TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through September 21, 2017

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: General Discussions: Free Expression...: Silly little gripes: Archive through September 21, 2017 users admin

Mack

07-22-2002

Thursday, July 27, 2017 - 4:57 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mack a private message Print Post    
Just a reminder and warning. There apparently been an uptick in an old email scam lately. This one is a version of an airline sending you an email confirming a recent airline ticket and asking you to verify the purchase. On the surface it looks legit but if you carefully look at the email there are some significant red flags. One is the ever present poor spelling, punctuation, and grammar. The second one is the supposed flight number is six or seven numbers long, way too long for even a commuter flight that are often four numbers. Third, and less obvious, is that the departure airport is typically JFK in New York which is right now on Eastern Daylight Time (EDT) but the departure time is listed as Central Daylight Time (CDT). Naturally they're looking for you to click on the embedded link to provide information like a credit card number in order to contest the charge.

Dogdoc

09-29-2001

Thursday, July 27, 2017 - 8:23 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dogdoc a private message Print Post    
Thank you Mack.

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Friday, July 28, 2017 - 5:05 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
I recently got an e-mail confirming a $112 app I purchased. Huh? "Click here to . . . ." "Click here if you didn't purchase it." There was a very tiny Apple logo at the bottom. Yeah, right. How 'bout clicking the DELETE button.

Mack

07-22-2002

Friday, July 28, 2017 - 8:42 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mack a private message Print Post    
Good for you Colordeagua! I'm amazed that people fall for these scams but they do and it's big business. The IRS scam alone is estimated to have netted $40 million and maybe more as their accounts and bookkeeping were hard to track. I shouldn't be surprised but just a couple of weeks ago my wife and I were having lunch out when one of our trivia team members came in. She was all excited about her second and part time job as a "secret shopper". Mental alarm bells went off in both of our brains and we asked her for details. My wife just happened to have her iPad with her and we searched the Internet with some of the information. It immediately came back with the scam details including even the same name as her new boss. Long story short they scammed her out of nearly $2,000 by having her cash checks for them.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Friday, July 28, 2017 - 12:56 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Do you really think I am a winner, hahahahahahahahaha

Winning#: 0251373
Batch#: 5478134
Email Ref#: 6637281

You have been chosen and selected trough your e-mail as one of our PCH finalist winner dated this day 28th of July, 2017.

To get more information and redeem your award prize do contact Deborah Holland on address: ( pchdesk17@hotmail.com )

Congratulations!!!
(Publishers Clearing House)

Pippin04

10-26-2007

Sunday, July 30, 2017 - 7:40 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pippin04 a private message Print Post    
hahahaha hotmail?

Whoami

08-02-2001

Tuesday, August 01, 2017 - 2:22 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Whoami a private message Print Post    
So, apparently I have the whole "being a roommate" rules wrong.

I would have thought that if you use/dirty your roommate's pan, you clean it. At least twice now, they've used my electric skillet, then left it sit dirty for days until I finally break down and clean it myself. Same goes for my toaster oven and it's pans. I'm always having to clean up their greasy splatters in the oven.

Sigh.

Whenever I use anything in the kitchen, I clean up right away, and keep the dirty dishes in my room till I can wash them (which in itself takes several days cause they pile up their dirty dishes in the sink for days, and I can't get to the sink).

Double sigh.

And before you all start telling me to tell them to clean up after themselves, or just move out, it's tricky. See, I'm lucky to have a place to sleep at all. If it weren't for the homeowners (who live upstairs, and are the parents of the kids I share space with) I'd be living in my car. So if I were to try and make an issue of it, I could easily be told to get out.

So I'm grateful to have a place to come home to every night. Just needed to vent a little frustration.

Grooch

06-16-2006

Tuesday, August 01, 2017 - 2:34 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Grooch a private message Print Post    
(((Whoami)))

Uncle_ricky

07-02-2007

Tuesday, August 01, 2017 - 2:38 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Uncle_ricky a private message Print Post    
I'm so sorry, Who, that you're subjected to their rude and selfish behavior. You're doing the right thing by venting here to people who care about you (and thus makes up a little for the rapscallions you're forced to share space with). We're grateful you have that space to go home to every night, too.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Tuesday, August 01, 2017 - 3:19 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Well, that sucks for sure.

But yeah.. Having a place to sleep is too priority.

