TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through September 26, 2017

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: General Discussions: Free Expression...: Daily Poll: ARCHIVES: Archive through September 26, 2017 users admin

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Thursday, September 14, 2017 - 6:46 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
Absolutely! :-)

Abby7

07-17-2002

Thursday, September 14, 2017 - 7:08 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Abby7 a private message Print Post    
What about my white shoes:

https://youtu.be/lnGHB-kI2ZM

Texasdeb

05-23-2003

Thursday, September 14, 2017 - 9:48 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texasdeb a private message Print Post    
Since I do not like Summer & I do like Fall, I go into Fall mode right after Labor Day. No white shoes either until Easter.

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Thursday, September 14, 2017 - 9:16 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    
LOL, Abby7, you bad girl.

Littlebreeze

02-18-2001

Friday, September 15, 2017 - 1:39 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Littlebreeze a private message Print Post    
Hate summer, hate it! It seems to never end and it won't end for me until sometime in mid-late Oct. when the temps stay cool and the air is fresh & brisk. We're in the middle of a heat wave. It's been very hot & extremely humid here for days now. When daytime highs stay no higher than in the 50s, I'll be very happy. Love autumn & winter.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Friday, September 15, 2017 - 8:57 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Halloween in Detroit was often cold.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Friday, September 15, 2017 - 8:59 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
We are having summer days, fall night's currently.

But we could easily see hot days through October.

Pippin04

10-26-2007

Saturday, September 23, 2017 - 7:23 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pippin04 a private message Print Post    
Watching the film: Across the Universe. If you don't know the film here is a bit about it.

The music of the Beatles and the Vietnam War form the backdrop for the romance between an upper-class American girl and a poor Liverpudlian artist.

So my question is this: What is your favorite Beatles song?

Mine is While My Guitar Gently Weeps

Naja

06-28-2003

Saturday, September 23, 2017 - 7:25 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
"Can't Buy Me Love"

Kitt

09-05-2000

Saturday, September 23, 2017 - 7:57 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
That's impossible to answer!

Top few: The Long and Winding Road, Yesterday, Let It Be, Here Comes The Sun.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Sunday, September 24, 2017 - 4:17 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Hmm When I'm 64, Hey Jude..but there are so many others. Kitt's list is good.

Dogdoc

09-29-2001

Sunday, September 24, 2017 - 6:05 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dogdoc a private message Print Post    
Yellow Submarine

Mack

07-22-2002

Monday, September 25, 2017 - 3:31 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mack a private message Print Post    
What Kitt said!

Texasdeb

05-23-2003

Monday, September 25, 2017 - 10:16 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texasdeb a private message Print Post    
I'm going to agree w/Kitt & Sea

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Monday, September 25, 2017 - 10:57 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
I will say that my favorite album is Rubber Soul.

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Monday, September 25, 2017 - 10:13 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    
If you were 14 when the Beatles were 18, there simply IS no answer. We all fell in love, and rightly so. We just thought then that music would be that way forever. It was the golden age of folk fading into soft rock fading into hard rock music. Oh, and melodies. Back when songs had melodies. Those boys had some melodies!

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Tuesday, September 26, 2017 - 9:31 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Depends where one was living at the time.

By the time we were aware of them, the youngest was 20, but certainly they were better known earlier across the pond.

This timeline is interesting.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Beatles_timeline

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Tuesday, September 26, 2017 - 9:37 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I actually didn't fall in love until we got a cassette of Rubber Soul. We had this new Volvo wagon and bought a cassette player that we affixed to the console and my ex built a cover so people wouldn't break in to snatch it.

The Volvo was a '70 ( and they were hard to get, so you took what they got. Ours was called yellow, which was a mustard color.. Ugh.. But in the seventies it was acceptable.

Merrysea

08-13-2004

Tuesday, September 26, 2017 - 11:26 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Merrysea a private message Print Post    
I remember the first time the Beatles were on Ed Sullivan. My sister wanted to watch them, and my dad kept saying that they were going to break the TV. The TV was fine during the Beatles' performance, but when Mitzi Gaynor came on, it went to snow, LOL! I fell in love with them shortly after that when my sister got the album "Meet the Beatles."

Dipo

04-23-2002

Tuesday, September 26, 2017 - 12:50 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
I don't know why but I was never enamored of the Beatles, LOL.

Naja

06-28-2003

Tuesday, September 26, 2017 - 12:57 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
They were my mom's music. When I think of Paul McCartney, I first think of Wings. And when I hear "Lucy in the Sky With Diamonds" in my head, Elton John is singing it.

Littlebreeze

02-18-2001

Tuesday, September 26, 2017 - 1:38 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Littlebreeze a private message Print Post    
In My Life

This Boy

Sunnyday

08-07-2014

Tuesday, September 26, 2017 - 1:58 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sunnyday a private message Print Post    
I love all the early Beatles music. I found some of their early stuff in a dime store in my little town when I was about 13. "Love, Love Me Do" was an early favorite along with P.S. I love you, I saw her Standing There and so many others.

Wargod

07-16-2001

Tuesday, September 26, 2017 - 4:13 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Wargod a private message Print Post    
This is one of those things I say and get the exact same look as I get when I say I'm not a big fan of chocolate...but, not a fan. I can appreciate their talent and the fact they and their music were ground breaking. I've read quite a bit about the Beatles contribution to music history and how influential they were to others. But, really don't like their music.

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Tuesday, September 26, 2017 - 9:35 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    
Seamonkey, where in the world were you when the Beatles made bigtime? I said 14, but it was probably 16 for me, and then I was the ONLY one who did not know who the Beatles were. I am pretty sure I knew who the Beatles were before they were on Ed Sullivan, which, of course, was a defining moment of all of our American lives. I wouldn't think it was even possible that an American teenager did not know who the Beatles were until said teenager turned 20. But, I then lived in Peoria, IL, which is/was like THE most American place in all of America.