TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through July 16, 2017

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: General Discussions: Free Expression...: Daily Poll: ARCHIVES: Archive through July 16, 2017 users admin

Grooch

06-16-2006

Wednesday, July 12, 2017 - 5:12 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Grooch a private message Print Post    
I checked out Amazon when the sale first started and I didn't see anything that interested me. Then I decided not to look again because I figured I would end up buying things I didn't really want or need. So, I saved money that way. :-)

Teachmichigan

07-22-2001

Wednesday, July 12, 2017 - 6:36 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Teachmichigan a private message Print Post    
Got one movie ("Hidden Figures") for $8. Also bought a Kindle book - not on sale - but it qualifies me for 40% of my next book if I order by July 25. Since I was debating between a couple of Kindle books, I'll definitely be using the discount.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Thursday, July 13, 2017 - 10:20 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I actually did this year!

I ordered an 8" Fire. . I hate the 7" size. And cover.

And a 23and me can kit that was $99 off.

Rosie

11-12-2003

Thursday, July 13, 2017 - 10:23 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rosie a private message Print Post    
no. i don't shop amazon

Pippin04

10-26-2007

Thursday, July 13, 2017 - 1:22 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pippin04 a private message Print Post    
nope nothing

Mak1

08-11-2002

Thursday, July 13, 2017 - 7:59 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mak1 a private message Print Post    
I forgot about it when the actual date finally arrived! So, no.

Teach, I loved "Hidden Figures"!!

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Thursday, July 13, 2017 - 9:18 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    
No, I occasionally shop Amazon, as they often have the best prices other than eBay, and their stuff can be returned, but I don't have Prime. Did this sale require having Prime? What I usually do, since I already have way too much "stuff" is put things in my cart until I qualify for free shipping.

Jmm

08-15-2002

Thursday, July 13, 2017 - 9:26 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jmm a private message Print Post    
I didn't, but Dra did.

Juju, I find that with all my grandkids just my free shipping on my Christmas gifts more than pays for my Prime account every year. LOL

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Thursday, July 13, 2017 - 11:42 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
It was for prime.

The tablet is going back, the pet water station is in use and I will do the DNA test.

I also got my order from the day before.. 2 great little step stools that fold flat. One for the house, one for the car. I will bring it to the grocery so I can reach the @#$%& back of the @#$& top shelf where they moved my favorite yogurt.

I really lucked out.. They were all to be delivered by 8pm.

I had to pick up a patient at 11:10, take her to her oncologist, then to Del Taco and home, then get to Curves until 1pm, then go to a lecture at 2pm til 3:30, then grab dinner on the way home but was worried about the possibility of stolen pzckages..

The got delivered just before I left!

Wargod

07-16-2001

Friday, July 14, 2017 - 12:22 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Wargod a private message Print Post    
Like Jmm, I do quite a bit of my holiday and birthday shopping on Amazon. While most books I buy are ebooks, I still buy print books and ordering from Amazon is easier than going to Palmdale to B&N. We also rent most of Caleb's textbooks from them. What I save in free shipping more than makes up for the cost of Prime. But, since cutting cable, we also watch tv shows and movies from Amazon. Some you still have to pay for, but there is quite a bit for free through Prime, too.

Having said that, I totally agree if you atent ordering on a regular basis or using the other Prime features, the price for Prime isn't all that worth it. I've actually found better deals on Amazon on their "deals of the day" and lightening deals than Prime day and what is it...12 days of Christmas? deals. Not sure if you have to have Prime or not for the lightening deals though.

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Friday, July 14, 2017 - 8:18 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    
I spend most of my time in the grocery store getting things down from top shelves for people. Okay, not most of the time, but usually once a trip I will come across somebody who does not have a small flat folding stool with them. I suppose there will come a day when all the shoppers have small stools, and I shall be out of a job.

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Saturday, July 15, 2017 - 10:51 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
I buy a ton of things on Amazon but there was nothing on Prime day that I needed or wanted.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Saturday, July 15, 2017 - 10:58 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
I do buy stuff on Amazon, but don't have prime, didn't even look, LOL.

