TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Roomba Vacuuming

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: General Discussions: tack Buyers Banter: Roomba Vacuuming users admin

Thread Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post
Archive through May 28, 2018Zeyna25 05-28-18  6:23 pm
  ClosedClosed: New threads not accepted on this page        

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Monday, May 28, 2018 - 6:44 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
Thanks Kar but that site only delivers in the USA. Also silly me, I thought it was like a Roomba but clearly it's not. If my regular vac dies I will look into it. :-)

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Monday, May 28, 2018 - 7:12 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Oh Mameblanche, it's the Dyson that others were talking about. Sorry!

They have them on Amazon for just slightly more with free shipping if you have Prime.

Strategist

07-01-2014

Monday, May 28, 2018 - 7:59 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Strategist a private message Print Post    
Mameblanche, I can't help you with the pricing because I got mine with Air Miles points.

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Tuesday, May 29, 2018 - 6:35 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
I thought the Dyson was like the Roomba but better w pet hair so I was interested until l saw the photo. I absolutely will look into the Dyson if my vac ever dies.

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Tuesday, May 29, 2018 - 7:39 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
Well I've got a bid on the Dyson on EBay. I'm pretty certain I'll be outbid bc I only offered $200, no where near retail price. I don't mind using eBay if it's a good deal but if I can get it from Bed bath beyond or Walmart for near the same price, I'd rather use a box store.

Strategist

07-01-2014

Tuesday, May 29, 2018 - 7:47 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Strategist a private message Print Post    
I hope you get it, Lakecat. I think you'll really like it.

Biloxibelle

12-21-2001

Tuesday, May 29, 2018 - 8:01 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Biloxibelle a private message Print Post    
The other day a woman in front of me at Bed, Bath and Beyond was buying a Dyson 8. It was 100.00 off and she had some kind of coupon on her phone. With her coupon,plus a few smaller items her total with tax was lower than the sale price.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Tuesday, May 29, 2018 - 1:18 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
I really liked my roomba but one time my sister turned it on and didn't know to pick up the cat food and it rolled right over it, hahahaha, it was wet food. We had to grab, clean it and the floors.

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Tuesday, May 29, 2018 - 5:39 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
Decided to get out my roomba after this thread and have been charging it all day...nada. I wonder what's wrong with it?
Dipo that would be a typical scenario at my house. Wet food or dog poop.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Tuesday, May 29, 2018 - 5:48 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
If they ahve been stored for a long time without recharging the batteries can go bad. I'm guessing that's probably what's wrong with yours.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Tuesday, May 29, 2018 - 6:17 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Lakecat I had to get rid of mine it wouldn't charge. I kept getting an error message so I looked on google and did what it said.

Apparently when you put it away for a while you are supposed to remove the battery, I don't recall ever seeing that before. But my battery had sort of corroded at the points where it was supposed to connect.

I had to send it off to recycle heaven.

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Tuesday, May 29, 2018 - 7:01 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
I probably haven't used it in 4 months or so. Is that too long?

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Tuesday, May 29, 2018 - 7:14 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Four months isn't too long, but 6 months without recharging is. Also depends on the household temp. If you're going to store for a period, take the battery out, and put it in a cold place.

For now, make sure all the contact points are really clean, you can even use a bit of steel wool on them.

Also, you can try resetting it. Take the battery out, press and hold the power button for ten seconds, and try charging it again.

Let me know if any of that works.

Also, you can call them. They have great customer phone service!

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Tuesday, May 29, 2018 - 7:15 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
I'm googling and I still don't get it. The green light is on and it's flashing a yellow " clean" light.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Tuesday, May 29, 2018 - 7:33 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Can you press the clean button and see if it gives you an error message?

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Tuesday, May 29, 2018 - 7:51 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
Nothing happened but I just heard her in the other room say error and something and there's now no light on but it still won't run.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Tuesday, May 29, 2018 - 7:55 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
I'd try the two things I suggested above. Reset, clean the contacts and try recharging.

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Saturday, June 09, 2018 - 12:43 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
With mine it is that the vacuum is full. I should run it more often, I never run it when I am not home or I would be looking under furniture all the time. I have to empty it a few times when running.

you don't have to throw it out when the batteries run down,. you just have to get ne batteries. there there are youtubes that tell you how to build your own batteries so you don't have to pay the outrageous fees for new ones.

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Tuesday, June 12, 2018 - 6:04 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
We did reset and it runs for about a minute. I guess I could order a new battery, if that doesn't work, I hope the battery can be returned. I did order the Dyson v10 from QVC. It's not the animal but called something else V10 something. It's their strongest cordless. Gets delivered sometime this week.

Grooch

06-16-2006

Tuesday, June 12, 2018 - 6:55 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Grooch a private message Print Post    
I saw a Dyson at a yard sale this weekend for $25. I almost bought it because I know it sucks up great. The only problem is that it's the same one my brother has and it's so heavy I can hurt my back trying to drag it around. That's what I told the lady and she agreed. She said that's why she's getting rid of it. She bought a newer, lighter version Dyson. But I was so tempted.

Lakecat, I hope you're happy with yours. :-)

Strategist

07-01-2014

Tuesday, June 12, 2018 - 8:34 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Strategist a private message Print Post    
Lakecat, do tell us about the V10. I'm sure you are going to love it. I love my V8 and will definitely get a V10 if it ever conks out and you give it a good review.

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Wednesday, June 13, 2018 - 3:53 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
I don't know which Roomba you have but this might help
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sJcWKQcR4bY

https://www.google.com/search?q=roomba+battery+replacement&source=lnms&tbm=shop&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjziO2y3dHbAhUHoYMKHfTUDlIQ_AUICigB&biw=1181&bih=920

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Register Now
Password:
Options: Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: