TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through September 19, 2017

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: General Discussions: The "I don't know what thread to put this in" thread...: ARCHIVES: Archive through September 19, 2017 users admin

Kitt

09-05-2000

Tuesday, August 15, 2017 - 7:43 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
It's like saying Ash Wednesday is a holiday. The day has a name, and some people do specific things on that day, but it's not a public holiday that affects the country as a whole.

My guess is the company set up that notice up at the last proper holiday weekend and forgot to take it down. Even if they are a religious company and observe this one day, it's just on a Tuesday and wouldn't have been described as a "holiday weekend."

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Tuesday, August 15, 2017 - 8:02 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
There is no Canadian public holiday for the "Assumption of Mary". Trust me that I'd know if there was. I was in Toronto today and businesses were open and people were working.

(The last public holiday in Toronto was Monday August 7th. Before that it was July 1st.)

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Tuesday, August 15, 2017 - 8:12 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
After I ordered started to look around the web more. Now questioning customer service a little from what I saw. We'll see . . . .

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Tuesday, August 15, 2017 - 8:23 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I think Kitt may have pegged it in the second paragraph and that notice may be left over from August 7, which was a holiday and part of a holiday weekend seemingly across Canada.

Hope you get your item, Color.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Tuesday, August 15, 2017 - 8:31 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
Seemingly? August 7th was a holiday in Toronto. The company is based in Toronto. August 15th (or 14th) was not a holiday.

But feel free to google some more and do more research if for some reason you don't believe me. :-)

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Tuesday, August 15, 2017 - 8:48 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Jimmer, from that website, it listed August 7 with different names for various provinces.. Honestly I didn't check carefully to see if every single province and territory was included.

But the key point I was making is that Kitt is probably correct that the statement is left over from that long weekend.. Similar to when we sometimes see a statement on live feeds that is obsolete, or when you reach someone's voice mail that has a message saying the person will return by a time of date that has passed.

Sugar

08-15-2000

Tuesday, August 15, 2017 - 11:33 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sugar a private message Print Post    
I just realized it was my 17th Anniversary at TV Clubhouse!

I believe the gift for the 117th anniversary is furniture. I would like a new rocking chair.

Abby7

07-17-2002

Wednesday, August 16, 2017 - 1:30 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Abby7 a private message Print Post    
...only 100 more to go!

Sugar

08-15-2000

Wednesday, August 16, 2017 - 11:24 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sugar a private message Print Post    
Oops, typo 17th anniversary not 117th.

Denecee

09-05-2002

Wednesday, August 16, 2017 - 11:32 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Denecee a private message Print Post    
lol

Dogdoc

09-29-2001

Wednesday, August 16, 2017 - 2:08 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dogdoc a private message Print Post    
They just said on the local news that the March on Google in Pittsburgh has been cancelled.

It is being replaced by a Prayer for Peace at noon, Friday.

Yea

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Wednesday, August 16, 2017 - 2:49 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
Business in Toronto hadn't updated their e-mail. Holiday was weekend a week ago.

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Monday, September 04, 2017 - 5:37 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
Well known, but she's not a celebrity. Duchess of Cambridge is expecting no. 3. Am I late to the news?

Dipo

04-23-2002

Monday, September 04, 2017 - 10:45 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Nope, just announced it today, Color.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Saturday, September 09, 2017 - 5:51 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
I was reading in the paper today about the opening of a LGBTQ Community Center in Oakland. What I found fascinating was they said that Oakland was known as the Nations Lesbian Capital. I was LOL because I had never heard this before and had no idea Oakland was known this way.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Monday, September 11, 2017 - 4:29 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Oakland used to be the home of Mama Bear's bookstore until 2003. There was a solid community in and around Oakland. Never heard it called that.

http://www.sfgate.com/bayarea/article/Oakland-s-beloved-Mama-Bears-bookstore-reaches-2661344.php

Alice used to bring books 📚 and music to sell at Survivorship conferences .

I went there for her 65th birthday party after I was up in the area for Thanksgiving one year.

Ryn

07-13-2000

Monday, September 18, 2017 - 10:11 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ryn a private message Print Post    
Just wanted to say HI! Hope everyone is well! I think of TVCH many times during BB season and popped in on a lark tonight. Glad to see its humming right along. My best to everyone :-)

Jmm

08-15-2002

Monday, September 18, 2017 - 10:28 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jmm a private message Print Post    
Hi, Ryn, good to see you.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Monday, September 18, 2017 - 11:13 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
Hi Ryn!!! yep we are still here, its still the best place to be on the internet!!

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Tuesday, September 19, 2017 - 12:58 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Hey Ryn, good to see you!!

Ophiliasgrandma

09-04-2001

Tuesday, September 19, 2017 - 5:56 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ophiliasgrandma a private message Print Post    
Howdy, Ryn,

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Tuesday, September 19, 2017 - 6:04 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
Hey Ryn. It's always great when you stop by!

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Tuesday, September 19, 2017 - 9:00 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Hey Ryn... thanks for stopping by. Pull up a chair and stay for awhile!

Dipo

04-23-2002

Tuesday, September 19, 2017 - 5:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
New Q: Apparently 6 naval officers have been fired because of the ship crashes....I didn't think you could get fired from the Navy? Does this mean they were court-martialed, or just demoted and or something?

Anyone know?

Kitt

09-05-2000

Tuesday, September 19, 2017 - 8:14 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
According to this:

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/08/17/world/asia/fitzgerald-collision-investigation.html

the commanders face "nonjudicial punishment," which is described here:

http://www.usmilitarylawyer.com/military-non-judicial-punishment-article-15.asp

whereas if anyone is found to have done something wrong (instead of just neglectful) they would face court martial.