TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through July 12, 2017

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: General Discussions: Free Expression...: Daily Poll: ARCHIVES: Archive through July 12, 2017 users admin

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Thursday, July 06, 2017 - 11:55 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Last received

That's great! Thank you!

From daughter of a patient.. She lives hours away, but arranged things for him.

Ah but just now got this in answer to my last sent.

👍

Her thumbs up emoji faced the other way..

Naja

06-28-2003

Thursday, July 06, 2017 - 11:59 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Last received. It's from the kid that mows my lawn now that DH is sick. He wanted to mow the lawn 2 days early. I said no and he wrote this:

"Ok I just had to buy a new phone and I wasn't trying to be all the way broke til this weekend but ok that's cool"

Dipo

04-23-2002

Thursday, July 06, 2017 - 12:45 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
LOL, no clue, I delete them right away, and I don't text often. It was maybe last Thursday.

Wargod

07-16-2001

Thursday, July 06, 2017 - 3:50 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Wargod a private message Print Post    
'Kota's on her way with spaghetti."

Sent last night. Caleb is pet sitting and the last few nights he has spent the night because people are still setting off fireworks and the dogs been freaking out. Sent me a text last night saying he should have eaten first because spaghetti sounded good. Dakota was nice and offered to ttake him some.

Sugar

08-15-2000

Thursday, July 06, 2017 - 4:33 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sugar a private message Print Post    
Sent: "I hear you have a new car, good for you. Send pictures."

Received: "u bringing lunch?"

Would much rather have rec'd a text saying someone was bringing me spaghetti.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Thursday, July 06, 2017 - 5:09 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
Yes I like the spaghetti one too.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Thursday, July 06, 2017 - 5:48 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Me too!!!

A text promising spaghetti would be golden!!

Jmm

08-15-2002

Thursday, July 06, 2017 - 6:14 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jmm a private message Print Post    
Bailey and I text conversations apparently. LOL

Received: "That's fine we won't leave till 6 or 6:30. Hope you aren't getting sick of her 😂 I really appreciate you being willing to take her when she doesn't feel like going to things. She just likes being at home like you 😁 And I go stir crazy 😜
Did you see Jax' new cast? He was so excited. The doc said everything looks good and he can have it off in 3 weeks but they didn't have an appointment open until 4 1/2 weeks. I figure extra time in it won't hurt!"

Sent: "Tell Jaxon I think his new cast is really cool. Who knew they'd have camo. LOL Glad they said everything looks good.

Yeah, Mel and I are basically two peas in a pod when it comes to leaving the house. LOL"

Mak1

08-11-2002

Thursday, July 06, 2017 - 7:29 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mak1 a private message Print Post    
Sent: "You may have started meds sooner."
Received: "Hope so."

(Daughter sick with scarlet fever and strep throat!)

Jmm

08-15-2002

Thursday, July 06, 2017 - 7:57 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jmm a private message Print Post    
Mak1, I hope she feels better soon.

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Thursday, July 06, 2017 - 10:35 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    
Mak1, Scarlet fever??? I thought that was long gone.

Most recent text was probably to say, "Please take me off the group texts and replies. I still have a plan to pay by the text."

I have a winter Texan friend who is an inveterate texter (and a lovely, wonderful person), but when she texts to 14 people, all 14 of whom reply to ALL, and they reply to all, and they reply to all, she can exhaust my text allotment pretty quickly.

Wargod

07-16-2001

Friday, July 07, 2017 - 12:57 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Wargod a private message Print Post    
Ugh on the strep throat (and the scarlet fever!) Only person I've known who had scarlet fever was Darren's little nephew when he was going through chemo and he was susceptible to everything at that time. I believe that was also hand in hand with strep throat for him too.

