TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through July 26, 2017

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: General Discussions: Free Expression...: Silly little gripes: Archive through July 26, 2017 users admin

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Monday, June 26, 2017 - 7:29 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
It is every home page.. I know better, but sometimes I get sucked in.. 😭😭

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Monday, June 26, 2017 - 7:34 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
The original girl says to me that she is really sorry. My response is you were very rude and have to learn you are not entitled to just do what you want.

I would say that it takes graciousness to accept an apology as well as to give one.

JMO

Pippin04

10-26-2007

Monday, June 26, 2017 - 8:34 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pippin04 a private message Print Post    
I agree with you Karunna if someone is sorry you should always accept an apology.

But these days sometimes saying "I am sorry" are just words and the person has to understand these words do not resolve everything if you do not mean them.

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Monday, June 26, 2017 - 9:09 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    
I got sucked in by the triplets today too. What a bunch of crap. For anybody who wants to know the end. They took some of these spit in a cup tests, which showed the girls are indeed identical triplets, and then more refined analysis came back with results showing they had differing amounts of percentages from various ancestors, which merely proved the tests are not reliable, since the three girls all had identical DNA. Most interesting thing in the article was that one of the girls could open the other girl's fingerprint locked computer because their fingerprints were almost identical as well. Other items of slight interest were that they all got pregnant at the same time, and each had a girl within weeks of each other. Then they all got pregnant again at the same time, and each had a boy. There! You are welcome. What will YOU do with your extra half hour.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Monday, June 26, 2017 - 10:45 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
ARRGH.. I also got sucked in by the triplets. Yesterday.

That went on forever.

One of them is married to Dr Phil's son, which is why they were in Dr Phil and on The Doctors.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Tuesday, June 27, 2017 - 6:52 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
maybe we should assign a story a day to each of us and come here and report hahhhaha jk!

Pippin04

10-26-2007

Thursday, July 06, 2017 - 12:52 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pippin04 a private message Print Post    
Ok, so this really bugs me.

Today at lunch we went to a restaurant for lunch, the restaurant was busy but there was an empty table on the patio. We asked for the table and were told no. That is a table for 3 and you are only 2. Now this was a small table in a corner and 3 people would not be comfortable there. And I get it, the restaurant needs to make money and they cannot have small groups sitting at half empty tables. So we were made to wait and we waited. Customers passed us because they knew the manager and got tables. Finally, I asked the manager why we could not sit at the table for 3. He said because it was for 3 and we were 2. Please understand this table is empty so nobody is making money. Then a group of 3 shows up. 3 big guys and they are given the table for 3. They look at the tiny table and say are you kidding and are given another table. The manager says fine you can have the table. We walked out and left. Before I left I asked if I was alone would I be allowed to sit at a table for 2?And yes they have tables for one because you can sit at the counter.

This is not the first time this has happened to us. The last time was a really hot day and we asked for the table under the umbrella. We were told no that is a table for 4 and we are only 2. I explained we did not want to sit in the sun and we were going to be the only people on the patio. She said too bad. The manager came out and the hostess explained my request and he said the patio is empty give her the table. We had walked away already. The hostess ran after us down the street we declined her offer and went elsewhere.

So here is my gripe, when did it become ok to not have any more customer service. You walk into a bank and there is staff everywhere but only one teller. The grocery store cashiers are talking past customers about their lives and not paying attention to the work. So many examples out there.

Thank you for letting me vent.

Sugar

08-15-2000

Thursday, July 06, 2017 - 3:21 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sugar a private message Print Post    
Pippin04, grrr, I would have walked away also. Probably not silently or without the phone #'s of the manager and corporate office. Yelp would likely have a very factual accounting of what had happened as well.

I become nearly apoplectic when workers are on their cell phones vs doing their jobs assisting customers. I can't count the # of times I have found waitresses hanging out in the restroom on their phones.

I have contacted businesses about lack of or poor staffing as well. Many have told me they are having trouble hiring. I remember how hard that can be from my management days when staffing was quite the challenge. However, my employees worked as they were supposed to or they were let go.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Thursday, July 06, 2017 - 5:53 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I would review them on Yelp. That is crazy.

Grooch

06-16-2006

Thursday, July 06, 2017 - 6:42 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Grooch a private message Print Post    
Pippin, your story reminds me of the Seinfeld episode where they all met at the Chinese restaurant to eat before going to the movies.

