TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through June 28, 2017

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: General Discussions: Meal Delivery, Cooking Kits - Costs, reviews, etc.: Archive through June 28, 2017 users admin

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Tuesday, June 20, 2017 - 11:18 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Fennel is good for you, I gather. But it has an anise flavor which I don't care for. Should be fine.

With no working freezer, I couldn't handle a big order like that, but it looks like you have a nice stock of good meals.. And Charlie has a fresh box!!

Dipo

04-23-2002

Tuesday, June 20, 2017 - 12:51 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Do you have to freeze them Rosie? Or will they last the week in the fridge.

Sounds yummy. Maybe Salmon is next week, LOL, I know I thought I had ordered some things and when I went back to the site saw that they were for different weeks.

You will get good use out of the ice packs, LOL, I have been taking one to bed with me every night with our heat wave.

Rosie

11-12-2003

Tuesday, June 20, 2017 - 1:53 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rosie a private message Print Post    
dipo, you made me laugh so hard that i started coughing (taking one to bed . . .)

it is in the 100's here too so i do understand

are you asking about the meals or the cooling packs?

the meals said to use within 2 days so to the freezer they went

they also said to eat the fish first

i don't see any instructions so guess i just heat whatever i want

if you meant the cooling packs - the freezer won't hurt them so to the freezer they went.

not sure i will continue on with munchery or not

i have someone that comes in every day now so don't really need munchery.

i am looking forward to the taste test for us!

Dipo

04-23-2002

Thursday, June 22, 2017 - 11:22 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
So I got Munchery....I cancelled Blue Apron because I have so much food in the freezer and tried Munchery because it has been so hot I can't cook. So far so good, the food is excellent. I had a Chicken Burrito Bowl with Quinoa....the chicken was excellent, the guac extremely good!, corn and black beans very good, but I don't seem to care for Quinoa or Kale, hahahahaha. So even tho it was good, I won't order it again.

I followed Rosie's path and put the steaks into the kitchen and I have skipped the next deliver. Bummer tho because it had Salmon and I have been wanting some.

Rosie, do you think it is sort of expensive. I figure it is $60 for 4 (single serving) meals which works out to $15 per. With Blue Apron, it was 3 meals (for two) for $60.

I need to do some cooking next week to clean out the cupboards so to speak.

One thing I have to say, I am eating a lot more healthy and the meals are really good and satisfying, so that part is nice.

It would be nice if Munchery would offer their meals delivered twice a week since you have to use them within 2 days.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Thursday, June 22, 2017 - 11:24 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Oh and now I have even more Nordic Ice packs, at least the Munchery ones are smaller size, LOL.

I need to ask my sister and friends if they need some ice packs.

I currently have a wrapped on in my lap to keep cool during our excessive heat wave, LOL.

Rosie

11-12-2003

Thursday, June 22, 2017 - 11:28 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rosie a private message Print Post    
good for you, Dipo.

sorry to report that i wound up putting all of the meals in the freezer. even the salmon just didn't sound good to me and i love salmon. i am not used to the other items and reverted back to sandwiches.

the dinners are safely in the freezer and i need to eventually try them. i cancelled my next order. i looked up cancelling the service and it said something like you are still in your 30 day trial period???

yes i think each, individual meal is expensive but i think each meal would cover a lunch and dinner.

what is the orange thing wrapped? someone here thinks it is a place setting.

still pondering here

Dipo

04-23-2002

Thursday, June 22, 2017 - 11:40 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
hahahaha, it is a apron. Yeah, I don't know about the trial period. I got a break on the first delivery so I will do at least one more delivery, I am still looking at the July meals.

Oh and I meant to mention my box came via fed-ex.

LOL,I suppose each meal could be used for two servings but it sold as one, so that is how I was comparing the service.

You know the $15 per meal is probably worth it for steak and salmon, not so sure for the chicken dishes, LOL.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Thursday, June 22, 2017 - 12:41 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I think I will stay with shopping at Ralph's since I am out and about often. Quinoa, kale, beans, corn would be wasted on me. Trying to avoid red meat anyway.

