TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through April 21, 2018

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: General Discussions: The "I don't know what thread to put this in" thread...: ARCHIVES: Archive through April 21, 2018 users admin

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Thursday, March 29, 2018 - 9:48 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
LOL, Juju, you may be one of the few people that could pull that off...

Can't imagine in many neighborhoods, you could say, hey give me your keys and some cash and I'll go fill up your car for you. :-)

Naja

06-28-2003

Thursday, March 29, 2018 - 8:11 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Has anybody tried any of those "Red Copper" pans and specialty cooking appliances they advertise all night? Do you like it?

I ordered the big square pot/pan with the fry basket and steaming insert for about 50% off what they sell for at the website and tv and it should be here by Monday. I'm actually a little excited. LOL

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Thursday, March 29, 2018 - 11:07 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    
Hahahahaha, it never even occurred to me that somebody who might be disabled would NOT just give me their car and keys and money to go get them some gas. Two good gas stations, Costco and Fred Meyer grocery, are just a mile away. Okay, okay, I will let them come with me, and I will load them and their walker into their car.

Everybody seems to live in each other's pockets in my new community. ANY time any of us are out on the streets of the neighborhood, I just assume there are several sets of eyes watching our every move. There are a lot of community activities here, and we have a really nice clubhouse. We try to go to as many activities as possible while we are in town.

I probably won't get around to doing this, though, as we are still not fully unpacked from our Sept. 2016 move. The fact that we are barely ever here could be a contributing factor, of course.

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Friday, March 30, 2018 - 4:22 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
Naja, where did you order the "Red Copper" from? Phone number on TV? I'd be scared to give my info (credit card number, etc.) to "them". One time I checked Red Copper on Amazon. Something there wasn't to my liking. Don't remember what. I was in the Kitchen section of a local department store yesterday. Red Copper was being sold.

Specialty cooking appliances as part of Red Copper or separate from? I think air fryers started life advertised on TV. Their popularity is growing. I got one from Amazon last Monday. Many brand names I've never heard of. Every one has very good reviews on Amazon. I like it. Basically air fryers are convection ovens in various sizes.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Friday, March 30, 2018 - 7:01 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
I'm interested in how you like it Naja. I've had one in my wish list on Amazon since before Christmas (apparently nobody in my family wanted to buy it for me...LOL!).

Ophiliasgrandma

09-04-2001

Friday, March 30, 2018 - 8:13 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ophiliasgrandma a private message Print Post    
IS ANYONE ELSE'S FACEBOOK PAGE ALL MESSED UP? JUST ABOUT EVERYTHING AND EVERYBODY HAS DISAPPEARED.

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Friday, March 30, 2018 - 8:49 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
Og, mine looks same as usual.

Naja

06-28-2003

Friday, March 30, 2018 - 8:58 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Color, I ordered mine from eBay. The have them brand new and about half the price from tv and the website. Plus, the newer model came out where it has a double coating, so the original model is cheaper now.

And I meant any of the Red Copper appliances. They sell all kinds of fun things besides pots and pans.

And I sure will let you know how I like it, Roxip :-)

Dipo

04-23-2002

Friday, March 30, 2018 - 12:10 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
JuJu, do you guys have next door for your community? You could mention that you would be happy to help with errands. I see posts all the time for people who need help with all kinds of small jobs.

OG, I just checked and mine seems to be the same.

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Friday, March 30, 2018 - 10:46 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    
Dipo, I blather on about NextDoor ALL the time, ad nauseum. I would NEVER make a blanket offer to do things for free on NextDoor. If somebody requested help on there, I might respond individually, and have. I also do memorize the missing pets posted there since I walk the neighborhoods so much. A year or so ago I memorized the words and tune to The Ants Go Marching and taught them to Bigdog because somebody had a missing bird that came to that song. We sang the song a lot, but never found the bird.

Okay, we had a volunteer opportunity thrust upon us this morning. I had decided we would not walk at 7 this morning as it might be raining, and I didn't want to walk at the mall and had a late morning walking errand planned. So I was sleeping in at 7:30 when apparently a neighbor arrived needing help. Bigdog came in to tell me a woman couple doors down had rung the doorbell and had locked herself out of her house and needed to warm up, and he was going to make her some coffee. So I got up after a while and dressed and came into the kitchen to see the woman and Bigdog at our small kitchen table for two, the woman happily drinking (MY morning) coffee and chattering to beat the band. Dementia, although she did know where she lives, does have a husband, did know her husband's name and where he works. I immediately switched to detective mode and while letting her know that we were trying to get her back home, started researching the information she gave and making calls. Eventually the husband called us back, just as we were departing to try entering the woman's birth date on the garage lock. He told us where he hides the extra key, and we walked her home and got her into her house. It was kind of an ordeal. I may have to rethink this altruism stuff. Somewhere in there I suggested another neighbor might be awake and might know who has duplicate keys these days for all the homes. Bigdog called her, and she was the one who told us about the birth date lock and said to expect that the woman would lock herself out more frequently with the weather improving. She also gave the sage advice: "It takes a village." Play on words, since our complex is called Village at *******.

