TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Microwave

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: General Discussions: tack Buyers Banter: Microwave users admin

Thread Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post
Archive through April 26, 2018Seamonkey25 04-26-18  11:36 pm
  ClosedClosed: New threads not accepted on this page        

Rosie

11-12-2003

Friday, April 27, 2018 - 5:25 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rosie a private message Print Post    
Yes Bill too. I was going to type his name this morning.

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Friday, April 27, 2018 - 7:51 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    
Yep, I remember Bill was there. He and I both went to grab a table, any table, while everybody else headed to the food. And we both pounced on the same table at the same time. We were both relieved to look up and see it was somebody in our own party claiming opposite ends of the same table. LOL.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Friday, April 27, 2018 - 9:32 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I remember that.

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Thursday, March 03, 2022 - 9:58 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
I'm back about microwaves. The microwave I bought (see above) is now app. 4 years old. For a while it's been messing up the finish on the doors at the bottom on the cabinet above it. It's an over-the-stove microwave (mw). Had the kitchen remodeled in '07. MW I got then and my current are the only over-the-stove mws I've had. (Previously only small countertop mws.). Knew nothing about them. In other words -- knew NOTHING about venting. The first one I got actually had vents on the front of it. Bought it cuz I liked it. No thought about venting. As I said the one I have now is messing up finish on cabinets above. Lately mostly on my own I've learned about venting. If you can't vent to the outside (I can't, I'm in a condo) they vent out the top where the door closes. Ooooh. So mw should be installed extending inch or so out from bottom of cabinets above. Have I got that right?

Should the so-called remodeler, the saleswoman who sold me first mw, or salesman and/or installer of second mw (ordered over phone / on-line) told me about venting? (The "remodeler" -- that's another story.) I thought over-the-stove mws were popular. Maybe not so much? I don't have counter space for a decent size mw now. Besides if mw wasn't above stove now, wall behind it . . . not so good.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Thursday, March 03, 2022 - 3:04 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
I always thought the microwave over the stove was a good idea as well but subsequently have realized I would never want it there again. I think the "decorators" convinced us. Now I think there should be a cabinet for the microwave if you can't put it on the countertop.

Naja

06-28-2003

Thursday, March 03, 2022 - 3:27 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
I've actually had a nightmare about the over the stove microwave. I dreamed that my niece was about 7 or 8, and she heated up a cup of something. When she opened the door to get it out, she stood on her tippy toes as she reached up for the cup and it dumped forward, and scalding hot liquid hit her in the face and chest. When I woke up, I realized that kind of thing could really happen.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Thursday, March 03, 2022 - 4:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
She I bought this place there was an over the stove microwave, so I used it. It died, I had it repaired, was expensive. Next time it died, I got a nice red microwave from Target. The other microwave is still there and the exhaust fan works.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Thursday, March 03, 2022 - 4:41 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Colord, I have an issue with mine too. The house settled, so the microwave cracked, and the front glass is dropping down. But I have to get another over the stove, or do a lot of repair to that wall, and clear off a lot of counter space. My air fryer is in the microwave counter space. And I love my air fryer.

Grooch

06-16-2006

Thursday, March 03, 2022 - 5:30 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Grooch a private message Print Post    
All I have to say about microwave buying is find out what the beeping sound is like when something is done cooking.

The "new" one I have, the beeper goes off every 10 seconds when its done until I open the door. Extremely, extremely annoying. Esp when there's people sleeping, you go to heat up a cup of cold coffee, you forget about that damn beeper and go off to pee. Argh!

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Thursday, March 03, 2022 - 5:57 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
lol... good thinking! Mine goes off once per minute, which is much more tolerable.

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Thursday, March 03, 2022 - 8:27 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
Karuuna, are you aware of venting of over-the-stove mws? Maybe because you're in a house you are? Do you have it exhaust to the outside or does it extend a little further out from the cabinets above?

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Thursday, March 03, 2022 - 9:13 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    
Grooch, there are probably settings where you can change the frequency of the DONE beeping.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Friday, March 04, 2022 - 8:09 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Colord, I have no idea if it's vented properly. But I will ask when I have it replaced.

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Wednesday, March 09, 2022 - 10:29 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
No rush now to get a microwave. One of these days . . . . I've never been in a Costco!! How is it for appliances, microwave in particular? Do they install?

A little disappointed in a big place in the Chicago area where I got current microwave. Usually good and reliable. Kinda blame salesman and installer.

If economy wasn't heading in wrong direction, also interested in new fridge. My previous died November '19. It had freezer drawer at the bottom. Absolutely love that.. Do not like freezer on top. More than that don't like fridge at the bottom. Because of covid, couldn't get bottom freezer drawer. No choice.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Wednesday, March 09, 2022 - 12:35 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
NextDoor is a good place to get recommendations.. here if someone asks who has the best pizza, tacos, veterinarian, any sort of doctor, handymen, appliances and the list goes on, there will be a ton of responses.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Register Now
Password:
Options: Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: