TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through April 13, 2018

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: General Discussions: Free Expression...: Daily Poll: ARCHIVES: Archive through April 13, 2018 users admin

Kitt

09-05-2000

Saturday, April 07, 2018 - 11:06 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Cadbury Dairy Milk. British version, not the Hershey equivalent, grrr.

Wargod

07-16-2001

Sunday, April 08, 2018 - 12:03 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Wargod a private message Print Post    
Caramel apple lollipops. The kids (that'd be mine and the nieces and nephews) know when they've done something to make me especially proud because that's the only time I share my lollipops with them.

Pippin04

10-26-2007

Sunday, April 08, 2018 - 12:32 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pippin04 a private message Print Post    
Charleston Chews, any flavour.

charleston chews

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Sunday, April 08, 2018 - 8:13 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    
Chewpito, I also like Smarties a lot.

Rosie

11-12-2003

Sunday, April 08, 2018 - 8:25 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rosie a private message Print Post    
necco wafers

Egbok

07-13-2000

Monday, April 09, 2018 - 12:20 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Egbok a private message Print Post    
PayDay

Sugar

08-15-2000

Monday, April 09, 2018 - 1:36 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sugar a private message Print Post    
Butterfinger
Caramel Milky Way
Heath Bars
I better stop before I want to go to the store.

I can go for months and months sans candy treats and then get on a bit of a sweet kick. It helped that I once worked for a company that sold candy and was aware of the ridiculous mark up at the store and refused to buy candy in a retail store or at a vending machine. We could get a very nice discount at work but I rarely used it.

Strawberry Twizzlers
Caramels
Dots

Naja

06-28-2003

Tuesday, April 10, 2018 - 1:07 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
I had remembered someone here said Necco Wafers were their favorite candy when I ran across this article today.

No One Likes Necco Wafers, but People Are Hoarding Them Anyway

Necco Wafers, those chalky, curiously flavored candies that kids have been throwing away on Halloween for years, are suddenly red hot as their manufacturer teeters on the edge of a shutdown.

Confectioner Necco has been warning customers it is struggling for some time now—and has said it might be forced to lay off most of its workforce if it can’t find a buyer. And that has seemingly spurred a rush on its namesake candy.

http://fortune.com/2018/04/10/necco-wafer-shutdown-hoarding/

Rieann

08-26-2006

Thursday, April 12, 2018 - 3:01 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rieann a private message Print Post    
Someone I follow on Twitter posed this question, so I thought I'd bring it here...

Name a critically acclaimed and universally beloved film that you cannot stand.

My answer is Titanic.

Uncle_ricky

07-02-2007

Thursday, April 12, 2018 - 3:16 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Uncle_ricky a private message Print Post    
Oh, that's easy: "It's A Wonderful Life" - James Stewart drives me crazy in practically everything and I'm not a fan of Christmas movies (or Christmas itself).

Wargod

07-16-2001

Thursday, April 12, 2018 - 3:33 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Wargod a private message Print Post    
Yep, easy...Wizard of Oz. The flying monkeys terrify me. I have nightmares about the damn flying monkeys. The only reason my kids have seen Wizard of Oz is because my sister loves it and has watched it with them, I refuse to watch it.

Dogdoc

09-29-2001

Thursday, April 12, 2018 - 5:47 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dogdoc a private message Print Post    
Fantasia (boring)

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Thursday, April 12, 2018 - 7:32 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
I'd say the most recent Star Wars movie, Star Wars: Episode VIII - The Last Jedi. I think Disney paid for the good reviews.

I just found it a huge disappointment. It didn't make sense, there were huge sub-plots that went nowhere, and I disliked what they did with the major characters (and the newer characters). Princess Leia flying through space. Seriously?

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Thursday, April 12, 2018 - 9:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    
Also very easy for me. Well, I guess I have 2 VERY easy ones, one very old, and another more recent group.

Recent: Lord of the Rings - There has never BEEN a more boring set of movies made.

Old: Easy Rider - that one was so boring, I walked out.

Naja

06-28-2003

Thursday, April 12, 2018 - 9:16 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
I didn't actually see this classic until sometime in the 90s, and when I did, I couldn't understand the universal adoration for it I had witnessed for all of my life.

2001: A Space Odyssey (1968)

I think this was the first time I was mad at myself for believing the hype.

Grooch

06-16-2006

Thursday, April 12, 2018 - 9:29 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Grooch a private message Print Post    
Omg, Naja. I was just about to post the same movie you just posted. Worst movie ever. I saw it as a kid. Pure torture.

Littlebreeze

02-18-2001

Friday, April 13, 2018 - 5:29 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Littlebreeze a private message Print Post    
Gone with the Wind

Have never been able to sit through that whole movie. I've tried a few times but find it boring.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Friday, April 13, 2018 - 6:36 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
With respect to 2001, I think the special effects and grandiose story were pretty stunning for its time. However, it was very slow moving without much action. Plus, those spinning space stations and the music always put me to sleep. It was like a visit to the Planetarium.

I’ve never watched all of Gone With the Wind. It’s always looked fake to me. I loved the book though.

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Friday, April 13, 2018 - 8:20 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
I'm embarrassed to admit that the first one which comes to mind is Casablanca which I've never seen except for Snippets here and there. It just looks so dark and depressing. But I know how many people revere it and I hate to pee on their parade.

I've seen Gone With the Wind a bajillion times and it's just sooooo freaking long I would add it to the list but it would depend on my mood.

And I totally agree about space odyssey 2001 or whatever the hell it's called. I only recently made myself watch the whole freaking thing because I was curious. But even the Snippets I've seen prior to watching the whole thing look ridiculous and boring and it sure lived up to that. LOL

Mak1

08-11-2002

Friday, April 13, 2018 - 10:53 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mak1 a private message Print Post    
The Sound of Music

Dipo

04-23-2002

Friday, April 13, 2018 - 12:28 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
I agree....Titanic, LOL.

Jimmer I really enjoyed The Last Jedi, I can't wait for the marathon Star Wars event on TNT. Starts tonight at 2.30am, LOL. Although I will say I didn't really enjoy 1-3.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Friday, April 13, 2018 - 1:14 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
For me it would be must see comedies.. Too many to list.

But Juju reminded me about LOTR.

Naja

06-28-2003

Friday, April 13, 2018 - 1:16 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
I love every single movie you guys have listed. haha

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Friday, April 13, 2018 - 1:58 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
I really liked Star Wars 4-7. Although they weren't great, I even liked 1-3 better than Last Jedi.

This is a very fun poll question!!!

Mame, if you ever get around to giving it a chance, I think you'd really enjoy Casablanca.

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Friday, April 13, 2018 - 2:10 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
Perhaps. :-)

But I will say that I enjoyed the last Star Wars movie almost as much as the original. It had the most humour that I've seen in awhile in the franchise and it was considerably less dark.

Forgot to mention the Lord of the Rings absolutely hated loathed and detested it and actually slept through it. On the other hand DH loves this series.