Jmm

08-15-2002

Saturday, July 15, 2017 - 5:57 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jmm a private message Print Post    
LOL Juju, you are the very person that my 5'2" self looks for in the store.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Saturday, July 15, 2017 - 6:15 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
And my 5'0" self.. but with this little stool, I can just get things myself. The stool is 11".

What gets me is that they put the light kitty litter on the top shelf, but those are still pretty heavy to be grabbing at the tips of your fingers and then there is no way to get the one farther back on the shelf.

Jmm

08-15-2002

Saturday, July 15, 2017 - 6:45 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jmm a private message Print Post    
Funny Melodie story - We were in Target and I needed something from the top shelf and neither of us could reach it so I asked a tall gentleman if he would get it for me. I thanked him and after he walked off Melodie said that it was very nice of him. I told her that people were always nice about helping me reach things that were too high. She just looked an me and said, "It's probably because of your scary aura, Grandma".

I'm not sure exactly what a scary aura is but Mel seems to think I have one. LOL

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Saturday, July 15, 2017 - 8:49 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    
Seamonkey, the image of you and the little stool in the grocery store is just adorable.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Saturday, July 15, 2017 - 11:13 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Good grief what in the world is the kitty litter doing on the top shelf! It could kill someone coming down off the shelf, LOL.

I just had Chewy.com deliver some kitty litter, so nice that the fed ex man carries it up the stairs for me, LOL.

Teachmichigan

07-22-2001

Sunday, July 16, 2017 - 6:39 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Teachmichigan a private message Print Post    
Prime is so worth it in this house - I buy some kitchen items, tons of books for school, birthday items, etc. I love that with the video feature I can sometimes avoid having to pay for movies I show in my class, too.

As to being short in the store- I climb the shelves! Usually only stepping on the bottom one so as not to take a chance, but I do that ALL the time! Once in a very great while, if I really need something that a one-shelf step-up won't cure, I'll hang out until a tall person comes by, but I bet it's only once or twice a year! LOL

In my kitchen, my dad and I made a 4' section of cabinetry that is 6" lower than the other sections so I could have a place to do things like chop, roll out pizza crust, etc. and be comfortable! It's the only section with a granite top, and I ADORE it!! (We have 2 columns of deep drawers under the granite, so it's a rather useful little section on my kitchen.)

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Sunday, July 16, 2017 - 1:37 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Your home is really lovingly built, as I remember from pictures, Teach!

If something is climbable, I do climb, but the open cold dairy shelves at Ralph's don't accommodate that. At Albertsons, there is a failing thing in front and I certainly use that, but the other day it was wobbly.

I have my little stool, folded flat, in the car with my bags, so it will be easy to bring in.

I also am well aware that falling is never a good thing as we age, so better safe than sorry.

Sugar

08-15-2000

Sunday, July 16, 2017 - 1:52 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sugar a private message Print Post    
Conversely, I have to ask for help if something is pushed back too far, especially on a bottom shelf. My knees and I have an agreement, I won't try to bend them when they won't bend and they won't make me scream in pain.

I am average height but have assisted others shorter than I am with things they could not reach.

Jmm

08-15-2002

Sunday, July 16, 2017 - 2:15 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jmm a private message Print Post    
Even at 5'2" I get to help occasionally. I get to help people who are riding the motorized carts.

Teachmichigan

07-22-2001

Sunday, July 16, 2017 - 7:06 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Teachmichigan a private message Print Post    
, Sea.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Sunday, July 16, 2017 - 7:47 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I often leap up and get doors for people pushing wheelchairs or walkers, so I feel fairly useful.

😜

Sugar

08-15-2000

Sunday, July 16, 2017 - 10:18 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sugar a private message Print Post    
I originally started coming to TV Clubhouse in 2000, (Wow), as I was a Big Brother fan. Season 1 was my favorite and I watched BB for several seasons but have not watched in many years. I found far too many cast members distasteful and the show no longer interested me. It does, however, remain a popular show.

My question:

Did you originally join TV Clubhouse because you were/are a Big Brother fan and do you still watch Big Brother?