TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through August 15, 2017

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: General Discussions: The "I don't know what thread to put this in" thread...: ARCHIVES: Archive through August 15, 2017 users admin

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Saturday, July 15, 2017 - 9:11 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Just to add, the only think patients are to pay for, last I heard, were things like bridge tolls (not an issue here) and parking fees.

Personally, with a couple of hospitals where I use the free valet, I do tip them, but I consider that between me and the valets. I have a couple of patients who insist on tipping the valet, but that isn't necessary.

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Saturday, July 15, 2017 - 9:22 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    
I am betting Seamonkey would refuse a tip. The volunteers are doing it out of a sense of been there, done that, and it is a caring thing they can do to help others in the same situation they recovered from. It is also something that is a GREAT help to others.

Naja

06-28-2003

Saturday, July 15, 2017 - 11:02 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Thank you so much, Seamonkey. That is what I thought but DH and his son thought I was out of my mind, and I was beginning to think so too since they were pushing so hard that we are supposed to tip them since they are volunteers. That really is a load off my mind. Thank you.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Saturday, July 15, 2017 - 11:16 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
And no sneaking of money into a bag of puse!

I have had to fight people off.

One time there was a $5 Bill in the back seat, where the patient was sitting, as his wife went along and eat in front.

Next time, he gleefully mentioned leaving something.. And I said, yes, and I have to return it. He was 89 and cute.. I took him to radiation quite a few times.

Sugar

08-15-2000

Sunday, July 16, 2017 - 1:56 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sugar a private message Print Post    
It would be helpful if they provided that sort of information to the patient, no tipping the driver but to pay for tolls, parking, valet...

Sounds like a nice service. I don't recall hearing anything about it, however, my husband was able to drive me to chemo and I drove myself to radiation.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Sunday, July 16, 2017 - 3:13 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I would think they would provide guidelines to our patients, but as you know, once you hear "you have cancer", your brain sometimes freezes.

I have heard they send out a packet of stuff too.

They have rules about how much advance notice is required, stuff like that, as well.

I will email our contacts in Houston and see what they say.

Our service is called Road to Recovery. It might have a slightly different title in Canada, but they do have it there as well.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Sunday, July 16, 2017 - 3:51 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I have requested the rules ..

Ophiliasgrandma

09-04-2001

Monday, July 17, 2017 - 8:45 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ophiliasgrandma a private message Print Post    
Here's something over which to scratch your head:
http://www.bbc.com/news/health-40630852

Grooch

06-16-2006

Monday, July 17, 2017 - 8:53 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Grooch a private message Print Post    
Oh, my! It sounds like something I would do. Lol!

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Monday, July 17, 2017 - 11:50 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    
Aaaaaaiiiieeeeeee!!!

Dipo

04-23-2002

Thursday, July 27, 2017 - 5:34 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
I just saw a news teaser....some guy killed his wife on a cruise, I can't wait to see what cruiseline it was.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Thursday, July 27, 2017 - 5:48 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Holy crap, it was the Emerald Princess....on the way to Alaska. I guess it was a family vacation and the little kids ran out to get help. He was dragging her over to the balcony!!!

OMG, this is so weird. And apparently the cruise line was doing a murder mystery event at the time and the other passengers didn't know it was real at first.

Just amazing.

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Friday, July 28, 2017 - 5:08 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
The ship was in international waters so no state authorities involved. F.B.I.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Friday, July 28, 2017 - 12:48 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
moved to better place.

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Tuesday, August 01, 2017 - 11:04 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    
Dogdoc made this comment in Quick Questions thread of BB USA #19

quote:

I am old enough to remember when Noxzema was the only go to product for facial cleansing.

with regard to Jessica (and maybe Raven, not clear) taking three hours to put on her make-up.

I am not watching live feeds, but I am in absolute awe, or more like disbelief, at the level of sophistication teenaged girls these days have in applying make-up. I have a grand-niece who regularly appears (on Facebook) in make-up that makes her look like a hand-painted china doll.

I remember the Noxzema days as well. To this day my three years older sister will clean her face with nothing BUT Noxzema. I think that fad was fading by the time I began to get interested in make-up. Or I didn't have acne as bad as my sister.

Anybody else still using Noxzema?

Jmm

08-15-2002

Tuesday, August 01, 2017 - 11:27 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jmm a private message Print Post    
No but I miss the fact that my Cover Girl powder doesn't smell like Noxzema any more.

Ophiliasgrandma

09-04-2001

Wednesday, August 02, 2017 - 5:39 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ophiliasgrandma a private message Print Post    
Ah, the good old Noxzema days.

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Wednesday, August 02, 2017 - 6:10 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
Noxzema has almost perfect five-star rating on Amazon.

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Tuesday, August 15, 2017 - 3:26 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
Our xxxxperts are working on getting your order processed. Due to the holiday weekend in Canada, they will be processed in 3-4 business days, rather than the usual 1-2 business days).

I ordered something from Canada today. I'm in the U.S. Today (weekend?) is a Christian holiday in Canada. More than that / how long is it celebrated?

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Tuesday, August 15, 2017 - 3:58 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
https://www.timeanddate.com/holidays/canada/

Jmm posted this link in the holiday greeting thread.. Maybe it will help?

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Tuesday, August 15, 2017 - 5:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
Today isn't a Christian holiday. A week ago Monday was a holiday but that wasn't a Christian holiday either.

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Tuesday, August 15, 2017 - 5:22 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
I had found that holiday list too. Says today is a Christian holiday in Canada. The e-mail I got from the business said "holiday weekend". Wondering if it WAS a four-day holiday weekend and it's back to work tomorrow?

Abby7

07-17-2002

Tuesday, August 15, 2017 - 7:03 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Abby7 a private message Print Post    
I miss the calendar dh's dad used to send us from New Zealand. So many holidays. Dh also lived in Australia for 10 years (before coming here).....many holidays there too.

ETA I know..off topic.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Tuesday, August 15, 2017 - 7:09 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
I'm Canadian and today is not a Christian holiday in Canada where people aren't working (at least no where I know of). Where in Canada is this company located and what is the name of the holiday?

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Tuesday, August 15, 2017 - 7:17 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
Holiday according to above list is Assumption of Mary. Business headquarters is in Toronto.