TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through November 02, 2017

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: General Discussions: Free Expression...: Daily Poll: ARCHIVES: Archive through November 02, 2017 users admin

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Tuesday, September 26, 2017 - 10:05 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Peoria??

My grandmother lived there her last year's at the Bueller? Home. She had huge numbers of nieces, nephews, and more in that area.. Several generations..

Anyway I went off to Berkeley with all my records at 17 and was basically curb off from tv and radio.

So we didn't get the exposure.

Friends a bit younger did get it.

And for a few years, even with a tv, we still were into Judy Collins, Joan Baez, Peter Paul & Mary, Pete Seeger, Simon & Garfunkel.. Ian & Sylvia, Jefferson Airplane

Just took awhile to be won over.

Uncle_ricky

07-02-2007

Tuesday, September 26, 2017 - 10:30 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Uncle_ricky a private message Print Post    
"I Should Have Known Better"

Landileigh

07-28-2002

Tuesday, September 26, 2017 - 11:38 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Landileigh a private message Print Post    
I really didn't know the Beatles music. Until the movie Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band. Although it was actually Peter Frampton and the Bee Gees, I fell in love with one song that to this day is one of my favorites. Golden Slumbers. It segues into "Carry that Weight"

Strategist

07-01-2014

Wednesday, September 27, 2017 - 4:38 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Strategist a private message Print Post    
"Michelle"

I don't know how many times my hubby and I listened to that song when we dated.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Wednesday, September 27, 2017 - 10:01 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Ah.. I guess I got into them with the movie, A Hard Day's Night.. Totally forgot about that!

Saw that a bunch of times and enjoyed their manic humor. And the grandfather "a very clean old man".

Also had John's book, In His Own Write.. a friend named her kittens from that book.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Wednesday, September 27, 2017 - 12:50 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
And isn't that funny, I haven't ever seen a Beatles movie, LOL.

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Wednesday, September 27, 2017 - 10:02 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    
Seamonkey, that seems very weird that you would be at Berkeley and isolated from the Beatles. You weren't in a cult or anything, were you? Which is okay and would be fascinating if you were. As a result of living in San Francisco for five years I knew some folks who had been in cults, and some who actually attended the 1967 Summer of Love in Golden Gate Park.

I was also heavily into all of those folk music groups that preceded the Beatles. LOVED Joan Baez.

Landi, I can sing Carry That Weight, and really like it as well. I am a melody person, and the Beatles just had SO many wonderful melody songs.

I don't think of myself as much of a music person at all, but I had a brother two years younger who was really into the Phil Spector Wall of Sound, and the emerging Motown groups, and who LOVED Tina Turner when she just did Los Angeles night clubs, so I got forced into knowing a lot more music than I otherwise might have because I was a captive audience for the brother.

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Wednesday, September 27, 2017 - 10:31 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    

quote:

Peoria??

My grandmother lived there her last year's at the Bueller? Home. She had huge numbers of nieces, nephews, and more in that area.. Several generations..

Yep, I have a WHOLE lot of family from that area on my father's side (mother was Australian war bride). They were Galesburg Knoxville area in my grandparents' generation, but many of the sons ended up in Peoria looking for higher paying work. Some of the sons remained in Galesburg. You might recall that Goddessatlaw and Schoolmarm are both from that area and ended up finding out they are related.

I think it was Beuhler Nursing Home.

We could be cousins, Seamonkey!!!

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Wednesday, September 27, 2017 - 11:09 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Hmm.. Family names were Gilkison, Cantrall. Probably others.

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Wednesday, September 27, 2017 - 11:17 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    
Day and Groom here. No cigar.

Pippin04

10-26-2007

Thursday, September 28, 2017 - 1:28 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pippin04 a private message Print Post    
Last night we saw the film: Battle of the Sexes about the tennis match between Billie Jean King and Bobby Riggs.

So my question is:
1. do you play tennis? 2. Do you watch tennis? 3. Do prefer men's or women's tennis?

1. Yes, I play quite well.
2. Yes, I do.
3. I like both, but some players over others.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Thursday, September 28, 2017 - 1:39 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
1. I tried but I was no good.
2. I love to watch it and I post in the tennis thread.
3. I like both, and am excited to see a new batch of US women coming up, but of course, will be very interested to see when Serena comes back.

Littlebreeze

02-18-2001

Thursday, September 28, 2017 - 1:52 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Littlebreeze a private message Print Post    
no
no
no

zero interest in tennis

Firebird05

08-24-2001

Thursday, September 28, 2017 - 3:40 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Firebird05 a private message Print Post    
1. Lol no I don't have that kind of coordination.
2. Yes I have.
3. I like certain players, gender a non issue.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Thursday, September 28, 2017 - 4:25 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
1. No.

2. Yes.

3. Both, but favor women's tennis.

Uncle_ricky

07-02-2007

Thursday, September 28, 2017 - 5:17 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Uncle_ricky a private message Print Post    
Thank you, Pippin, for going to see the film. I hope other TVCHers feel inclined to go see it, too (early and often).

1. No, due to a complete lack of hand/eye coordination.

2. Not anymore - I stopped when the Queen of Tennis (Steffi Graf) retired.

3. Neither - but up until The Queen retired (see answer #2), my (very strong) preference was for women's tennis.

Dogdoc

09-29-2001

Thursday, September 28, 2017 - 5:31 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dogdoc a private message Print Post    
1. no 2. no 3.no

Egbok

07-13-2000

Thursday, September 28, 2017 - 9:22 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Egbok a private message Print Post    
1. No
2. Yes
3. Both

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Thursday, September 28, 2017 - 9:32 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    
Oh, here's an interesting one. The what-ifs of life.

1. do you play tennis?
No, but I probably should have. I happened to take tennis lessons right when I was at that awkward age of life when I had grown about five or more inches in a year, but my brain had not caught up to managing the systems for those length of limbs. So, while I intellectually knew exactly how and where to serve and hit, etc. the limbs were all over the place, and I only weighed a hundred pounds at 5'9" or so. When I played tennis a few years later, I found I had the strength and coordination and remembered the moves, but had not developed the muscle memory. But by then, there were the Beatles, followed closely by the Stones and boys and dating and college, and sex, drugs, and rock and roll, and then the beginning of computers, and travel, and oh, just everything. Tennis? Tennis anybody? Not gonna happen.

2. Do you watch tennis? No

3. Do prefer men's or women's tennis? Women's

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Friday, September 29, 2017 - 6:34 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
1. Yes. I love all racket sports but I’m weakest at tennis.

2. Yes. But not as much as I used to watch.

3. I prefer women’s tennis. The men hit the ball very hard and the rallies tend to be shorter for the men.

Texasdeb

05-23-2003

Friday, September 29, 2017 - 9:45 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texasdeb a private message Print Post    
1) Used to play often, but have not played in awhile.........a long while!
2) no - don't like watching on TV
3) don't prefer either over the other because I don't keep up with it.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Tuesday, October 03, 2017 - 7:15 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
1. Not for 25 years
2. rarely
3. don't mind either

Dogdoc

09-29-2001

Thursday, November 02, 2017 - 6:03 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dogdoc a private message Print Post    
New Poll Question

Do you have a favorite food or beverage you go to when you want to treat yourself?

Dogdoc

09-29-2001

Thursday, November 02, 2017 - 6:05 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dogdoc a private message Print Post    
I was very brave at the dentist yesterday and I treated myself to a hot vanilla chai latte at my favorite coffee shop afterwards.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Thursday, November 02, 2017 - 8:23 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Banana splits or chocolate cake. Or both.