TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through September 11, 2017

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: General Discussions: The only Dumb question is the one not asked (Q&A): ARCHIVES: Archive through September 11, 2017 users admin

Dipo

04-23-2002

Wednesday, September 06, 2017 - 8:40 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Thanks, I was just curious and love my VCR even more, LOL.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Thursday, September 07, 2017 - 7:17 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
With my old TIVO I could watch recorded shows when the internet was down - but with my newer DVR I cannot.

Now this is what I don't understand. When my box goes out completely and has to be replaced I lose all my recorded content...which doesn't make sense to me...shouldn't it be stored on the cloud or something?

Technology...I don't even try to understand it. I just enjoy it when it works and gripe about it when it doesn't.

Dogdoc

09-29-2001

Thursday, September 07, 2017 - 7:27 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dogdoc a private message Print Post    
Roxip, I just had my Comcast box replaced and lost everything I had saved on it.

The installer said my new box saves things on the cloud.

Sugar

08-15-2000

Thursday, September 07, 2017 - 7:52 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sugar a private message Print Post    
We have lost many a recorded show when needing to replace the box.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Thursday, September 07, 2017 - 8:36 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
Yes ours are definitely recorded on a disk in the box but you still can't access the darn thing if the cable is out. LOL - It's the worst of both worlds.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Thursday, September 07, 2017 - 8:47 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Yeah, I'm with Jimmer.. the worst of both worlds is what I have too.

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Thursday, September 07, 2017 - 10:40 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
If my satellite is out, I can watch my TIVO. I LOVE TIVO!!! We have a lifetime subscription (got it the first year it came out), and I have never regretted it. Honestly, if it weren't for Survivor, Amazing Race, and Big Bang, we'd give up satellite completley and just use Amazon Prime and Netflix, but I adore my TIVO when we get free channels for a weekend.

I love TiVo too. Can't imagine TV without TiVo. I've had it since May '04. I've NEVER had cable or satellite. Through the years just watched OTA TV and Netflix DVDs. (We have a good rooftop antenna on the condo building.) Now I stream.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Thursday, September 07, 2017 - 11:29 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
I have gone so far as to hook up an old VCR and record things from my box to the VCR...now that's sad desperation so as not to lose my shows that I have recorded but not watched yet...and yes, I know I could watch them on demand but that just never seems to get through my brain!

Maybe if I replace my box now I can get that cloud storage option!

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Thursday, September 07, 2017 - 11:35 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Roxip, I have done that too, but the new Comcast DVRs put interference into the output so the quality is pretty poor.

I'm sure there's a way to get around that.

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Thursday, September 07, 2017 - 12:23 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
I just contacted Comcast about upgrading my DVR. She assures me all of my recorded shows will be available on the new DVR. I'll have to see this to believe it. I think they will all be gone. Guess I'll find out in a few days.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Thursday, September 07, 2017 - 12:28 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Hahahahaha, sounds like my VCR has most of those systems beat. I rarely lose a show I have recorded, I can watch them when the cable is out and I bet it is probably cheaper than the monthly cost of those other things LOL.

But I might have to consider TIVO.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Thursday, September 07, 2017 - 12:49 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Brenda, unless you have cloud storage that's just not true....

Jmm

08-15-2002

Thursday, September 07, 2017 - 3:26 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jmm a private message Print Post    
Tivo is the best, no cable necessary to view your recorded content. We've had at least one (and usually mulitple) Tivo's for many years.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Thursday, September 07, 2017 - 5:21 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Could anyone decipher this for me:

quote:

Time/date changes permitted at any time before each flight departure for a change fee of £150 or an upgrade fee of £150 plus any difference in fare. All sectors may be repriced. Changes subject to availability. Fees apply per ticket.

I might have to change a (direct) flight to a different day. It would be the same route and same economy (no upgrade). Does that mean I would have to pay a flat fee of £150 or would I have to pay £150 plus the difference in fare between the price I purchased it at and the advertised price of the fare on the new day?

Sugar

08-15-2000

Thursday, September 07, 2017 - 5:36 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sugar a private message Print Post    
You will have to pay as much as they can get away with charging you. I would suspect the £150.00 + differences.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Thursday, September 07, 2017 - 6:58 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
I got a response from BA; you're right. And it's even worse (or could be, depending on the fares at the time), they recalculate both segments, in and out, and you pay the difference to reach half that for each segment you change, even if you only change the cheaper segment.

Sigh.

Landileigh

07-28-2002

Friday, September 08, 2017 - 12:56 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Landileigh a private message Print Post    
actually Karuuna, when Comcast went to the Xfinity X1 system, it is all cloud based. If you change from an earlier X1 box to a new X1 box, all of you shows and schedules are still in the system. been there, done that. It worked BEAUTIFULLY!

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Friday, September 08, 2017 - 9:38 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    
I love it when Landileigh talks geek.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Saturday, September 09, 2017 - 9:51 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Landi... sorry, but they have been trying to get me to upgrade my old DVR for some time, and they have specifically told me that the shows will be gone.

I never had an X1 box. :-)

If you have an old box, (I do), it's not cloud based, and if/when you upgrade to X1, you will lose the shows on it. So we are both correct.

As I said, if your current box is not cloud-based, no luck. As you said, if you have X1 already, you're good.

Kmm

10-07-2005

Sunday, September 10, 2017 - 10:18 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kmm a private message Print Post    
Psst, Dipo...you are not alone, I still tape on a vcr, too

Dipo

04-23-2002

Sunday, September 10, 2017 - 1:18 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
hahahahahaha, kmm, I might buy another one for the living room.

Grooch

06-16-2006

Monday, September 11, 2017 - 2:44 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Grooch a private message Print Post    
New Question!

I have a new weed in the yard and I have never seen anything like it before. When it started growing, I thought it wss a rogue squash plant or something, do I leg it grow. It never got any blossoms, but I thought it was because it didn't get enough sun.

But a week or two ago it started getting tiny white flowers that don't amount to much. Now it has a sed pod that had these soft thorn like things on them.

The leaf is grape or maple leaf shaped. But it does have tendrils like a grapes do, but they are soft like a squash. Has anyone seen anything like this before?

Sorry, it's a horrible picture. I will have to try to get a better one later.

Abby7

07-17-2002

Monday, September 11, 2017 - 2:50 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Abby7 a private message Print Post    
Grooch, whatever it is...it's really pretty.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Monday, September 11, 2017 - 3:53 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
It looks a bit like wild cucumber

google image search

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Monday, September 11, 2017 - 4:17 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
It sure does!

I was afraid 😨 it was one of those Thetans that Scientology talks about.