TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through October 31, 2017

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: General Discussions: The "I don't know what thread to put this in" thread...: ARCHIVES: Archive through October 31, 2017 users admin

Pamy

01-01-2002

Friday, October 06, 2017 - 7:00 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
Maris, so happy to hear!

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Friday, October 06, 2017 - 9:04 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
I think that was a great solution, to let her know it wasn't *her*, but to also not do something you didn't want to do.

Grooch

06-16-2006

Friday, October 06, 2017 - 9:38 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Grooch a private message Print Post    
Maris, glad to hear you went with your gut instinct and that she was cool about it.

Kitkat

08-23-2008

Tuesday, October 24, 2017 - 9:57 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitkat a private message Print Post    
Has anyone here received the snail mail notice that you are one of the additional people who are affected by the Equifax data breach? If so, what are you doing about it? Are you accepting their offers or going independently? If going independent, which monitoring service are you using? Thanks for your help!

Jmm

08-15-2002

Wednesday, October 25, 2017 - 6:51 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jmm a private message Print Post    
No, Kitkat, I haven't received anything about it. Hopefully someone else will be by with more info for you.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Thursday, October 26, 2017 - 12:41 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
I have received a couple of "fake" email schemes about it but nothing in my regular mail.

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Thursday, October 26, 2017 - 2:11 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
I live in a condo building. Just heard that one of the elderly women (more elderly than I) fell for one of those "your relative has been kidnapped" schemes. Lost app. $4,000.

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Thursday, October 26, 2017 - 2:12 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
That pisses me off so much you have no idea. I hate that the elderly are preyed up on like that by scumbags.

Julieboo

02-05-2002

Thursday, October 26, 2017 - 6:57 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Julieboo a private message Print Post    
I know I am not a very active poster here these days but I am reading that Sia died. Does anyone know what happened? I know she was a very active poster way back when.

Chewpito

01-03-2004

Thursday, October 26, 2017 - 7:04 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Chewpito a private message Print Post    
Oh that is sad news Julieboo, Thank you for sharing. I do not know, but hope someone will be able to fill in the blanks...

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Thursday, October 26, 2017 - 7:46 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Julieboo, I am sorry to hear about this.. Was it on Facebook?

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Thursday, October 26, 2017 - 7:47 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
It was on Facebook, on the Hills Dept store page. It just says suddenly. She passed yesterday.

I am (was?) Facebook friends with her and she hadn't posted in a long time. I didn't know she was ill.

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Thursday, October 26, 2017 - 8:05 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
I did a bit of digging on Facebook and found her sister's page. Anyway she posted within the hour that they still don't have any funeral arrangements yet but she's hoping to have some information to share tomorrow. And she's on her way from whatever City she lives in to the city Sia lived for the funeral.
Sia and I were also Facebook friends but haven't heard from her in ages and ages. She was never a very healthy woman. I remember she was heartbroken that she had to miss her daughter's graduation because she was just too frail to go. I believe she was a very large woman and her weight was her primary medical issue at the time as far as I knew. Anyhow this is very shocking and sad news. RIP my friend.

Julieboo

02-05-2002

Thursday, October 26, 2017 - 8:34 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Julieboo a private message Print Post    
Yes, it was on FB, but like the others said, she had not posted in a while. I believe she had a lot of tough obstacles in her life. So sad. She was a long time member of TVCH.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Thursday, October 26, 2017 - 9:51 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I remember her beautiful cats...

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Friday, October 27, 2017 - 6:15 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
I recall that she had a hard life. So sad.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Friday, October 27, 2017 - 9:29 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
I also recall that she had 2 teenage kids. Not sure how old they are now, and they have lost their mother.

Dogdoc

09-29-2001

Monday, October 30, 2017 - 3:18 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dogdoc a private message Print Post    
I was just listening to the news.

One story was about some local high school kids who made an autistic classmate eat his own feces and drink urine. What can make kids act that way!

The other story was about parents of high school seniors who want the school to stop making the students read books about rape, etc.

They read a page from one of the books that said " He cut off her breasts and put them on the table beside her nose"

Do you think the students should have to read the rape book? They study it in classroom so the students that don't want to study it would have to leave the room.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Monday, October 30, 2017 - 7:59 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Weird, Dogdoc, that sentence sounds like it comes from a crime book. I don't understand what a "rape" book is, unless it is a book about the crimes of rape and discussion the psychology of the mind of a rapist.

I guess I would wonder what the intention of the school is before I could decide if the students should read it.

Wargod

07-16-2001

Monday, October 30, 2017 - 10:11 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Wargod a private message Print Post    
I think it depends on age, emotional, and maturity levels. As a parent, I'd want to know why that particular book, the lessons and discussions surrounding it, and have the oopportunity to read it first so I could decide if my kid could handle it and be ready to discuss it with them at home.

Since it sounds, from the one sentence anyway, pretty violent and graphic, i do think they ought to allow students and parents the choice of opting out and having an alternative available. There has to be other books that could teach the same lessons in a less graphic and violent way.

Dogdoc

09-29-2001

Tuesday, October 31, 2017 - 5:31 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dogdoc a private message Print Post    
Thank you Dipo and Wargod. Dipo, I called it the rape book because rape was the topic.

I thought it was violent.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Tuesday, October 31, 2017 - 7:44 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
I wouldn't be a fan of that book in the classroom. I think that is unnecessarily graphic. I do believe that rape should be discussed in graphic terms but that would cross a line into voyeurism in my opinion (and I happen to read tons of true crime books but that is MY choice as an adult...not something that I would want taught to my daughter (who of course now is in college and I have no control whatsoever...LOL!)).

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Tuesday, October 31, 2017 - 8:22 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
I did a web search on that line and can't find any reference to such a book.

I'd like to know the name of the book and the context before I form an opinion.

I say that knowing that a school in Mississippi recently banned the award winning "To Kill A Mockingbird" because it contained the n-word.

Ophiliasgrandma

09-04-2001

Tuesday, October 31, 2017 - 9:29 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ophiliasgrandma a private message Print Post    
I just watched a retrospect of The Jeffersons and they were throwing the n-word around like you wouldn't believe in this day and age. I was shocked.

Dogdoc

09-29-2001

Tuesday, October 31, 2017 - 10:15 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dogdoc a private message Print Post    
Thank you Roxip, Karuuna and OG

Karuuna, I am a fan of O'Henry (William Sidney Porter) but I am afraid his books would be banned for how he refers to black people.

I think that once you are graduated from high school you should be able to read whatever you want to read.