Sugar

08-15-2000

Tuesday, August 01, 2017 - 6:09 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sugar a private message Print Post    
Grr, that is very annoying. Do you have space to keep your pots and pans in your room?

I'm glad you have a place to stay and wish you weren't somewhat held hostage by circumstances that are less than ideal such as rude selfish roomies and a fear of retaliation if you request they perform the basic niceties.

Dogdoc

09-29-2001

Wednesday, August 02, 2017 - 8:16 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dogdoc a private message Print Post    
Who, would you mind saying how old the kids you live with are.

Whoami

08-02-2001

Wednesday, August 02, 2017 - 10:11 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Whoami a private message Print Post    
They're in their early 20's.

Rosie

11-12-2003

Wednesday, August 02, 2017 - 10:15 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rosie a private message Print Post    
sorry to hear about this whoami

doubt that their behavior will change or improve. eat at mc donald's and put away your stuff?

take care of yourself!

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Wednesday, August 02, 2017 - 10:42 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
They are used to their parents cleaning up after them. So, they may see you as a parent surrogate for the 'cleaning' part of living there.

Teachmichigan

07-22-2001

Wednesday, August 02, 2017 - 3:52 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Teachmichigan a private message Print Post    
****Pulls on ass-kicking boots and teacher scold eyes****...Where are they? Let me at 'em....They'll be washing YOUR dishes for you when I'm done!!

Seriously - hugs or a punching bag -- whichever you need, I'm sending your way. Thoughtless people are very wearing when you have to deal with them day in and day out.

Texasdeb

05-23-2003

Wednesday, August 02, 2017 - 5:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texasdeb a private message Print Post    
Are these "kids" messy all around or just in the kitchen? If, just in the kitchen, why not suggest that you assume the kitchen as your cleaning responsibility & they take care of the rest of the common areas of the house? Do their parents also keep a messy kitchen?

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Wednesday, August 02, 2017 - 5:04 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I don't think they are into cleaning, just smoking 🚬 dope, playing video games and eating Who's food or using her possessions.

Kswheels

06-30-2005

Thursday, August 03, 2017 - 9:04 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kswheels a private message Print Post    
Do not friend me on Facebook when we ain't spoke in 20 years just to PM me and ask if I know where you can get weed. <77> damn. I'm pissed off.

Yes, I have someone, no, I'm not connecting you. I wouldn't connect people I like better because I'm not going to jail for your butt. Get your own weed.

Keldogg

08-12-2005

Thursday, August 03, 2017 - 9:05 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Keldogg a private message Print Post    
omg, that made me laugh loud.....

did the person "unfriend" you after you said no?

Kswheels

06-30-2005

Thursday, August 03, 2017 - 9:15 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kswheels a private message Print Post    
Not yet but I'm going to fix that problem for both of us now that I've put together why I got that friend request.

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Friday, August 04, 2017 - 9:20 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    
The friend could just move to CO or WA. We (WA) can just get our weed at the corner store. I live in a town of about 85,000, and there may be more pot stores than Starbucks, and that is really saying something in this coffee drinking state. Let me think - we have three, maybe four Starbucks within one mile of our house. And probably 5-6 pot stores in the same radius. Life is good. Or life is stoned. Or life is buzzed. Oh, and we can pick ripe blackberries for free right now along the routes to all of the above.

Lyn

08-06-2002

Wednesday, September 20, 2017 - 12:12 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lyn a private message Print Post    
I have only had my new credit card for a month and they keep freezing my account. The first time I was only trying to set up my account. Next happened while trying to activate my card. Then I tried to reload a Timmy card - but they block ALL cardholders from this unless it's from in store. Finally, today....I'm trying to set up their (much bugged about) app.

Holy snotboogers!

Thank heavens I called them before I went out of province to visit my son! They told me they would have blocked that too.

Wow! I have a perfect credit rating, have never missed paying a bill etc

I seriously regret getting this stupid card

Christy358

07-10-2007

Thursday, September 21, 2017 - 12:25 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Christy358 a private message Print Post    
Credit card companies are on high alert right now. ANYTHING outside of very normal use patterns is frozen unless you call. I have had TONS of customers with problems.

Teachmichigan

07-22-2001

Thursday, September 21, 2017 - 5:09 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Teachmichigan a private message Print Post    
Christy - is it because of the Equifax hack or because of the hurricanes?