TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through January 17, 2018

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: General Discussions: The only Dumb question is the one not asked (Q&A): ARCHIVES: Archive through January 17, 2018 users admin

Teachmichigan

07-22-2001

Thursday, January 04, 2018 - 11:31 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Teachmichigan a private message Print Post    
I'm not a breakfast person, but DH is an expert. He has a double-sided Belgian waffle maker (makes 2 at a time) and uses a recipe called Waffles of Insane Greatness. He adds cinnamon, vanilla, nutmet, ginger and cloves to the recipe. They smell delicious, and he likes waffles because he can freeze them then take them to work. They aren't as soggy when he pops them in the toaster there for his break.

Since I eat one waffle every 3 or 4 months and haven't had a pancake in about 6, I'd choose waffles. :-)

Pamy

01-01-2002

Thursday, January 04, 2018 - 1:20 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
best test would be to go to IHOP and try a pancake and waffle to decide :-)

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Thursday, January 04, 2018 - 6:35 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Belgian waffles! Yum!

Firebird05

08-24-2001

Thursday, January 04, 2018 - 6:45 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Firebird05 a private message Print Post    
I like both but can’t make either one that’s actually edible.

My DD can make pancakes just like you get at ihop. She’s the first person I’ve known who could actually make pancakes that look like pancakes. Mine look like some kind of brunt flat biscuit. 🤢

Sugar

08-15-2000

Friday, January 05, 2018 - 11:03 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sugar a private message Print Post    
We went to IHOP tonight and had pancakes.

Dogdoc

09-29-2001

Saturday, January 06, 2018 - 6:02 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dogdoc a private message Print Post    
Wise choice Sugar!

Dipo

04-23-2002

Saturday, January 06, 2018 - 11:20 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
I just had my buttermilk frozen pancakes! I thought they were great, glad I tried them and now I have more in the freezer.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Sunday, January 07, 2018 - 2:27 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Question:

If you want to get a "second opinion" on a medical thing, how does it work with insurance?

This is only for a dermatologist, and the way it's going I'm going to need to go back to either the original dermatologist or a new one anyway, is the insurance likely to pay if I go to a different one? The only difference I can think of is the new one might charge another "new patient" fee. Does insurance care?

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Sunday, January 07, 2018 - 2:33 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
The answer is, it depends. Some insurance companies require a second opinion for some things. Some will cover on other things, some won't.

The only thing you can do is call and ask them.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Sunday, January 07, 2018 - 11:05 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Thanks, I didn't think of actually calling them, their website is no help.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Monday, January 08, 2018 - 1:43 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
If they say no, state that you want to appeal.. That often works.

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Monday, January 08, 2018 - 4:26 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
I found this re second opinion. Link

Kitt

09-05-2000

Monday, January 08, 2018 - 9:25 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Am I using "second opinion" too formally?

What happened was I went to a dermatologist, she gave me a prescription that hasn't improved anything (in fact the rash has got worse), so I need something else, either from her or from someone else. As she's convinced it's one thing and has given me the treatment for that one thing, and I didn't feel she was listening to me, I'd rather go to another dermatologist than back to her. But either way I'm going to have to see someone, so maybe I shouldn't be calling it "second opinion," maybe it's more like just changing doctors.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Monday, January 08, 2018 - 10:03 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Yeah, it's kind of both. I'm thinking they will cover it if you switch docs.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Monday, January 08, 2018 - 10:51 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Either way, I suppose I should call and check. Thanks for the help!

Naja

06-28-2003

Monday, January 08, 2018 - 10:59 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
I know if I go back to the same doc for anything other than my annual checkup, all I ever have to pay is the co-pay. Last year my co-pay was $10.

Chewpito

01-03-2004

Monday, January 08, 2018 - 11:24 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Chewpito a private message Print Post    
If a Doc gives me medicine and it is not working then I call the office and state so, then ask if the Doc can prescribe something different as maybe that medicine is not working/or causing side effects/or some other reason, Many times the Doc can call in a different medicine with out seeing you.

Seeing a different Doc is a whole new apt. a whole new fee. Maybe you have better insurance though.

My Daughter lives in LA and works in pharmacy sells and goes to Doc office all day long. She is constantly warning me about this and that about Doc care as I have lots of problems myself.
She told me to be careful when going to any apt to keep to the problem at hand, as if during apt you should bring up some other ailment they will charge you for two apts. OH MY, that has not happened to me yet but it has me rethinking how I talk to the receptionist when making the apt, I state that I have numerous complaints and there for hopefully wont get charged unexpectedly.

Naja

06-28-2003

Monday, January 08, 2018 - 11:37 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
I do that, too, Chewpito (about needing a different med). Except I just shoot off an email to Cathy the office NP, and usually within a couple hours, the pharmacy is calling to say my new prescription is ready.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Monday, January 08, 2018 - 12:12 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
I have an HDHP so I pay for the appointments out of pocket until I reach the deductible (which I never meet). The main doc is $230, the dermatologist was, strangely, cheaper at $170. But they are both under the Stanford group, which allows you to email them, and the doc especially was very good with answering emails.

But the dermatologist just didn't seem to listen. She did say if it wasn't working then to email her for a stronger steroid cream, but I actually think the current steroid cream I have is making it worse, so stronger seems unwise, so I'd like to talk to someone who will look at the bigger picture and not just fixate on one thing. I can actually see the visit notes in the Stanford portal, and for instance she has written that the rash gets worse at the weekends and is better during the week... I've no idea where that came from, I probably said that that particular weekend it was worse or something and she just wasn't paying attention.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Tuesday, January 09, 2018 - 6:07 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Well apparently I was wrong about the dermatologist being cheaper. The $170 was I think just for the biopsy testing, got the bill for the visit itself (where I met her and she took the skin sample to test) and it's $1875 after insurance, about half of which seems like it's just for the appointment, the other for doing the slicing and dicing.

Isn't medical billing fun!

Meanwhile though my rash seems to be clearing - for now - which is a good thing as my HSA will be more than empty after I pay for that, so I couldn't afford a new appointment anyway.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Monday, January 15, 2018 - 8:05 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
So, if a person gets pneumonia and then septic shock and dies, wouldn't those be the reasons for the death and not the flu? I am only asking because we had a death of a young woman who was quite healthy but died, they keep saying from the flu, except she developed pneumonia and then got septic shock.

This flu is seriously bad if since it seems to turn into something else and kill people.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Tuesday, January 16, 2018 - 8:09 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
I guess if the pneumonia and the septic shock were a direct result of the flu...I mean, she wouldn't have gotten B and C if she first didn't have A, right?

Not to mention (here comes cynical me) that right now the flu is the big story so of course that's what the media wants to lead with.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Tuesday, January 16, 2018 - 1:28 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Roxip, I wondered if that was it, the media thing, LOL.

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Tuesday, January 16, 2018 - 10:14 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    
Close friend here in South Texas has been sick a couple days. Wife took him to emergency room at 4 am today. Double pneumonia. We thought he had the flu, but doctors ruled out flu today. We hope to hell he will be okay. He is around 70, very overweight, and I think has some other complicating factors.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Wednesday, January 17, 2018 - 3:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
That's scary. I've had pneumonia several times - it is miserable even when you are a relatively healthy person.