TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through August 03, 2017

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: General Discussions: The only Dumb question is the one not asked (Q&A): ARCHIVES: Archive through August 03, 2017 users admin

Roxip

01-29-2004

Wednesday, July 19, 2017 - 2:30 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
I was so disappointed when I traveled to Mexico and didn't get a stamp in my passport.

Chewpito

01-03-2004

Wednesday, July 19, 2017 - 7:19 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Chewpito a private message Print Post    
Dipo, I am afraid now to look at that show, although I want to. My Daughter just announced that her and her fiance are going to Cartagena Colombia, in October. Oh my goodness....I am a wreck. I went to one site and so many warnings... Zika, drugs, vandals, kidnapping... Why does she do this to me. Uggggg

Dipo

04-23-2002

Wednesday, July 19, 2017 - 7:41 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Well if you are not smuggling drugs and trying to exit the country on illegal documents you should be fine. It was amazing how many people they catch doing those things.

Sugar

08-15-2000

Wednesday, July 19, 2017 - 7:51 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sugar a private message Print Post    
I was bummed we didn't get many passport stamps in Europe many years ago. I did ask for one once and the gentleman did stamp it.

Treasure

06-26-2002

Wednesday, July 19, 2017 - 8:51 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Treasure a private message Print Post    
Dipo, aren't you in California? I am in Arizona. It is mandatory that I have my passport with me when I go to Mexico. I have crossed into Mexico in the last couple of years by way of that little corner where California, Arizona and Mexico come together. I parked my car on the US side and walked along the sidewalk to enter Mexico with no problem. However, the passport is needed to reenter the US.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Wednesday, July 19, 2017 - 9:03 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Yep I am in Ca, and I did have my passport when I went to Mexico, they just don't stamp them and I wanted a stamp.

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Wednesday, July 19, 2017 - 9:15 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    
Our passports are in San Francisco right now getting Brazilian visas. I get visas all the time, and many are a pain in the neck. Brazil requires somebody go in person and present the passport and complicated visa application. So not only do we pay $160 EACH for the Brazil visas, but I will probably end up paying $200 each for a private agency to personally take it to the embassy for me. What a racket.

I always just Google for whatever countries I will be visiting, but you are correct that if you book a group tour or use a travel agency, the agency will nag you to get a visa. And they will recommend their preferred visa agency, which probably gives a kickback to the travel agency.

The down side of international travel.

Oh, bloody hell, Dipo, I probably could have paid you $100 plus BART fare to take our passports and applications to downtown SF for us. I guess other people screw up their applications, so perhaps it is worth it to pay the big fees, but mine are pretty much perfect, so all I am actually paying for is somebody to transport it to the consulate.

Chewpito

01-03-2004

Wednesday, July 19, 2017 - 10:02 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Chewpito a private message Print Post    
Shoot, interesting stuff here. Maybe I should tell my Kid to get a visa too. She has a passport but not a visa. She travels a lot but this one has me more nervous (I don't know why) They don't do drugs or anything like that, no problem with that.
love all the info here.
Look forward to all your travel tips.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Wednesday, July 19, 2017 - 11:23 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Make sure she's got the required vaccinations, Chewpito.

Chewpito

01-03-2004

Thursday, July 20, 2017 - 1:09 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Chewpito a private message Print Post    
Yea, I am making a list of things. Thanks

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Thursday, July 20, 2017 - 8:39 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    
Visa not required by Colombia for tourist visits of no more than 90 day stay. Getting a visa for Colombia would just be a waste of money.

In checking on that info (I went to Travisa.com, agency that is getting my Brazil visa), I found that they recommend registering your visit with the U.S. Embassy in Colombia. I have never done that, bit it might be a good idea for a worried Mom whose kid is going to Colombia, Travisa charges $20 to do it for you, which likely means it is free and very little trouble to do it yourself. Just Google something like register Colombia tourist visit with U.S. embassy in Colombia.

Chewpito

01-03-2004

Thursday, July 20, 2017 - 10:06 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Chewpito a private message Print Post    
Thank you so much Juju and everyone else...I am copying these posts and sending them to my Daughter. I have told her that you all have some good thoughts and She also knows that TVCH has been in my life for ever' Just counted 14 yrs plus lurking time. Thank you, I enjoy the travel thread as well.
I must say though, I am content on my own land. I am in awe of all of you that go all over, but I have never had that urge. I live vicariously thru all your travels.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Friday, July 21, 2017 - 1:12 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
In our paper today, there was a big picture of a poppy pkant.. With a June bug on it!
Maybe they are pollinators?

Did you know they are also called May Beetles?

Dipo

04-23-2002

Friday, July 21, 2017 - 12:47 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
OMG, that is so funny Seamonkey...I never heard them called May Beetels tho.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Sunday, July 23, 2017 - 10:34 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Me neither.

Naja

06-28-2003

Tuesday, July 25, 2017 - 7:37 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Another question:

If someone has to walk around dragging an oxygen tank, can they get a handicapped parking permit?

Kitt

09-05-2000

Tuesday, July 25, 2017 - 7:49 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
It looks like it, Naja:

http://dor.mo.gov/motorv/placards/temporary.php

"The person uses portable oxygen." is a qualifying factor, and I think that must mean the oxygen tank.

Sorry about your hubby.

Naja

06-28-2003

Tuesday, July 25, 2017 - 7:52 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Thanks, Kitt :-)

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Tuesday, July 25, 2017 - 8:57 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Naja, that could help anyone who drives him with parking, too.. Go for it!

Dipo

04-23-2002

Wednesday, August 02, 2017 - 8:22 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
New Q: For some reason, old age maybe hahahahaha, I can't remember an actors name. He is older, gruff, does Westerns, has a white bushy mushtache and low voice. He always comes across as laid back, and I really like his acting. He has been in some Hallmark and Lifetime movies as the wise Dad/Neighbor.

It has been making me crazy that I see the face so clearly and can't remember the name. Anyone?????

Scooterrific

07-08-2005

Wednesday, August 02, 2017 - 8:30 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Scooterrific a private message Print Post    
Sam Elliot

Dipo

04-23-2002

Wednesday, August 02, 2017 - 8:40 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
THANK YOU, THANK YOU....All I could get was Sam and it was making me crazy.

Scooterrific

07-08-2005

Wednesday, August 02, 2017 - 8:44 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Scooterrific a private message Print Post    
He is one of my favorites, too. I enjoy him on Netflix series "The Ranch", but it's not for everyone.

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Thursday, August 03, 2017 - 4:57 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
And do you know who Sam's wife is? Katherine Ross -- Elaine, Mrs. Robinson's daughter in The Graduate.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Thursday, August 03, 2017 - 9:28 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
Wasn't she also in Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid?