TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through February 23, 2018

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: General Discussions: Free Expression...: Daily Poll: ARCHIVES: Archive through February 23, 2018 users admin

Littlebreeze

02-18-2001

Sunday, February 04, 2018 - 7:21 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Littlebreeze a private message Print Post    
Yes. I was 13, in first year of junior high, and I had a crush on a cute boy named Johnny. I knew it was a mutual crush. He walked me home from school one day, holding my hand as we walked and talked. He stopped under a tree, leaned himself against the tree, pulled me in and kissed me. He was very sweet and so was the kiss. I was over the moon when I got home. We went steady for awhile until his family moved away resulting in my first romantic heartbreak.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Sunday, February 04, 2018 - 2:18 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
No. I remember who it was with but not the actual kiss.

Pippin04

10-26-2007

Sunday, February 04, 2018 - 3:30 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pippin04 a private message Print Post    
No not really

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Sunday, February 04, 2018 - 3:48 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
Cute story, Littlebreeze. Yes I remember my first kiss. :-)

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Sunday, February 04, 2018 - 4:44 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
That's lovely, LB. My very first kiss was after a class in grade 5 or 6. I was helping the teacher by cleaning the Blackboard and I was standing on a chair to reach the top because I'm short, and I thought I was alone in the room and all of a sudden the tallest guy in our class appeared and gave me a quick peck on the cheek. I'm not quite sure who blushed more, him or me. It was very innocent and very sweet.

I don't know if this qualifies or not but it's a nice memory for me.

Wargod

07-16-2001

Monday, February 05, 2018 - 4:35 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Wargod a private message Print Post    
Oh, sure, I remember my first kiss though it wasn't romantic at all, lol. We were about 8 or 9, it was a dare from another friend, and he kissed me on the cheek. We were friends all the way from kindergarten til high school graduation, still see each other once in a great while when him and his wife are in town, and there was never anything romantic between us, and every time the first kiss question comes up it still makes me grin.

Heh, he was also the reason (and because of another dare) I got sent to the principals office in trouble the first, and only real time, in school when we were in the 2nd grade.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Monday, February 05, 2018 - 11:11 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I was 4, so was he. We were both short. He was Italian and it was on the lips!

I do remember the first more mature kiss, but not sharing details.

Dogdoc

09-29-2001

Wednesday, February 21, 2018 - 6:55 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dogdoc a private message Print Post    
NEW QUESTION

Do you have an old jingle, running around in your head, that proves that the old ads are more successful than the fancy new ones?

Dogdoc

09-29-2001

Wednesday, February 21, 2018 - 6:57 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dogdoc a private message Print Post    
I was walking the dog this morning and found myself 'hearing' "My name is Scotty McTape, I seal and I mend. So stick with me and you will see I'll be your very best friend."

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Wednesday, February 21, 2018 - 8:30 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
You'll wonder where the yellow went, when you brush your teeth with Pepsodent.

Don't know if you guys had this in the states but this is the oldest jingle I have never been able to get out of my brain. Tune is annoyingly catchy.

Dogdoc

09-29-2001

Wednesday, February 21, 2018 - 8:38 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dogdoc a private message Print Post    
Yes, we had it and it is very old but memorable.

The father of a friend of mine made up a second verse. I still remember it. He added "Down the mouth and out the vent." lol

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Wednesday, February 21, 2018 - 8:40 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
Lol

I just Googled Pepsodent on YouTube and they're still the cutest animated Musical commercials.

Lyn

08-06-2002

Wednesday, February 21, 2018 - 3:28 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lyn a private message Print Post    
I'd like to teach the world to sing
In perfect harmony
I'd like to buy the world a Coke
And keep it company

Naja

06-28-2003

Wednesday, February 21, 2018 - 3:40 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
I have two that run through my head.

Plop plop
Fizz Fizz
Oh what a relief it is!

And then this one was going through my head throughout the last holiday season. Miller beer brought out of the vault this year. I remember it when I was a little girl.

If you've got the time,
We've got the beer.
Miller Beer

Heckagirl631

09-08-2010

Wednesday, February 21, 2018 - 5:35 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Heckagirl631 a private message Print Post    
I remember all of those.

Two all-beef patties, special sauce, lettuce, cheese, pickles, onion on a sesame seed bun.

Have it your way, have it your way at Burger King.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Wednesday, February 21, 2018 - 6:05 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
No jingles in my head, but some days, the song Pearly Shells won't leave me alone. It is one we sing in out assisted living gigs.

One year on a trip to NYC, my parents shared all features of Manhattan from their time there. We were impressed by the automat!

So we made up our own jingle, but then added in current jingles

The only GOOD but is a DEAD bug!

Down go the mean old germs

Put a nickel in and a pie comes out.

The Chiquita Banana 🍌 song was fun...

Mack

07-22-2002

Wednesday, February 21, 2018 - 6:50 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mack a private message Print Post    
You Can Tell It’s Mattel It’s Swell!

Of course my mother’s version during a time we didn’t have a lot of money and my seven year younger sister wanted everything was: You Can Tell It’s Mattel It Cost Like Hell.

Sugar

08-15-2000

Wednesday, February 21, 2018 - 6:54 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sugar a private message Print Post    
Let's all go to the lobby and get ourselves a treat

Texasdeb

05-23-2003

Wednesday, February 21, 2018 - 6:57 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texasdeb a private message Print Post    
"Oh, I wish I was an Oscar Meyer Weiner, that is what I'd truly love to be, cause if I were an Oscar Meyer Weiner, everyone would be in love with me."

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Wednesday, February 21, 2018 - 7:25 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    
“We are the world. We are the children.”

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Wednesday, February 21, 2018 - 7:46 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Ah, I forgot one line

Niagra, Niagra, instant laundry starch.

I have no idea why we chose the jingles we chose.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Thursday, February 22, 2018 - 7:14 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
Anyone here seen the movie, Demolition Man?

Dipo

04-23-2002

Thursday, February 22, 2018 - 12:19 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
hahahaha, I remember so many of these.

Wargod

07-16-2001

Friday, February 23, 2018 - 3:33 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Wargod a private message Print Post    
I don't get jingles or ads stuck in my head, but "You spin me right round, baby,
Right round like a record, baby" keeps me awake on a regular basis. It's kind of frightening, lol.

Dogdoc

09-29-2001

Friday, February 23, 2018 - 8:36 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dogdoc a private message Print Post    
That just got me dizzy Wargod.