TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through March 26, 2018

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: General Discussions: Free Expression...: Daily Poll: ARCHIVES: Archive through March 26, 2018 users admin

Grooch

06-16-2006

Friday, March 16, 2018 - 9:17 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Grooch a private message Print Post    
My father once explained to me that Time is like a roll of toilet paper.

When you're young, the new roll of toilet paper unwinds slowly and there is plenty left of it. A year takes forever. As you age, it unwinds quicker and quicker to the end of the tube and every year goes by faster and faster.

You get the idea. I think he has the best explanation so far.

And thank you, Juju. Your post reminded me of it. :-)

Strategist

07-01-2014

Friday, March 16, 2018 - 9:31 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Strategist a private message Print Post    
I picture time as an opportunity to strive for something. If I was to describe it, it would be a never-ending arrow forward.

I rarely look back, and often look forward. I have gratitude for each day and I am always excited about learning, growing, and getting better.

I often say that I live for the end game. I picture what people would say about me at my funeral. It's not dark, but an opportunity for me to craft the rest of my life in a way that makes others (and me) proud of what I've done and what I'm going to do.

Strategist

07-01-2014

Friday, March 16, 2018 - 9:40 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Strategist a private message Print Post    
Naja, as I think about it, my arrow also goes slightly to the right like your Mom's thick wavy ribbon. The ribbon also reminds me of my Dad. When he passed away years ago there was a TV commercial running often with a thick red wavy ribbon. I often thought that Dad was floating somewhere along that ribbon.

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Friday, March 16, 2018 - 11:14 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    
Grooch, you are welcome. Was it the whizzing reference that brought forward your long-repressed toilet paper analogy?

<falls down laughing>

Kitt

09-05-2000

Saturday, March 17, 2018 - 1:38 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Can you guys explain more of what you mean. Like say you were "picturing" what you are going to do with your day, are you saying you picture your 10 o'clock appointment to the left of your internal screen, the 2 o'clock just right of center etc.?

Naja

06-28-2003

Saturday, March 17, 2018 - 1:47 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
I don't picture days, or anything like that, Kitt. I picture the flow or direction of time. As if time is a river. Like for my mom, instead of a river, she sees a ribbon. I see an endless circle as if time repeats itself as I'm traveling the circle over and over.

Jmm

08-15-2002

Saturday, March 17, 2018 - 2:59 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jmm a private message Print Post    
And this is why I never learned to meditate. I don't understand the concept of "picturing" something in my mind.

Kitt, want to come and sit by me in the non-picturing area?

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Saturday, March 17, 2018 - 4:20 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
I don't picture time either. Hmmmm.....

Naja

06-28-2003

Saturday, March 17, 2018 - 4:29 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
I just finished reading this very cool article from 9 years ago. It's about how this person visualizes time, and the comments are neat, too.

http://blogs.discovermagazine.com/cosmicvariance/
2009/11/11/your-mental-image-of-time/#.Wq2jypch2Mo

Rosie

11-12-2003

Sunday, March 25, 2018 - 8:28 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rosie a private message Print Post    
Who is your favorite cartoon character?

Yogi Bear has always been a favorite of mine. Yogi is such a scamp.

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Sunday, March 25, 2018 - 8:33 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
Johnny Quest, it was a fun show and also somewhat educational. I also liked his sidekick Hadji.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Sunday, March 25, 2018 - 11:25 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Oh, it's hard to pick a favorite. I love the monsters from Monsters Inc, I think it was called and I get a kick out of the Rugrats.

Then there are the oldies, I loved Johnny Quest, and Wile E Coyote, hahahaha.

Heckagirl631

09-08-2010

Sunday, March 25, 2018 - 1:47 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Heckagirl631 a private message Print Post    
Bugs Bunny-- "ain't I a stinker?"

Firebird05

08-24-2001

Sunday, March 25, 2018 - 2:05 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Firebird05 a private message Print Post    
Tigger because he’s the only one.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Sunday, March 25, 2018 - 3:05 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
I gotta go with Eeyore.

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Sunday, March 25, 2018 - 3:44 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
For some reason I thought the question was strictly about television cartoons but my all-time favorite cartoon character is Dory from Finding Nemo and Finding Dory. She really is me in cartoon form. LOL. She's talkative, caring, and loyal but her memory is caca. ;) ;)

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Sunday, March 25, 2018 - 8:42 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Tasmanian Devil

Naja

06-28-2003

Sunday, March 25, 2018 - 8:47 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Debbie from HBO's "The Life & Times of Tim".

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Sunday, March 25, 2018 - 8:57 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    
Current favorite is Mooch (the cat) from Mutts.

Grooch

06-16-2006

Monday, March 26, 2018 - 2:38 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Grooch a private message Print Post    
Calvin, from Calvin and Hobbes.

Dogdoc

09-29-2001

Monday, March 26, 2018 - 5:52 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dogdoc a private message Print Post    
Tramp, from Lady and the Tramp

Strategist

07-01-2014

Monday, March 26, 2018 - 6:18 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Strategist a private message Print Post    
Simba, Nala, Mufasa, Sarabi, Rafiki, Timon and Pumbaa. Ok anyone from Lion King.

In fact, it's hard to pick. So many Disney Characters are fabulous.

Y2krazy

09-17-2002

Monday, March 26, 2018 - 9:08 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Y2krazy a private message Print Post    
Ellie, from "For Better or Worse" I see that comic strip in my life all the time. Most of the time I see Ellie in me...but I see myself in her children as well. I've read the strip from when it first started when I was a young teen until she retired.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Monday, March 26, 2018 - 2:01 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
They still rerun that strip and I do still read it.

Lynn is still around.. https://www.fborfw.com

She mentions now being 70.

On the site I think she did write futures for the characters.

Pippin04

10-26-2007

Monday, March 26, 2018 - 3:45 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pippin04 a private message Print Post    
Love me some Ti double g rrrrrr