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Saturday, March 31, 2018 - 9:27 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
Goodness Juju you had quite a morning! I'm sure you're racking up those brownie points in heaven for all your good works. ♡ Certainly you are really going to enjoy that coffee when you finally get it today.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Saturday, March 31, 2018 - 10:12 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Good job Juju and BigDog!

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Sunday, April 01, 2018 - 9:30 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    
... and the rest of the story:

Bigdog and I walked somewhat later in the morning than usual today and were returning on different paths to see who would arrive first. I returned home via the city streets and dry pathways through the rear of our condo townhome complex. As I passed through the backs of our homes, I saw the wandering neighbor out on her back deck and hoped she had her key. She did not seem to see me. I got home first and looked out the front window to see the lost neighbor now out walking at the fronts of the homes, where Bigdog should be arriving shortly. I wondered how long he would be delayed with her. He showed right up at the front door shortly, and I asked him how he had skirted the neighbor. He said he asked her if she had her key with her, and she replied, "How do you know about that?" Oh.

We have next to NO experience with dementia.

I have a feeling I am going to know a lot more about geriatric behavior long before I need it myself if we stay here.

On the bright side, we seem to have ALL kinds of geriatric care facilities in our neighborhood, and the various institutions like to host cocktail parties for us in our clubhouse. We figure they are sizing up their future clientele. Hahahaha!!! On the up-side, apparently WA state is a leader in the nation on elder care, and they have nice progressive views on helping people to age in their homes. At the cocktail party we attended before we left for the winter, we had about five people who work in the spectrum of elder care make a presentation to us after we had scarfed down their free food. It was a trifle ghoulish, yet reassuring, to know that there were all these various stages of care just hovering out there waiting to help us for money, and that the very first of them were non-invasive services designed to keep us in our homes.

I would like to be about 92 before I need any of this, and I currently have us booked for mid-September on the National Geographic boat in the Galapagos Islands, an adventure tour for those still able to hike miles on varied but not real rugged terrain and still able top roll in and out of Zodiac boats daily onto either crude wooden docks or into the water at the beach.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Sunday, April 01, 2018 - 11:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
RN Fabulous trip!!!!

As for senior center event sponsors, they can even be mortuaries! 😵

Pamy

01-01-2002

Monday, April 02, 2018 - 12:09 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
RN Juju is the best!

Dogdoc

09-29-2001

Saturday, April 21, 2018 - 9:18 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dogdoc a private message Print Post    
Lol. I just read a Nextdoor post that made me laugh.

"Anybody got a mansion I can shoot a music video in."

If you lived in our neighborhood, you would laugh too.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Saturday, April 21, 2018 - 10:03 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
LOL, Doc!

Dipo

04-23-2002

Saturday, April 21, 2018 - 1:57 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
OMG, that is way too funny Dogdoc. I love Nextdoor you just never know what might come up. There are often some pretty interesting conversations.

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Saturday, April 21, 2018 - 3:22 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
Every time I want to post in News and Views or community corner it asked for me to log in. It doesn't ask that under any of the other topics, how can I fix that?

Dipo

04-23-2002

Saturday, April 21, 2018 - 3:36 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Weird, Lakecat...I have no clue, does your name and password show at the bottom of the post before you hit preview?

Rosie

11-12-2003

Saturday, April 21, 2018 - 3:56 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rosie a private message Print Post    

you need to save (click on it) your password while you are using the board.

you can click on delete password when you exit if you want

by checking on delete password when you exit means that you need to sign in when you access the board. but you should only need to sign in one time.

i think that will work for you - post if not

you need to be actually signed in to access news and views and community corner

Rosie

11-12-2003

Saturday, April 21, 2018 - 3:58 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rosie a private message Print Post    
or, someone will come along and tell us that i am wrong

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Saturday, April 21, 2018 - 4:10 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Lakecat, News and Views is a private area, available to TVCH members only.

Sometimes your cookie to that area can be corrupted. If so, you need to force the website to delete the old cookie and save a new one.

You can do this by manually deleting your TVCH cookies and resaving them, if you know how.

Or, you can do something like Rosie suggested.
Edit your profile.
Tell it NOT to save your user name and password.
The settings should look like this:

SAVE.
Exit TVCH.
Close your browser.
Open your browser.
Return to TVCH.
Go to your profile.
Now, check the box to save your cookie. The settings should look like this:

SAVE.

That will force your old (damaged) cookie to be replaced, and should fix the problem.

Rosie

11-12-2003

Saturday, April 21, 2018 - 4:14 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rosie a private message Print Post    
community corner and members folders are private also and you have to be signed in with your password to access those areas

oh and i use the new message feature

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Saturday, April 21, 2018 - 5:49 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
Ok I'll try that, if I can figure that out. I had to google what cookies meant. Lol. Thanks.
On my I phone I went to settings and it says I can click on never allow cookies, always allow cookies, allow cookies to websites I read etc. Will clicking on one of those choices help me at all ?