TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through June 26, 2017

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: General Discussions: Free Expression...: Silly little gripes: Archive through June 26, 2017 users admin

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Friday, May 12, 2017 - 12:58 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
I was just out walking the dog on this beautiful warm day. Came to a long residential driveway. One car parked in the driveway . . . across the public sidewalk?! I do NOT get it. Why??? A whole long driveway, but car is parked across the sidewalk. Two women were outside at the front door talking. I motioned about the car. They motioned walk around. NO. I didn't. They moved the car.

Years ago I saw a young woman with a very elderly couple walk by in front of my condo building. The young woman was pushing the elderly man in a wheelchair. Elderly woman was walking behind with a walker. What if they had come to a car blocking a driveway? Not an easy go-'round at all for them.

Scooterrific

07-08-2005

Friday, May 12, 2017 - 1:10 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Scooterrific a private message Print Post    
People don't think.

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Friday, May 12, 2017 - 9:14 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    
Very odd.

Abby7

07-17-2002

Saturday, May 13, 2017 - 8:14 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Abby7 a private message Print Post    
It is odd. Color...what would you have done if they didn't move the car?

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Saturday, May 13, 2017 - 8:38 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
Would have walked up closer to the women and talked to them. Asked them WHY . . . ?????????????

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Monday, May 15, 2017 - 3:56 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
Or I might have walked around in front of the car (as opposed to around in back of it) and then walked very obviously across the front yard instead of walking around the car near it. The women might have then asked / thought WHY I did that?

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Monday, May 15, 2017 - 11:17 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
People also don't care along with not thinking.

Dogdoc

09-29-2001

Monday, May 15, 2017 - 2:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dogdoc a private message Print Post    
I went for my Medicare Wellness check-up a couple of weeks ago.

I got a copy of the bill today. Most of it was covered.

What bothers me is while I was getting the exam the doctor said I should get an ear flush, both ears.

The PA came in and flushed both ears. It took about two minutes. The bill was $145.00 dollars. The bill calls it 'impacted wax' but there was not much wax in either ear.

That fee seems excessive to me.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Monday, May 15, 2017 - 2:42 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Is that what they billed, or what they got? There can be a huge difference.

Dogdoc

09-29-2001

Monday, May 15, 2017 - 3:08 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dogdoc a private message Print Post    
Seamonkey, it looks like they got that amount.

The bill was Office visit 425.00

Personalized Prevention Plan $339.00

Cerumen removal $145.00

Medicare payed for all but $38.06

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Monday, May 15, 2017 - 10:05 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Wow.

Pippin04

10-26-2007

Wednesday, May 24, 2017 - 4:21 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pippin04 a private message Print Post    
So last night we were invited to a restaurant opening. We are invited to some of the openings but not all. They like to have a young fresh crowd, we are not young but we do a lot on social media so the restaurant knows they will get great work from us. Not so much from the youngsters they invite.

The event started at 6, so we showed up just after 6. I like to photograph the restaurants empty and then full. The event is not assigned seating for dinner. So we look around and decide where we want to sit and hang out in that area.

As people arrive we notice they are putting jackets on chairs to save seats. Not large amounts of seats just one or two. This is acceptable as they are not reserving large tables but just seats and they arrived on time.

So we do the same I place my sweater on my seat to reserve the pair of seats for the two of us and I am standing about five feet away. I am talking to people and having a good time and my hubby says he has to make a call so I say I am going to sit.

I turn around and someone is in my seat (all the tables were for 8 people) and a group of 8 friends are sitting there. My sweater is tossed aside. As the place is now full there are very few seats left. So I pick up my sweater and turn to the person sitting in my chair and say you are in my seat. She says she is not. I tell her my sweater was there and she just tossed it aside. She says oh yeah I did not know but there are other seats.

So I asked her why she thinks she is so entitled that she can just do what she wants and I told her she was excessively rude and I walk away. I take one of the only seats left but it is beside them. I text my hubby we had to move and why. One of her friends decides to talk to me as she is very upset I called her out. The friend says she did not mean anything by taking the seat.

I just looked at him and said she tossed my stuff aside, who does that. What would you do if someone did that to you. He said that he was sorry and I told him that was fine but it is not acceptable to just do what you want. They have to learn that. The original girl says to me that she is really sorry. My response is you were very rude and have to learn you are not entitled to just do what you want.

So she decides to leave and her friends are angry at me. They tell me the seat is now free and I can take it. I politely explain I have a new (really crappy) seat and it is not the point. I do not want the seat, I want them to understand they have to respect others and not just think of themselves. They said you got what you wanted, I said yes I did I wanted the person who moved my sweater to think before she did this again.

So my question is this, am I nuts or is it just acceptable to toss stuff aside if you want a seat?

Robinm

01-31-2006

Wednesday, May 24, 2017 - 9:43 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Robinm a private message Print Post    
I believe you were correct in what you did. Parents do not teach their kids about respect anymore. They were never taught to not touch things that aren't theirs. I tell this to my kids all the time when they complain about it. Young people think they are entitled to do whatever they want. They don't like to be told no, because they never have been.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Wednesday, May 24, 2017 - 9:53 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
In fairness, it's not just young people who engage in this sort of behavior and it's nothing new. I've seen older people do similar things as well.

Anyway, it's good you stood up for yourself, but I wouldn't focus on the fact that they happened to be younger.

Naja

06-28-2003

Monday, June 19, 2017 - 10:22 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
I tried to hire a girl to come in and clean once a week. She was supposed to be here Saturday to give me an estimate, and she never showed up. So I gave her another chance to be here at 5 pm on Sunday, she never showed up again. I guess the job market out there must be better than I thought.

Sugar

08-15-2000

Monday, June 19, 2017 - 12:13 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sugar a private message Print Post    
I had that happen with one person, another person came once or twice and then didn't show up or return calls.
Fortunately, I have a good service that I have used for the last, goodness, it is be 5 or 6 years now.

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Monday, June 19, 2017 - 7:47 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    
Naja, are you on NextDoor (nationwide message board with just your neighbors localized for you)? That can be a very good place to post a request for what you want. If you say why you need somebody, you might also get many more kind offers.

Oh! And during the summer, you might also get a student assistant who would be willing and able to both clean and help with the pets.

Wishing you strength and good help.

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Monday, June 19, 2017 - 7:59 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
Just saw that kind of post in my area on NextDoor. Someone looking for individual(s) for cleaning -- not for big cleaning service company.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Monday, June 26, 2017 - 7:52 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
Does anybody else despise it when you click on a story on your yahoo home page and it is a slideshow or you have to click "next" or something? Usually my computer locks up and I have to reboot, plus it is just so darned annoying!

Dogdoc

09-29-2001

Monday, June 26, 2017 - 8:14 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dogdoc a private message Print Post    
Roxip, not on Yahoo but on MSN.

I must have spent half an hour trying to find out what happened in the Triplet's DNA test.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Monday, June 26, 2017 - 8:35 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
Or why the mom returned after 20 years...I usually give up before I get to the end of the story.

Dogdoc

09-29-2001

Monday, June 26, 2017 - 8:43 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dogdoc a private message Print Post    
And the answer is always so stupid.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Monday, June 26, 2017 - 10:39 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
hahahaha, so glad to know this because I gave up clicking on them since they never really have a story.

Rosie

11-12-2003

Monday, June 26, 2017 - 10:43 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rosie a private message Print Post    
absolutely roxip. i click on the cute animals and even those are fake news

Pamy

01-01-2002

Monday, June 26, 2017 - 6:37 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
I read the comments first and if people are saying its a bunch of clicks/slideshow I dont even look at it