It's funny that you asked the question when you did, Jimmer. I have days where my texts are non-stop and most are along the lines of, "Ok," "No," "See you then." Just so happened last night and this morning I'd gotten no texts and the spaghetti one was last. Tonight I'm back to lots of texts, the last one being, "Ok, I'll have Kota stop and get the drugs tomorrow." LOL. Sis had to take my oldest niece to the doctor tonight (she missed a spot on both legs with sunscreen and ended up with terrible blisters,) they prescribed antibiotics and cream, and sis said she was going to drop off the rx in the morning and pick up the meds at lunch, and could Kota swing by and get them when she picks niece up from school.

Juju, Darren's work cell is awful for that very reason. People respond to group texts (and they work 3 shifts so respond at all times) and his phone chimes constantly. He's told his swing and graveyard people to call if they need something immediately because at night when he's trying to sleep he has to shut the notifications off of text messaging or it keeps him up all night.

Heckagirl631

09-08-2010

Friday, July 07, 2017 - 6:03 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Heckagirl631 a private message Print Post    
Rec'd was: Tracfone: Ringtones 99 cent sale

Sent was: Thank you. To you, too.

I believe that one was about Father's Day.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Friday, July 07, 2017 - 8:00 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
After I answered this, I actually texted back and forth about BB and other stuff with a friend who reads here.

Those were in sentences with real words.

The thumbs up was from a Vietnamese speaker with some English.

Wow, scarlet fever?? My mom had that we a kid but that was literally almost a century ago.

Mack

07-22-2002

Friday, July 07, 2017 - 9:23 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mack a private message Print Post    
There is no vaccine for scarlet fever. We hear about less often today because of antibiotics and early treatment of strep infections but it has not been eliminated.

Littlebreeze

02-18-2001

Friday, July 07, 2017 - 10:17 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Littlebreeze a private message Print Post    
Sent: Are you picking it up today?

Received: No, next week.

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Friday, July 07, 2017 - 10:25 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
Here are the last two messages I sent hubby today:

You butt dialed me twice in the last two minutes not sure you know that. I called Nino and let him know that you've been butt dialing me this morning. Knock it off thanks.

If you're actually trying to reach me call me on the home phone because clearly it's not working on the cell.

(He works with his brother Nino)

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Friday, July 07, 2017 - 10:33 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
The last text I received was from a TVCHer, my pal, and former neighbour, Deanofwords who dropped by my place this morning:

Ok heading to Subway.

And I replied:

Ok. C U soon.

Mack

07-22-2002

Friday, July 07, 2017 - 10:53 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mack a private message Print Post    
Just received and my reply.

Received: You should be receiving a package from us today. Thank you!

Reply: Thank you? For what?

Now the text came from our friends in Atlanta and they're great but it's not like we've done anything particularly special with or for them recently. Nice gesture but makes me wonder if they text the right people. ?????

Mak1

08-11-2002

Friday, July 07, 2017 - 1:55 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mak1 a private message Print Post    
Thanks, Jmm. Scarlet fever usually doesn't strike adults, so it's strange she has it. She started an antibiotic soon for the strep.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Friday, July 07, 2017 - 9:25 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
My mom also managed to have a rare case of malaria in Indiana in the 1920s.

Mak1

08-11-2002

Sunday, July 09, 2017 - 7:49 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mak1 a private message Print Post    
That must have been shocking, Seamonkey!

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Sunday, July 09, 2017 - 7:53 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I gather it was.. a picture taken at the time has her looking pale and sickly and she could never be a blood donor.. If course until she was older she probably didn't weigh enough to donate blood, anyway.

Mack

07-22-2002

Wednesday, July 12, 2017 - 4:06 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mack a private message Print Post    
Did you buy anything from Amazon during their Prime Days sale? No major purchases in our house but I bought some jeans I was already shopping for and saved an additional 30%.

Wargod

07-16-2001

Wednesday, July 12, 2017 - 4:42 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Wargod a private message Print Post    
Ordered mom a stun gun (she bought it.) Wasn't a prime day sale, at least not that I saw, she just happened to ask me to do it today.

I checked the sales out a couple times today, but didn't see anything I was actually planning on buying so nothing tempted me. Oh, there were some deals on books (print and ebooks) but since my to read pile is a mile high, I decided not to get anything else right now, lol.