TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through January 18, 2018

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: General Discussions: The "I don't know what thread to put this in" thread...: ARCHIVES: Archive through January 18, 2018 users admin

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Sunday, November 19, 2017 - 1:12 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Dipo, your doctor has to refer you. You are more likely to be accepted if you fit one of (and volunteer for) one of their clinical trials, or are currently getting care from an affiliated hospital.

Hope that helps.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Sunday, November 19, 2017 - 1:24 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Thanks Karuuna, their fundraiser drive has started and every time I see the commercials I wonder about it.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Tuesday, November 28, 2017 - 1:42 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
NEW Q: What is that website that tells you how well a charity performs?

Since it is #GivingTuesday, I have a bunch of emails from groups to checkout.

Thanks.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Tuesday, November 28, 2017 - 2:25 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
Guidestar has that information (I believe). Also I googled and there is Charity Watch and Charity Navigator.

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Tuesday, November 28, 2017 - 2:25 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
Charity Navigator

Dipo

04-23-2002

Tuesday, November 28, 2017 - 2:30 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Thanks guys! I thought it was something harder to find than that, LOL.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Tuesday, November 28, 2017 - 3:09 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
And I have to say that was pretty enlightening. I was able to confirm one group that I suspected wasn't a charity, isn't even listed. And another one said their ID wasn't valid, granted it was a group formed in 2017, but I would think those numbers are tracked pretty carefully.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Tuesday, November 28, 2017 - 3:46 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
Dipo, not necessarily. When a nonprofit applies for non-exempt status they are usually issued their ID number fairly quickly, but it can take a long time to work its way through the nonprofit status process. In the meantime they are allowed to operate as nonprofits (once all their paperwork has been received by the IRS) until they receive the final notification from the IRS that they are tax-exempt. For a "normal" nonprofit it can be as little as 2-3 months or longer than a year, depending on which agent receives their paperwork (some agents are more thorough, some are not, and some are just really stupid).

Dipo

04-23-2002

Tuesday, November 28, 2017 - 4:56 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Interesting, they probably are fine since they started up to deal with the disasters that occurred this year.

Heckagirl631

09-08-2010

Monday, December 04, 2017 - 6:35 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Heckagirl631 a private message Print Post    
Down side of owning a truck--everybody wants you to help them with moving something. And Hubby says it is his. I'm not supposed to agree to help anybody. But it's my family. I can't say no. It causes frictions.

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Monday, December 04, 2017 - 9:04 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    
(((Heckagirl631))) - Okay, was just going to post that Hecka should post in the don't know what thread. But this is that thread. She did not specifically ask for advice, but all of us here have a lot of advice on all subjects.

Hecka, you could just be venting. Or, if you want advice, some folks here might have some very helpful coping advice. Post here if you might welcome suggestions. Ignore this post if not.

I am really old and have been here for most of my life, it sometimes seems, and I have come to the conclusion that the collective wisdom of the TVCH community knows the answers to almost everything.

06-29-2002

Monday, December 04, 2017 - 9:30 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Moderator a private message Print Post    
Some posts about current and controversial news events have been moved to the "Misc News" thread in News and Views.

Grooch

06-16-2006

Tuesday, December 05, 2017 - 2:19 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Grooch a private message Print Post    
Hecka, my aunt was the same way. She had a truck and refused to let anyone use it to move things. I don't understand why she had the truck in the first place. But, it was her truck her rules. So, I never asked, even though she lives next door and would have made my life a lot easier.

So, the only advice I can give is to tell your family that it's one of his quirks and you don't want to be in the middle. If they need to move something, tell them they have to ask him directly. Let your husband tell them no. Maybe he won't be able to tell them no to their face.

That's all I got. :-)

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Tuesday, December 05, 2017 - 4:21 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
I never asked anyone to help me move, whether they had a truck or not. I have an SUV and no one ever asked me to help them. I have recently offered to help my brother, but that's it. I would be in the "it's my truck and time". I just don't trust other people to take care of my stuff, like I would.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Tuesday, December 05, 2017 - 4:35 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
When I've had a truck I've been both ways (depending on how nice the bed was and whether it had a good bed liner). I have even gone as far as to rent a U-Haul to help a friend move to not have to use my truck...LOL!

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Wednesday, December 06, 2017 - 10:04 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
The way I see it, a vehicle is a major purchase and I take care of it.

How careful is the person wanting to use my investment?

When I had a truck, it was my only vehicle, to And from work, for getting my dogs various places, and for some camping.

I had plywood, with indoor outdoor carpet and a camper shell to protect the bed.

If someone needed to haul something, they could own the appropriate vehicle or rent one.. And of course I could offer..

When I moved I rented a truck, and last move, had actual movers.

Landileigh

07-28-2002

Monday, December 11, 2017 - 3:25 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Landileigh a private message Print Post    
You can rent a pickup from UHaul or Home Depot for $19.99/day. Stupid to even question it anymore.

Dogdoc

09-29-2001

Thursday, January 18, 2018 - 8:46 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dogdoc a private message Print Post    
I was just over at Facebook and somebody posted one of those 'do you remember this'?

Remember the old cinnamon toast we used to have for breakfast. One piece of toast covered with butter and then sprinkled with sugar and cinnamon.

Yum! We might not have had good nutrition back then but we sure enjoyed breakfast.

Chewpito

01-03-2004

Thursday, January 18, 2018 - 9:25 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Chewpito a private message Print Post    
Yea, I def remember Cin toast', but way back then (when I was little anyway) after we ate it we went outside and worked or played hard all day. We only had one tv and we could only watch it for a hour at night, and there were no devices to force us to come to a comatose position, ha ha. so therefore' we would burn that toast off and even have more and never have to worry.
Good memory Dogdoc..

Roxip

01-29-2004

Thursday, January 18, 2018 - 9:29 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
My mom always put it under the broiler so it was hugely delicious!

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Thursday, January 18, 2018 - 12:11 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
I still have that on Saturday mornings, but use a English muffin instead.... more crevices for the good stuff.

Sugar

08-15-2000

Thursday, January 18, 2018 - 2:42 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sugar a private message Print Post    
Hmmm, I have butter, sugar, cinnamon, English muffins and a toaster.
Excuse me, I'll be back later.

Dogdoc

09-29-2001

Thursday, January 18, 2018 - 4:21 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dogdoc a private message Print Post    
Enjoy Sugar!

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Thursday, January 18, 2018 - 8:53 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Funny Dogdoc, I made cinnamon toast for my kid and he loved it. Then when he had friends stay over, none of them knew what it was, so we'd make it for everyone, and it became the one thing they always asked for when they were over. I wonder if it's more common back east than out here in Colorado?

Naja

06-28-2003

Thursday, January 18, 2018 - 8:56 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
We grew up with it in the Chicago area. But then again, it was Granny who always made it for us, and she was born in Nebraska and grew up in North Dakota.