I don't have a freezer and am using a very small fridge, so I can only store so much. It is like a 3D puzzle fitting everything in.

But delivery is a good option to have.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Thursday, June 22, 2017 - 2:33 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Do you have a Round Table Clubhouse close by? I love mine, they deliver for $3.75, and you can get more than pizza, I have had a wedge salad, burger, cobb salad.

I love that I can call them on a hot day for delivery.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Thursday, June 22, 2017 - 2:36 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Oh and one funny thing, I seem to have misplaced a cold pack, hahahahaha. I need to strip my bed apart and see if I stuck it between the comforter or something.

Actually I lost my pedometer and a glass cleaning rag too, they were in my right pocket. My phone is in my left pocket and apparently when I took out the recycling I called my sister, hahahahaha.

Weird things happening day.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Thursday, June 22, 2017 - 3:01 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
We do have one. Haven't ordered in years. They had dropped sandwiches but probably have them now.

But..not in my wheelhouse these days.

When I get a burger, I want a really good one, rare. For that I take out from Lazy Dog, But I haven't done that in months.

Things end up in unexpected places here as well.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Thursday, June 22, 2017 - 3:09 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Clubhouse has really good burgers, Angus beef, but it has to be a clubhouse and not just a regular Round Table.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Friday, June 23, 2017 - 9:41 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
But very few restaurants will make a rare burger. Lazy Dog wilk, plus grilled onions. And I can get sides of avocado which negates some consequences of eating a burger.

But I haven't had one for months.

I will have to check, never heard of a Round Table clubhouse.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Saturday, June 24, 2017 - 11:55 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Yep, I guess the Clubhouse business model is new, but very successfull. There aren't that many of them, the one by me is impressive.

They remodeled and it is really nice, plus the new menu is great.

My burger was med rare which is just how I like it, LOL.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Saturday, June 24, 2017 - 1:45 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Perfect, then.

Glad you have one so close.

I am surrounded by so many restaurants and Albertsons, Ralph's and Pet Supply across the street, so Katniss and I should never starve.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Tuesday, June 27, 2017 - 1:48 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Ok I have to say, these little tiny bottles of Red Wine Vinegar are totally cute, LOL.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Tuesday, June 27, 2017 - 2:46 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    

Rosie

11-12-2003

Tuesday, June 27, 2017 - 2:47 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rosie a private message Print Post    
which meal did you get the red wine vinegar bottle?

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Tuesday, June 27, 2017 - 2:54 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Yeah how do we get cute bottles?
Forget the meal!

Rosie

11-12-2003

Tuesday, June 27, 2017 - 2:55 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rosie a private message Print Post    
lol

she is in full BB mode now

Dipo

04-23-2002

Tuesday, June 27, 2017 - 3:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
LOL....I am making the Blue Apron Smoked Trout salad meal, and it is actually Sherry Vinegar for the dressing. It holds one tablespoon.

I have another meal that has a little bottle of red wine vinegar.

This is one thing I like because when I get a recipe off the internet and it calls for 1 tablespoon of Sherry Vinegar I end up with a whole bottle that goes bad on the top shelf of my cabinet.

Rosie

11-12-2003

Tuesday, June 27, 2017 - 3:08 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rosie a private message Print Post    
enjoy

Dipo

04-23-2002

Tuesday, June 27, 2017 - 5:25 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Ok, the full name of the meal is Smoked Trout & Asparagus Salad with Fingerling Potatoes & Garlic Croutons.

I got a little loaf of Ciabatta bread to make into croutons, but I think it is big enough for two separate meals, I am only using half.

I wish I could get these portion sizes at my store without having to pay twice the price.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Tuesday, June 27, 2017 - 10:11 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
I am pleased to say that meal was excellent. I think I could do this salad myself and maybe substitute tuna for the trout. It was really easy to make and yummy.

And wow, that bread was amazing, I am going to see if I can buy a loaf for regular sandwiches.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Wednesday, June 28, 2017 - 7:23 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
I am so happy!!! I got rid of all my ice packs, the ladies at my board meeting took them. I kept 2 and got rid of the rest!!!!