TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through January 11, 2018

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: General Discussions: All Things Technical: The Help Desk: Ipad : Archive through January 11, 2018 users admin

Nansco98

03-06-2003

Wednesday, April 04, 2012 - 7:25 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Nansco98 a private message Print Post    
Love my IPad but how do you refresh a page .

Nansco98

03-06-2003

Wednesday, April 04, 2012 - 7:45 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Nansco98 a private message Print Post    
Never mind. It's amazing what you can learn when you read the iPad guide.

Rissa

03-19-2006

Monday, December 05, 2016 - 6:10 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rissa a private message Print Post    
Is there a way to ban someone on an iPad? Ban their emails I mean.

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Monday, December 05, 2016 - 6:55 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
You would block them in your mail. It's no different than using a PC.

Rissa

03-19-2006

Tuesday, December 06, 2016 - 7:32 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rissa a private message Print Post    
I can't find anyway to do that Kookie, been looking sporadically for weeks.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Tuesday, December 06, 2016 - 7:45 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
Who is your email with?

Rissa

03-19-2006

Tuesday, December 06, 2016 - 8:07 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rissa a private message Print Post    
Bell, Jimmer. I am just trying to access my email directly through them online and see if i can do it there. So far i can only set up a rule that moves this sender directly to trash. Not as satisfying as banning them but better than nothing.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Tuesday, December 06, 2016 - 8:44 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
There you go. That's a pretty good solution!

Dogdoc

09-29-2001

Tuesday, January 09, 2018 - 4:08 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dogdoc a private message Print Post    
I bought an Apple IPad today.

I bet I will be coming here a lot. I will take a class at the Apple store soon.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Tuesday, January 09, 2018 - 4:11 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
You'll probably enjoy it a lot. Although this site doesn't have a special setup for tablets, it works fine on iPads. :-)

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Tuesday, January 09, 2018 - 7:58 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    
You will LOVE it, Dogdoc!!!

I had no idea they have iPad classes at Apple stores!! We have an Apple store in our (summertime) town. I have never taken ANY lessons on anything Apple; just do it all intuitively, and I LOVE my iPad. If I need to know how to do anything, I just Google it on the laptop and then go do it. As a consequence, I probably do not use one half of one percent of the capabilities of either my iPad, or my iPhone. I still love them both. I suppose I should go take some classes (well, of COURSE I should) because all kinds of people come to me thinking I know everything about all electronic stuff, and I can sometimes punch a few buttons and do stuff without knowing what I am doing, but it is not the same as actually knowing what I am doing.

I wonder if anybody besides me would be interested in Dogdoc coming here (or to another thread) and reporting on stuff she learned each class day on things she thought were important to know? I would be VERY interested. Well, yeah, sure I could do tutorials or actually sign up for my own class, but this would be more fun, and I come here everyday anyway.

Edit: Oh! I didn't realize this is a thread just for iPads. Then, of course, Dogdoc should
put stuff in this thread, if she is willing.

Oh, and many thanks, to, I suspect, Draheid, for adding that sort of auto-correct thingie to our posting boxes here at TVCH. Please don't think it has gone unnoticed. Smoochies from Juju.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Wednesday, January 10, 2018 - 7:47 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
Yes I thoroughly enjoy my iPad (and iPhone). It’s such an easy way to check in on things. And I find that TVCH works great with them.

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Wednesday, January 10, 2018 - 9:48 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    
I have never visited TVCH on my iPad.

Grooch

06-16-2006

Wednesday, January 10, 2018 - 10:04 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Grooch a private message Print Post    
Hmm.....

Texannie

07-15-2001

Thursday, January 11, 2018 - 6:05 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texannie a private message Print Post    
I come here on my ipad. No app, but works great in a browser.

Dogdoc

09-29-2001

Thursday, January 11, 2018 - 8:43 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dogdoc a private message Print Post    
Yes, I am learning that there is a difference between an app and tvch.

I don't know when I am going to take the class. I want to play with it to work up some questions.

I was so proud of myself for getting onto my home wifi

Then I went to Skype (it was downloaded for me at the store, as was tvch.) I wrote a message to my sister and realized I didn't know what to hit to send it. Lol I still don't. I will keep trying.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Thursday, January 11, 2018 - 9:16 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
Let us know if/when you have questions. :-)

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Thursday, January 11, 2018 - 10:00 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Dogdoc, to send a text message via Skype, you have to have a Skype account ($).

The cost of sending an SMS from Skype varies according to the country you’re sending it to. You'll need to have some Skype Credit – sending text messages is not covered by our subscriptions.

If you want to text message from your ipad you can still do so, but you need to use imessage.

Hope that helps!

Chewpito

01-03-2004

Thursday, January 11, 2018 - 10:16 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Chewpito a private message Print Post    
I love my IPad' I use it all the time for listening to radio' podcasts' and in general browsing.
For this site' TVCH I just went to the top right hand corner and pushed the little (box with a arrow pointing up) and in the options 'added it to home screen' so I just have a icon for it.
It was a gift and at first it scared me to death as I was only used to windows, but I have come far.
I do not have a I phone though and still have a little flip that cost me about 18 dollars a month to use for text and calls.
I only use the WiFi with the I pad. I bought a little Bluetooth speaker and it gives me the volume I need.
I did get the chrome apt as it allows me to use desktop mode and I can use certain features that are not available in Safari or Firefox. If I am on Facebook I can not access the messenger feature in any of the browsers except Chrome, (in the desktop mode it works fine just like my windows computer) (with out downloading the apt for Messenger). Because I don't have a I phone I did not want that apt for Messenger because it confuses my little flip phone and suddenly messages start going all over.
Netflix, U tube all that works great.
The camera is amazing.
I am writing most of this for Dogdoc and I know all you guys are probably pro's with this stuff, ha ha.
I do have a question, I also have a little I pod' that I used to love as well but the battery is no longer good and I can only use it when its plugged in. I can use it still for radio and so I still like it, but its not portable any longer as it wont hold a charge. I want to get a new battery for it but have been told I should just get a new one. I really just want a new battery though. I don't use it enough to buy a new one.
You will love your I pad Dogdoc'..lots of fun. I am a newbie to so I look forward to what you learn and share.
I also just bought a little adapter that I can connect to my I pad that goes into a HDMI cable and when I connect it to my TV' wala, I have it on big screen, I like that for Netflix.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Thursday, January 11, 2018 - 10:37 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Chewpito, unfortunately, Apple will only replace batteries on more recent ipod models, so if you have an older one, you'd have to find a third party to do it for you locally.

It's usually $60 and up for the battery and labor.

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Thursday, January 11, 2018 - 10:39 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
Ipads are great for travel too. I only use WiFI with mine and it seems to work fine. I find that I am using my ipad much more than my computer these days.

Dogdoc

09-29-2001

Thursday, January 11, 2018 - 12:23 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dogdoc a private message Print Post    
Karuuna, thank you I have had a Skype account for year. I have never had to pay for it. Mostly I Skype to Honduras. The phone calls are free too.

On my computer I just hit 'enter' and off the message goes.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Thursday, January 11, 2018 - 1:38 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Yes, I was surprised about that too. You can get around if you have an iphone and you link your iphone to your ipad. But otherwise you have to pay for text messages.

Dogdoc

09-29-2001

Thursday, January 11, 2018 - 2:46 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dogdoc a private message Print Post    
I just found what to hit to send my Skype message and it went through! I don't have an iphone

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Thursday, January 11, 2018 - 3:05 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
hmmmmm....you must be using Skype instant message then, not text messaging.