TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through July 31, 2017

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: General Discussions: Free Expression...: Daily Poll: ARCHIVES: Archive through July 31, 2017 users admin

Abby7

07-17-2002

Saturday, July 29, 2017 - 1:58 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Abby7 a private message Print Post    
For now :

1. That packaging where the pills are secured in aluminum type layer. Then you have to punch it with your thumbs to get it out. I have scissors next to that box right now. Can't risk a broken thumb. Lol

2. Alum foil box and plastic wrap boxes. Even after I push the side holes in on side box wth my poor thumbs....it doesn't roll out right. Alum foil looks like tinsel before long. (I don't didn't open last roll...dh did and l loved it happened to him)

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Saturday, July 29, 2017 - 5:17 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
When you open catsup or salad dressings and they have that plastic seal after you take the cap off and it's a lift and pull thingy. Most of the time, they do not just lift and pull.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Saturday, July 29, 2017 - 7:33 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
The plastic clam shell packages that either break your scissors or cut your hand.

The plastic stuff stretched over the top of things like bottles of peroxide that have a tiny wider area you're meant to hold onto to pull it off, but you pull and pull at the tiny tab and nothing happens.

The big clear plastic seal around bottles where you pull at the tag and it's meant to open all the way down, but actually it tears horizontally, so you're left with a little bit torn off at the top and the rest still stuck around the bottle neck.

Bags of potato chips, cereal, where you're meant to pull the top apart until it opens and it never opens.

Boxes of food like cereal bars that have unnecessarily thick cardboard and no proper opening part, so you have to tear through what feels like inch thick cardboard.

Gidget

07-28-2002

Saturday, July 29, 2017 - 8:48 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Gidget a private message Print Post    
Juice boxes. No matter what I try I get a geyser.

Pippin04

10-26-2007

Sunday, July 30, 2017 - 7:36 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pippin04 a private message Print Post    
OMG all of the above!

Mack

07-22-2002

Sunday, July 30, 2017 - 7:43 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mack a private message Print Post    
Those hard clear plastic blister packs drive me nuts. I actually bought a pair of industrial strength scissors I keep in the kitchen to open those. I realize the manufacturer is trying to cut down on loss since these packs are usually used with small items but give me a break.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Sunday, July 30, 2017 - 10:53 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Most of the lift and pull thingys are impossible!

And most every thing mentioned above.

And the tiny applicators for liquid flea and tick meds that you are to somehow open and apply on a cat with pointy class and test who does NOT want that stuff anywhere near their neck. You need more than two hands.

However, while I deeply hate impossible packaging, I think of a longtime patient who had arm and shoulder amputated. He has opened my mind to how trivial my issues really are, as he has to cope with much more.

I also loathe pull tab openings which break off!!

Naja

06-28-2003

Sunday, July 30, 2017 - 11:00 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
As much as I like the newish dispenser box for 12 pack cans of soda, opening them is a pain. I don't know how many times I have pulled the whole end of the box completely off instead of just the dispenser part.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Sunday, July 30, 2017 - 11:05 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Is this something new in the past 5 years? I sit sodas in 2012, but the 12 packs at the time often allowed fans to roll out that end.

Definitely a design fail.

Naja

06-28-2003

Sunday, July 30, 2017 - 11:08 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Those are the ones I am talking about.

eta: like this
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_mdFhUT3hAsg/THv5bsBOLWI/AAAAAAAAFFE/
TfSymnBpj7Y/s1600/blog+soup+step+1.jpg

Sugar

08-15-2000

Sunday, July 30, 2017 - 1:49 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sugar a private message Print Post    
Yes, yes, yes to everything mentioned!

Really detest trying to wrestle an imodium out of its packaging. Honestly, if one needs an imodium, one NEEDS an imodium! I try to buy them in the plastic bottles but they are often out of stock.

I curse that tylenol killer each and every time something is difficult to open.

Let us not forget toys that are in boxes, in plastic, in another bit of harder plastic and twist tied onto cardboard.

