TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through July 17, 2017

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: General Discussions: Free Expression...: Passings: ARCHIVES: Archive through July 17, 2017 users admin

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Sunday, April 23, 2017 - 6:46 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
Yes, she had alcohol and money issues.

Teachmichigan

07-22-2001

Sunday, April 23, 2017 - 7:41 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Teachmichigan a private message Print Post    
:-(

Ophiliasgrandma

09-04-2001

Monday, April 24, 2017 - 9:33 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ophiliasgrandma a private message Print Post    
Just read this at People Mag:
http://people.com/tv/happy-days-star-erin-moran-died-stage-4-cancer/

Cablejockey

12-26-2001

Monday, April 24, 2017 - 8:31 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cablejockey a private message Print Post    
Poor woman!She must have kept the cancer to herself.

Ketchuplover

08-30-2000

Tuesday, May 16, 2017 - 8:06 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ketchuplover a private message Print Post    
RIP Powers Boothe

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Tuesday, May 23, 2017 - 1:42 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
Roger Moore has died at age 89 and Dina Merrill at age 93.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Tuesday, May 23, 2017 - 3:33 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
They both had nice long lives. I confess I don't know too much about Dina Merrill so I looked her up and it sounds like she was an interesting woman.

As a kid, I loved Roger Moore in the James Bond movies. I think most boys wanted to be James Bond or The Saint.

Believe it or not, I watched one of his movies the other evening. It brought back fun memories for me of watching it when I was young.

Here's a nice article about him. It sounds like he was a nice person.

Remembering Roger Moore, the Man Who Saved James Bond
By Isaac Chotiner

Sir Roger Moore, who played James Bond for a dozen years in the 1970s and ’80s and proved that the series could thrive without Sean Connery, died Tuesday at the age of 89 ....

As someone who grew up obsessed with all things Bond, I made it my mission to one day interview both Moore and Connery. The latter is retired and no longer gives interviews; even before retiring, he was always prickly, especially when asked about the character with whom he will be forever identified. As for Moore, I tracked him down several years ago; we talked over the phone for twenty-five minutes or so. It might be the only time in my career that my recording of a conversation failed; I attribute it to anxiety about talking with a boyhood hero.

I did my best to think up some questions about Bond he had never been asked, and failed miserably. I could tell that he knew the answers to all my questions by heart, and yet he was nothing but patient and generous, recounting with seeming sincerity and energy stories I’d already read or heard. Several times he paused and took note of how lucky he had been: good health, nice kids, interesting women. I mentioned that Connery still seemed bitter about his Bond experience. Moore, who had a long friendship with Connery, didn’t exactly scold him but made clear that he found that attitude strange. Yes, Moore would always be identified with James Bond, and there were annoying paparazzi to deal with, and it could be tiresome always being asked to order a martini. And yet, he went on, how lucky have I been? I got to play the most famous character in film history, make lots of money doing it, and travel around the world in the prime of my life. Who has time to complain? I always thought this was an admirable answer, and all the more so from someone who showed real generosity in his charitable work.

more at the link ....

It's a nice remembrance.

http://www.slate.com/blogs/browbeat/2017/05/23/
obituary_for_james_bond_actor_roger_moore.html

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Tuesday, May 23, 2017 - 8:10 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
Dina Merrill also passed away today.

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Tuesday, May 23, 2017 - 8:26 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
Jimmer fabulous article thanks for sharing.

Naja

06-28-2003

Tuesday, May 23, 2017 - 8:49 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Roger was definitively my favorite James Bond. RIP

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Saturday, May 27, 2017 - 7:29 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Gregg Allman at 69

http://www.msn.com/en-us/music/news/gregg-allman-soulful-trailblazer-of-southern-rock-dies-at-69/ar-BBBAcDn?li=BBmkt5R&ocid=spartandhp

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Friday, June 09, 2017 - 10:44 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
Glenne Headly died yesterday at age 62. No cause of death reported.

Cass_cat

05-09-2011

Friday, June 09, 2017 - 11:28 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cass_cat a private message Print Post    
wow... that's young...

Abby7

07-17-2002

Friday, June 09, 2017 - 11:54 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Abby7 a private message Print Post    
She was a fav of mine. Loved her in "dirty rotten scoundrels". Sorry to hear it.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Saturday, June 10, 2017 - 12:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Hollywood Reporter‏Verified account
@THR
Adam West, straight-faced star of TV's 'Batman,' dies at 88 http://thr.cm/d6QiYo

Ophiliasgrandma

09-04-2001

Sunday, June 11, 2017 - 2:29 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ophiliasgrandma a private message Print Post    

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Sunday, June 18, 2017 - 4:56 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
Stephen Furst, known for St. Elsewhere and Animal House, died June 16 at age 63 due to complications from diabetes.

Ophiliasgrandma

09-04-2001

Sunday, June 18, 2017 - 5:16 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ophiliasgrandma a private message Print Post    
Didn't know his name but do recognize his face:

Naja

06-28-2003

Sunday, June 18, 2017 - 3:05 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
He was so lovable in Animal house as Flounder. RIP

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Sunday, June 18, 2017 - 3:13 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
I liked Animal House (of course, I was just a kid).

It was particularly funny in the closing credits when they showed the most notorious member of the group as a Senator.

Lyn

08-06-2002

Sunday, July 16, 2017 - 7:07 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lyn a private message Print Post    
Actor Martin Landau Dies

Dipo

04-23-2002

Sunday, July 16, 2017 - 7:10 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Oh no! I loved him on Mission Impossible.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Sunday, July 16, 2017 - 7:49 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
George Romero zombie movie legend

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Sunday, July 16, 2017 - 9:50 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
RIP Martin Landau. I was an extra in a Canadian film that he worked on in the 1980s. I'm glad I had that opportunity to meet him.

Ophiliasgrandma

09-04-2001

Monday, July 17, 2017 - 5:32 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ophiliasgrandma a private message Print Post    
I remember him and his ex-wife Barbara Bain from Mission Impossible years ago. Lovely couple on the show.