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Thursday, July 06, 2017 - 9:21 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
The Container Store in this area doesn't do a good job of staffing their registers. There are 8 registers. Six in one area and two in another. I was there around noon one day when one very slow clerk was working at the only open register. Looong line was forming. He was being extremely chatty with every customer. Sometimes you have to speed it up. More recently one clerk was working at the bay of four registers when line was growing. Finally another clerk came. I said something. She said two of the registers weren't working. OK. What about the other FOUR registers????

Landileigh

07-28-2002

Friday, July 07, 2017 - 12:05 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Landileigh a private message Print Post    
I found it is more of a robot response. No one knows or has the authority to make a decision. The table is for 3, you aren't 3. That is all they see. They can be high school graduates who have had algebra, geometry, calculus... etc. But the register had to tell them what the change is. NO CRITICAL THINKING! Like computers. I do this task, then that task, then the third task. If you switch the tasks the system blows up!

Bob2112

06-12-2002

Friday, July 07, 2017 - 7:33 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Bob2112 a private message Print Post    
Speaking of change. I've noticed a few months ago that more often than not when I pay for something under $5 with a $20, I get back three $5 bills instead of a $10 and a $5.

Is there a shortage of $10 bills?

Is it because Hamilton is so popular?

At least it's not fifteen $1, although that did almost happen once when the register had no $5 or $10. Luckily I had a few singles and took my $20 back.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Friday, July 07, 2017 - 7:53 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Gosh, I have to ASK for smaller bills.. Usually getting cash while paying with a credit card and cash back is $10, $20, etc.

I use dollar bills to pay each time I go to my singing group, or But a bottle of water at Curves, and when I use valet parking at hospitals.. So I always need a stash of dollar bills.

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Friday, July 07, 2017 - 8:14 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    
Seamonkey, you can go into your bank and ask for a bundle of however many $1 bills you need. They will give you NEW dollar bills, the downside of which is they sometimes stick together. I always do this before a trip overseas where dollar bills are usually accepted by service people. People in foreign countries, especially South America, seem to want only unmarked perfect bills if they take American currency at all. I generally use the local currency when I travel, but sometimes it is just convenient to have a stack of dollar bills for tips as oppose to a pocketful of heavy local coins.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Friday, July 07, 2017 - 9:22 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
So far I have been able to get dollars.

In fact I have gotten he valets to exchange for me.

Dogdoc

09-29-2001

Tuesday, July 25, 2017 - 1:20 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dogdoc a private message Print Post    
I went to my favorite hardware store this afternoon.

I found a Taylor wired/indoor and outdoor thermometer.

I wasn't sure how to set it up so I went over to a 'help desk.'

The woman there was fairly new. I asked her how I would set it up. She said "There are instructions, didn't you read them?"

I said the print on the back of the box was was too small for me to read.

She looked on the back of the package and said "The instructions are inside" and set the package down.

There is no way to get into those factory sealed plastic packages to get to directions.

I told her I would look for somebody else. She couldn't care less.

The next clerk knew all about it and now I know how to use it.

I hate to be insulted by someone who is supposed to be there to help!

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Tuesday, July 25, 2017 - 2:11 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
One of the main reasons you go to a local hardware store is for their expertise and personal touch. The woman who wouldn't help is letting both you and the store down.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Tuesday, July 25, 2017 - 2:12 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
I hope you mentioned it to her manager.

Dogdoc

09-29-2001

Tuesday, July 25, 2017 - 4:01 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dogdoc a private message Print Post    
I will give her another chance. She has not been there long.

I am in that store almost every day. Everybody else is nice.

It is the kind of store where the owners are out on the floor all the time, working.

Pippin04

10-26-2007

Tuesday, July 25, 2017 - 5:21 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pippin04 a private message Print Post    
But it is a help desk. They should be helping. I would return to the store but avoid her until she has more experience.

Dogdoc

09-29-2001

Wednesday, July 26, 2017 - 5:40 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dogdoc a private message Print Post    
Thank you Jimmer, Dipo and Pippin.

This person is a middle aged lady.

Nobody is scheduled to work at the help desk, it is just a small area that they are in and out of.

I agree Pippin, I can always find somebody else to ask.

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Wednesday, July 26, 2017 - 10:24 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
I learned all Ace Hardware Stores don't have "helpful hardware men". The Ace across the street from me certainly does. The Ace not far from me in the neighboring town does NOT.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Wednesday, July 26, 2017 - 11:23 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
I love my Ace helpful hardware men, my store is great and within a mile of me. Boy, Colordeaguea I wish mine was across the street, that would be fabulous.

Dogdoc

09-29-2001

Wednesday, July 26, 2017 - 1:50 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dogdoc a private message Print Post    
My hardware store is family owned, but it is a large store. Rollier's Hardware. Mt. Lebanon PA