I'm exhausted just thinking about trying to open something.

Lyn

08-06-2002

Sunday, July 30, 2017 - 2:22 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lyn a private message Print Post    
So many good ones already mentioned, I'm going to have to really think to add something new...

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Sunday, July 30, 2017 - 2:37 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
Sugar, I hear you about the immodium. I have IBS so it is my friend and I always try to buy the bottles because I need scissors to get those little pills out of the foil packs.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Monday, July 31, 2017 - 3:19 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
This question is prompted by a news article I just saw saying one in eight young people in the UK had never seen a cow, which is astonishing to me (where I came from you'd trip over one if you weren't careful). So...

How old were you when you first saw a cow?

Kitt

09-05-2000

Monday, July 31, 2017 - 3:19 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
I'm sure I was a baby, although of course my recollection of the event is somewhat flaky.

Lyn

08-06-2002

Monday, July 31, 2017 - 3:42 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lyn a private message Print Post    
Very very small...maybe five or so

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Monday, July 31, 2017 - 3:49 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
My parents used to drive to Nova Scotia every summer so I'm sure I saw some cows along the way. Probably 2.5 years.

My Uncle Jack (who was a wonderful Uncle) did his best to convince me that cows were horses and horses were cows when I was a little older. But I knew better.

Naja

06-28-2003

Monday, July 31, 2017 - 3:55 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
I was a baby. There are photos of me when I was a baby on my Great Grandparents' farm, and they had some cattle, so I am sure I was a baby when I saw my first cow. Knowing my great uncles, they probably sat me up on one.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Monday, July 31, 2017 - 4:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Early in my life...I was in Oklahoma there were cows everywhere that my grandparents lived, LOL.

Pippin04

10-26-2007

Monday, July 31, 2017 - 5:22 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pippin04 a private message Print Post    
very young, maybe 1 or 2. Went camping all my life and passed farms to get to the camp sites.

Sugar

08-15-2000

Monday, July 31, 2017 - 5:51 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sugar a private message Print Post    
I am among those that likely saw cows as a baby. I saw some yesterday.

My mom used to tell the story of her being very young, about 4 years old, on the farm and somehow managing to climb on the cow's back clutching a few ears of corn that she would throw for the cow to go get so she could have a ride for a few steps as she could not throw far.

The 2nd anniversary of her death was a couple weeks ago and I was talking to a sibling or two about that story and they said they never heard it or didn't remember. I was surprised, it is one of my fav Mom stories. She was a character.

Jmm

08-15-2002

Monday, July 31, 2017 - 7:24 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jmm a private message Print Post    
I've seen cows all my life growing up in a rural area of Kentucky. I remember when I was around 3 or 4 going to my great uncle's farm and wanting to ride the boy's horses. They weren't really suitable mounts for a small child so my uncle put a leading rope one of the old milk cows and lead me around the yard on her back. LOL

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Monday, July 31, 2017 - 9:23 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
Great question! When I was about three years old and my cousin Josh was about 5 years old our families jointly rented a farmhouse in the country. One day we were both swinging on the fence gate. The latch opened and these cows stampeded out and we were lucky as we were running and screaming back to the farmhouse that we weren't trampled. It scared me so bad it's actually my first memory.

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Monday, July 31, 2017 - 10:23 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    
I would guess between 1 and 2 weeks old, if a baby's eyes are open then. I was a healthy baby born to a young healthy mother in central Illinois, where at that time, the major livelihood was farming - corn, soybeans, hogs, cows. To this day, if you live in central Illinois, one must still be able to "talk corn." I think I can still "talk corn". And cows. And hogs. And soybeans.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Monday, July 31, 2017 - 11:42 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Well, not in D.C. or Detroit, but my great aunt and uncle still lived in their farm and I may have seen a cow there.

And certainly we saw them on our trips to visit family in Indiana, so maybe 5?

I probably saw Canadian cows on our first road trip from Detroit to Niagara Falls. Did they have bilingual moos?