TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through December 31, 2017

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: General Discussions: Free Expression...: Passings: ARCHIVES: Archive through December 31, 2017 users admin

Dfennessey

07-25-2004

Wednesday, November 22, 2017 - 7:15 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dfennessey a private message Print Post    
I was a member of the David Cassidy fan club back in the day

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Wednesday, November 22, 2017 - 8:22 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
I saw him in EFX in Las Vegas. It was so fun to see my childhood crush perform all grown up. Most of the ladies in line were David Cassidy fans as kids and teens and were so excited to see him as well. I was listening to his Cherish album on youtube yesterday. It really holds up fine over time. Simple melodies.

Texasdeb

05-23-2003

Wednesday, November 22, 2017 - 10:58 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texasdeb a private message Print Post    
I had his pictures/posters all over my bedroom. He was the most attractive young man! He had the best hair in those days!

Pamy

01-01-2002

Wednesday, November 22, 2017 - 1:13 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
He was so sexy and had such a soulfoul voice. He was my first crush and to this day pics of him make my heart flutter!

Naja

06-28-2003

Wednesday, November 22, 2017 - 1:31 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
He was more my babysitters' crush than mine (His brother Sean was my heartthrob), but I sure liked him in The Partridge Family. I once read that they electronically raised the pitch of his voice for The Partridge Family Songs and it ticked him off to no end.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Wednesday, November 22, 2017 - 10:40 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I missed the whole Partridge thing. Too involved with dogs and dog shows and work and in a canyon with not the greatest tv reception.

But very sad he had apparently early onset Alzheimer's which probably but harder due to some lifestyle choices.

Katycat74

07-17-2014

Thursday, November 30, 2017 - 12:11 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Katycat74 a private message Print Post    
Per Hollywood Reporter- Jim Nabors (Gomer Pyle) has passed away at 87.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Thursday, November 30, 2017 - 12:46 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Ahhhh, I am so sorry to hear this, here is an article.

NBC News‏Verified account @NBCNews
51m51 minutes ago
More
NEW: Jim Nabors, the actor and singer who portrayed the beloved character Gomer Pyle on 'The Andy Griffith Show', has died in Hawaii at age 87, the AP reports

After successful TV runs, Nabors continued his career as singer in Las Vegas showrooms and in concert theaters across the U.S.

He died peacefully at his home with his husband by his side. http://nbcnews.to/2jz9Zw1

Katycat74

07-17-2014

Thursday, November 30, 2017 - 12:51 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Katycat74 a private message Print Post    
He had a show years ago in Hawaii--kind of a dinner show that was a regular thing. I got the chance to see the show when I visited Honolulu --back in the 80's sometime. What a voice he had!

Dogdoc

09-29-2001

Thursday, November 30, 2017 - 2:23 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dogdoc a private message Print Post    
Jim Nabors was a great singer and a great actor.

Rosie

11-12-2003

Thursday, November 30, 2017 - 2:47 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rosie a private message Print Post    
He was blessed with real talent

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Thursday, November 30, 2017 - 5:10 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
Sad. :-(

Lyn

08-06-2002

Sunday, December 03, 2017 - 5:05 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lyn a private message Print Post    
I loved his voice - he could really sing

Dipo

04-23-2002

Tuesday, December 12, 2017 - 12:07 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Shocking to wake up this morning and find that San Francisco Mayor Lee had died last night from a heart attack. He was only 65. So sad.

Xavier Becerra‏Verified account @AGBecerra
8m8 minutes ago
More
Mayor Ed Lee was a dedicated public servant who gave his all for the City of San Francisco. He demonstrated a commitment to improving and empowering humanity through his years fighting for civil rights and economic progress.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Tuesday, December 12, 2017 - 1:15 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
That is shocking and sad.

Chewpito

01-03-2004

Tuesday, December 12, 2017 - 7:08 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Chewpito a private message Print Post    
Very very sad. I was listening to KGO radio today and listening to everyone talk about all his good work, Everyone is so sad. He will be missed. Big shoes to fill.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Wednesday, December 27, 2017 - 6:33 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
If you watch some sports and for years he was covering Wimbledon, the wonderful Dick Enberg passed away.

He was so enthused, so sweet, and his trademark expression was "On My!" .

link

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Wednesday, December 27, 2017 - 9:54 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
I liked Dick Enberg.

Johnny Bower (a great Toronto Maple Leafs goalie from the 60's) also passed away at 93. He was a nice person as well.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Friday, December 29, 2017 - 10:51 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Rose Marie, from Dick Van , has died at 94. She was so funny, earlier in the year she found Twitter, LOL, and wanted a bunch of followers, so I followed.

She cracked me up how entertained she was by tweeting, she also had a show "Wait for your Laugh" that was making the rounds.

Sugar

08-15-2000

Friday, December 29, 2017 - 3:19 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sugar a private message Print Post    
Sue Grafton died.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Friday, December 29, 2017 - 3:24 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
OMG, I love her books!

Dipo

04-23-2002

Friday, December 29, 2017 - 3:36 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
I didn't realize she had cancer, damn.

Sue Grafton, Whose Detective Novels Spanned the Alphabet, Dies at 77

Sue Grafton, a prolific author of detective novels known for an alphabetically titled series that began in 1982 with “A Is for Alibi,” has died in Santa Barbara, Calif. She was 77.

Her daughter Jamie, announcing the death on Friday afternoon on the author’s website and Facebook page, said Ms. Grafton had had cancer and died overnight.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/12/29/obituaries/sue-grafton-dies-best-sellin

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Saturday, December 30, 2017 - 1:04 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
She almost got to Z.. Her last book was Y.

Ophiliasgrandma

09-04-2001

Saturday, December 30, 2017 - 6:33 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ophiliasgrandma a private message Print Post    
I read all her alphabet books. Going to miss her talents.

Wargod

07-16-2001

Sunday, December 31, 2017 - 2:18 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Wargod a private message Print Post    
I was so sad when I got my sister's text yesterday about Sue Grafton. I've been reading her books since G is for Gumshoe came out. Forgot my book one day when I went to work and borrowed G from the retirement home library, then had to go get A-F and have been reading her books ever since.

I got my sister hooked on them (in fact, when she had surgery a few months ago and was stuck in bed, she reread the entire series.) Got my mom hooked on them. Then when we got my aunt her kindle, I spent two years buying the e-books so she could read them. I still have the last 2 or 3 I haven't read, so maybe I'll do a reread in the new year.