TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through February 06, 2018

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: General Discussions: tack Cooking Corner: QUICK QUESTIONS: Archive through February 06, 2018 users admin

Dipo

04-23-2002

Tuesday, November 28, 2017 - 9:25 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
LOL, I sent most of mine home with my sister. I froze the meat and at the other stuff on Friday.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Wednesday, November 29, 2017 - 8:40 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
I sent most of mine home also. Threw out the rest last night.

I used Ree Drummond's mashed potato recipe. It involved not only boiling but also baking the potatoes and they were delicious.

Teachmichigan

07-22-2001

Wednesday, November 29, 2017 - 9:14 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Teachmichigan a private message Print Post    
We sent one pie home with the son; other than that, we only have about 1 1/2 C of turkey breast and 1 1/2 C of chicken, so I put them in separate containers and tucked them in the freezer. The turkey was used on top of our salad last night, and next week the chicken will be put into c*ck-a-leekie soup.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Thursday, November 30, 2017 - 7:42 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
So is leftover meat from Thanksgiving too old to freeze now?

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Thursday, November 30, 2017 - 9:48 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
I made Ree Drummonds potatoe recipe too last year. It's even sinful for my standards. All that butter, cream cheese and heavy cream. I didn't tell anyone what all was in it but several said it was the best mashed potatoes they ever had.
Definitely too late to freeze the turkey Roxip.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Thursday, November 30, 2017 - 10:00 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
It's amazing how long food can keep if you refrigerate it well but I think that would be pushing your luck.

LOL - I agree that Ree Drummond's recipes are something else when it comes to sinful but they often taste great.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Thursday, November 30, 2017 - 10:14 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Roxip, I wouldn't at this point. 3-4 days is the suggested length that it stays okay in the fridge.

Grooch

06-16-2006

Thursday, November 30, 2017 - 10:22 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Grooch a private message Print Post    
I threw all my leftover food in the crow feeder 2 days ago and the crows and the seagull won't touch it and it's cold outside.

Listen to the birds.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Thursday, November 30, 2017 - 10:51 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
That's what I figured. Shame on me for not freezing it sooner. I'm glad I sent the bulk of it home with my niece...she has two grown sons and a husband...I know it got eaten!

Those mashed potatoes looked delicious and I got lots of compliments on them...but now that I think about it I didn't touch them. I'm more of an eater of Paula Deene's corn casserole...LOL!

Wargod

07-16-2001

Thursday, November 30, 2017 - 2:13 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Wargod a private message Print Post    
My sister did the big Thanksgiving dinner and had the leftovers. But we did a small turkey over the weekend at home. Used the some of the leftovers for sandwiches. The rest I threw in a pan with the extra veggies I'd bought for the veggie tray and some noodles and did a casserole.

Christy358

07-10-2007

Wednesday, December 13, 2017 - 10:05 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Christy358 a private message Print Post    
I made fantasy fudge.... the one that uses the marshmallow creme and evaporated milk. Did exactly what it said, even used a candy therm to get to the right temp. When I went to put it in the pan to cool, I got butter rising to the top and kind of grainy fudge. What did I do wrong??

Sugar

08-15-2000

Wednesday, December 13, 2017 - 11:11 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sugar a private message Print Post    
Attempted to make fudge, Lol, not a fudge fan.

I think it has something to do with the sugar not being incorporated completely. Did you see any sugar crystals on the side of the pan? I read that you can put it back in the pot and add some evaporated milk.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Thursday, December 14, 2017 - 1:40 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Sorry Christy, don't have any tips. Did you try googling grainy fudge to see if there are any tips there?

Jmm

08-15-2002

Thursday, December 14, 2017 - 6:21 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jmm a private message Print Post    
Be sure that you don't scrape the sides of the pan, Christy. That will almost always give you grainy fudge. Also you want to bring it up to temp slowly, heating it too quickly will also affect the texture.

Landileigh

07-28-2002

Thursday, December 14, 2017 - 6:32 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Landileigh a private message Print Post    
You need to put it in a stand mixer and beat the cwap outta it. As someone who makes the original fantasy fudge recipe (with marshmallows not the creme). This is the way to the smoothest grain free fudge EVER!

Christy358

07-10-2007

Thursday, December 14, 2017 - 8:32 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Christy358 a private message Print Post    
Landi, after I cook it?

jmm, I think I might have heated it too fast.....

Teachmichigan

07-22-2001

Friday, December 15, 2017 - 8:49 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Teachmichigan a private message Print Post    
I'm looking for the best way to cook a lovely tuna filet. What's your favorite?

Sugar

08-15-2000

Friday, December 15, 2017 - 8:54 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sugar a private message Print Post    
Chicken of the Sea

Dipo

04-23-2002

Friday, December 15, 2017 - 9:10 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
LOL, Sugar. The only way I have ever heard of is to sear it on both sides, but I have no idea how long.

Teachmichigan

07-22-2001

Monday, December 18, 2017 - 8:43 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Teachmichigan a private message Print Post    
I went Googling and found a couple of yummy sounding taco recipes, so I think we're going to try that - but not until school is out and my head isn't distracted!

Chieko

11-20-2003

Tuesday, December 19, 2017 - 1:07 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Chieko a private message Print Post    
Chicken of the Sea

"Is this chicken that or have or is it fish?"

still funny!

Landileigh

07-28-2002

Sunday, December 24, 2017 - 4:55 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Landileigh a private message Print Post    
Sorry Christy, with Dialysis, I don't get back to messages that quick. Yes, after you cook the chocolate, you pour it on the marshmallows in the Mixer and beat the cwap outta it.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Friday, February 02, 2018 - 12:29 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
You know, I keep seeing recipes for Baked Zita and I just don't get what the big deal is, LOL. It's just lasagna with a different noodle to me, hahahaha.

Am I missing something? No real issue, was just thinking about it when I saw about the 4th cooking email that mentioned it.

Sugar

08-15-2000

Friday, February 02, 2018 - 1:19 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sugar a private message Print Post    
That brings back memories of when my oldest nephew was a little guy. He would get so excited if we went to a certain shopping mall because there was a Sbarros and he could get baked ziti. He really liked it. It just occurred to me (30 years later) that maybe I should have made some for him at home. I wonder if he still likes it? Maybe Aunt Sugar will have to rectify that. Perhaps I will make a Thundercat, He Man, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle cake for him as well. Actually, he isn't a big cake fan, perhaps RKT's as I am the RKT queen.

Heckagirl631

09-08-2010

Tuesday, February 06, 2018 - 4:49 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Heckagirl631 a private message Print Post    
What does one do with 5 lbs. of honey?

Somehow, we accidentally bought this today. My husband went grocery shopping with me, and he must've accidentally picked this up from the people behind us. I didn't see it till we got home. I checked the receipt and we did pay for it--$12.50! I don't use honey at all. I may take it back, but it will be a hassle and I have to work the rest of the week. Don't know when I'll have time.