TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through December 14, 2017

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: General Discussions: Free Expression...: It's the little things....: Archive through December 14, 2017 users admin

Pamy

01-01-2002

Wednesday, May 17, 2017 - 8:09 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
Teach, that is so cool, what a great group of kids!

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Wednesday, May 17, 2017 - 11:47 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Gestures like this probably feed your soul more than anything, even money.

And it says a lot for those young people, as well.

Wargod

07-16-2001

Thursday, May 18, 2017 - 12:25 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Wargod a private message Print Post    
That was very nice, Teach! You've taught some great kids!

Dogdoc

09-29-2001

Thursday, May 18, 2017 - 7:59 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dogdoc a private message Print Post    
Art Imitates Life

Yesterday I watched an interesting demonstration on Face Book on how to apply a band aid properly.

It seems that we have been doing it wrong. That is why finger tip band aids fall off. Done correctly, they will not fall off.

As luck would have it, I had an opportunity to try the theory out.

I do not have an electric can opener. I have one of those 'Miracle Can' turn-by-hand inventions. They are to give you a smooth surface on the can edge and the lid. This will avoid you getting cut.

I just found out that I have to put my dog on Hill's SD stone diet. I opened the first can yesterday. The lid kind of stuck a little bit, even though I thought I had gone the whole way around the top. I pulled up on it and all of a sudden it gave, flew up, and sliced two of my fingers on the way.

I remembered the tutorial from earlier in the day, but decided to just throw the band aid on the normal way. (This was the only to rapidly stem the flow of blood.)

Later in the day, one of them fell off. I decided to replace them both with the new technique. IT WORKS.

They stayed on overnight and I did some gardening without them falling off!

I bet one of you reading this will want to know the technique.

Here is what you do. You cut the band aid arms lengthwise down the middle up to just before the pad. This gives you two pieces on each side. Place the pad over the cut. With the lower piece of each side, use a diagonal path to apply it to the skin. With the top two you just go straight across towards each other. Ta Da!

Ok, it is probably better to watch the video, and I do recommend doing so.

Actually, I hope you never have to try it out.

Abby7

07-17-2002

Thursday, May 18, 2017 - 8:37 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Abby7 a private message Print Post    
I'm confused. I will be very careful. I don't want to figure out a new way to put on a band aid.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Thursday, May 18, 2017 - 8:42 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Oh dear, so sorry Doc!

That's a handy tip if you don't have the actual fingertip bandaids, on how to use a regular bandaid instead.

Whoami

08-02-2001

Tuesday, May 23, 2017 - 6:39 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Whoami a private message Print Post    
That probably wouldn't work for me, as I'd be in danger of cutting myself with the scissors used to chop up the band aid!

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Tuesday, May 23, 2017 - 6:43 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
LOL, Whoami... put me in that category too!

Rosie

11-12-2003

Monday, June 05, 2017 - 9:44 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rosie a private message Print Post    
the golden girls have chocolate cake and i want some

Rosie

11-12-2003

Monday, June 05, 2017 - 9:46 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rosie a private message Print Post    
the dogs (in the ad) have milk bones but i don't want them

Rosie

11-12-2003

Monday, June 05, 2017 - 9:58 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rosie a private message Print Post    
george clooney is in this ep of golden girls

he sure looks young

Lancecrossfire
Animoderator

07-13-2000

Monday, June 05, 2017 - 10:35 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lancecrossfire a private message Print Post    
Dr. Sally, sorry to hear about your cut fingers. Great tip about the bandaids too! It is always a god idea to stop bleeding as soon as possible.

For the first time in 25 years of collecting swords and knives last Sunday was my first mishap with one. Yes, very important to get the bleeding stopped lol.

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Tuesday, June 06, 2017 - 1:43 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
I saw that video on Facebook too about cutting bandaids. Haven't had to try it yet. Maybe today?

Pippin04

10-26-2007

Wednesday, December 13, 2017 - 2:29 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pippin04 a private message Print Post    
Ok, so I am not allowed to tell anyone yet! But my daughter and now (son-in-law) got engaged today. Sorry I had to tell someone!

Dipo

04-23-2002

Wednesday, December 13, 2017 - 2:40 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
hahahahahaha, pippin, your secret is safe with me.

Dogdoc

09-29-2001

Wednesday, December 13, 2017 - 3:32 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dogdoc a private message Print Post    
I didn't see a thing. Congratulations to both of them.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Wednesday, December 13, 2017 - 8:02 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
wahoooo!! great news!!! wish them a lifetime of happiness!

Chewpito

01-03-2004

Wednesday, December 13, 2017 - 8:10 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Chewpito a private message Print Post    
Oh good for you Pippin,
My Daughter just got engaged as well, well their in the planning stage and we just got the dress....Its a huge ordeal.

Her 'now' fiance called me and asked me if I approved....Wow....I love him.

Happy news Pippin.

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Wednesday, December 13, 2017 - 8:39 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
Congrats Pippin & Chewpito. Ah, lamour!

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Wednesday, December 13, 2017 - 8:43 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    
Our lips are sealed, Pippin. Congratulations to you and the happy couple.

Naja

06-28-2003

Wednesday, December 13, 2017 - 8:46 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Oops, I told someone. shhhh

Congratulations :-)

Pippin04

10-26-2007

Thursday, December 14, 2017 - 3:56 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pippin04 a private message Print Post    
Congrats Chewpito and to your daughter and future sil!

We are all still so happy!

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Thursday, December 14, 2017 - 7:49 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
Wonderful news!

Jmm

08-15-2002

Thursday, December 14, 2017 - 6:22 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jmm a private message Print Post    
Congratulations to all the newly engaged.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Thursday, December 14, 2017 - 11:08 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Yay for engagements!!!