TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through December 22, 2017

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: General Discussions: The only Dumb question is the one not asked (Q&A): ARCHIVES: Archive through December 22, 2017 users admin

Pamy

01-01-2002

Sunday, December 17, 2017 - 2:32 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
its also called White Elephant

Grooch

06-16-2006

Sunday, December 17, 2017 - 3:41 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Grooch a private message Print Post    
What's your price range?

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Sunday, December 17, 2017 - 4:30 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
That's interesting about the names. I've heard of that sort of gift exchange but not by those names. I can't remember what we call it.

Sugar

08-15-2000

Sunday, December 17, 2017 - 6:50 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sugar a private message Print Post    
I've heard of that type of thing as a Yankee Swap.

Maybe a page-a-day calendar, there should be several to choose from, jokes, cartoon strips, word of the day...
A gift card to a nearby coffee shop, bakery or café.
A book. One of those tins of 3 kinds of popcorn.

Heckagirl631

09-08-2010

Sunday, December 17, 2017 - 8:08 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Heckagirl631 a private message Print Post    
Yeah, I was surprised to see it on "The Middle". Price range is $20 or under. Last year, I remember someone getting a water fountain, a foot massager, Bath & Body Works lotions. Not sure what else. I really don't like the concept though. My niece is not going to be able to afford to participate. I don't want to either, but my co-workers tend to rope you into it.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Sunday, December 17, 2017 - 8:16 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
If I know alot of people in the group I like to give a framed pic of me and then hide a 10 gift card inside, so at first people think its a crappy gift but turns out its awesome! LOL

this year I got a Bieber singing toothbrush and hide a starbucks card inside

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Sunday, December 17, 2017 - 8:35 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
This is the website, but I don't know which robe it is. There's only a few so you should be able to recognize which it is.

https://dreamalittledreamwithme.com/collections/robes

Joely was the shop owner back then during that BB season. She still is. She was in California then. She's now in Yuma, AZ.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Sunday, December 17, 2017 - 8:57 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Joely has an actual gift shop now, in Yuma.

Heckagirl631

09-08-2010

Sunday, December 17, 2017 - 9:06 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Heckagirl631 a private message Print Post    
$210 for a robe is a lot

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Sunday, December 17, 2017 - 11:50 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
That is a Little Giraffe robe, but yes, expensive.

The robe a number of us bought is $115 currently. And of course you wait for a 20% discount and free shipping.

😜

Dipo

04-23-2002

Monday, December 18, 2017 - 12:08 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
But it is a fabulous robe!!!

Roxip

01-29-2004

Monday, December 18, 2017 - 1:28 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
I bought one for a friend back in the day...she absolutely loved it.

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Monday, December 18, 2017 - 8:55 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    
Pamy, you are absolutely diabolical giving people a Bad Santa framed picture of yourself. I love it.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Monday, December 18, 2017 - 8:56 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
LOL! I always say Hey! it's worth more than 10 bucks!

Gidget

07-28-2002

Tuesday, December 19, 2017 - 12:43 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Gidget a private message Print Post    
I'm stumped about a movie. I thought it was Dan Akyroyd but his credits are so extensive I'm not getting there.

The movie was about a couple or two couples that fall down the "rabbit" hole in a weird town or house. I thought Donna Dixon might have been the wife but it is not Spies Like Us.

It wasn't a blockbuster film but it was silly funny.

Anyone know what I am talking about?

Naja

06-28-2003

Tuesday, December 19, 2017 - 1:11 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
I think you might mean "Nothing but Trouble"? But there no Donna Dixon in this one.

A financier [Chevy Chase] meets a spurned lover [Demi Moore] and agrees to take her to a business meeting. On the way there, they run a stop sign in a tiny town in the middle of nowhere. They are arrested and taken to the local court. But all is not as it seems: the courthouse and the "prison" are a maze of zany booby- traps and deadly contraptions. The antics of the captured couple as they try to escape from the mad judge and his bizarre family make up the rest of this unusual film.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0102558/combined

Whoami

08-02-2001

Tuesday, December 19, 2017 - 8:27 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Whoami a private message Print Post    
Maybe Pleasantville?

No Donna Dixon in this one either.

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Tuesday, December 19, 2017 - 9:17 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
Gidget: The Couch Trip, Doctor Detroit, and Twilight Zone movie are three movies they apparently did together according to Google.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Friday, December 22, 2017 - 3:56 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
NEW Q:

My sister just started working for a "cleaning group", their speciality is hoarding situations, crime scene and death site clean ups. I was just talking to her and they did a clean up for someone who passed away. Anyway here is the question....

The company said if she sees something she likes/wants, she can take it. That seems wrong to me, unless they are told to throw everything into the trash then I guess it would be ok.

Is this legally ok for her to take something, she said she only saw a couple of pieces of china (cups) that she wanted. But I don't know.

Thanks.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Friday, December 22, 2017 - 4:17 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
I think that really depends on where the item would go if she didn't take it.

Texasdeb

05-23-2003

Friday, December 22, 2017 - 4:48 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texasdeb a private message Print Post    
If it's going to be "trashed", then she is ok to take it.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Friday, December 22, 2017 - 5:20 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
my husband's job with the Sheriff/Public Administrator is to go through those houses and find things that would sell at auction. It's illegal for him to just take stuff. He works with those clean up co. all the time, especially if its a haz mat hoarder situation.

It is shocking the amount of people that die with no heirs or with heirs that dont want anything to do with their estate. There are also situations where the heirs are out of state and cant get here so the public admin dept (my hubby) goes out and goes through everything. The proceeds from items auctioned off goes to the estate(heirs) minus the fees for all the work the public admin did.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Friday, December 22, 2017 - 6:23 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Well she did say the most recent one she did there are no heirs, the person who passed was the last of the line and had apparently been dead for a few weeks.

So what happens to the assets, do they just go to the state? I am thinking if they were in a house it could be sold, I have no idea in this case, just made me wonder.

It just seemed odd to me that the company even mentioned it.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Friday, December 22, 2017 - 8:07 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
my hubby did say that the clean up co can have whatever is left after the public admin goes thru and determines if anything of value should be brought in for auction. Also, there are some houses that are deemed nothing of value and then my hubby leaves, at that point they can have whatever they want also

this process varies by county in CA

Pamy

01-01-2002

Friday, December 22, 2017 - 8:08 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
if there are no heirs and there is stuff to bring in for auction. the proceeds minus public admin fees goes into the estate, it has to sit there for a period of time, if no one claims then it goes to the state