grass, and it is that real coarse one, probably not a good candidate for a small electric mower. It took us YEARS to figure out Florida grass, LOL.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Thursday, May 03, 2018 - 7:17 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
I also saw a string trimmer/mower on Amazon that I'm going to check out. I have a small part of my yard where most of my flowers are (outside my back door) that for some reason my guy doesn't usually get and I wouldn't mind getting it really groomed but I have let my yard equipment fall into disrepair. Of course I could lean on my yard guy but I don't pay him much - and he's worth about what I pay him...LOL!

Dipo

04-23-2002

Monday, May 14, 2018 - 5:36 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Just saw a story about gun buybacks....How do you recycle a gun? Does that mean they take it apart and use the parts for repairs or do they clean it up and sell it to someone else.

I found it confusing that they would either recycle or destroy. I thought they always just destroyed.