TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through June 27, 2017

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: General Discussions: The "I don't know what thread to put this in" thread...: ARCHIVES: Archive through June 27, 2017 users admin

Rosie

11-12-2003

Tuesday, June 13, 2017 - 9:41 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rosie a private message Print Post    
thank you mod

Dipo

04-23-2002

Sunday, June 18, 2017 - 10:57 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
I made a thread for Meal Delivery, Cooking Kits here so we could keep all the information about the services in one place.

I will be trying a couple of other places at some point.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Sunday, June 18, 2017 - 11:30 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
For the new thread..

https://tvclubhouse.com/forum/read.php?file=/9200/17357115.html&lm=1497810541

Mack

07-22-2002

Wednesday, June 21, 2017 - 4:58 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mack a private message Print Post    
Anybody want two brand new Nest thermostats? Free by the way. We have a dual zone heating and cooling system, one for upstairs one for downstairs, and a month ago had to replace the 17 year old downstairs unit. As part of the new package my HVAC company installed new Nest thermostats for both units. Nest is probably wonderful and the thermostat gets great reviews but the built in cooling parameters just didn't work for us. Mrs Mack expressed her dissatisfaction in that spousal way and I got the hint so we now have two new Honeywell thermostats. New ones are "state of the art" blah, blah, blah, but most importantly allow us to set the parameters through the Internet with our iPads. We may not be realizing all the energy conservation goals and guidelines but Mrs Mack is happy.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Wednesday, June 21, 2017 - 6:48 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
I would love to have Nest thermostats. I have never purchased them before because I need two (upstairs/downstairs) and they are a little out of my price comfort zone.

Mack

07-22-2002

Wednesday, June 21, 2017 - 7:18 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mack a private message Print Post    
Roxip - Contact me at rklug at sbcglobal dot net.

Biscottiii

05-29-2004

Wednesday, June 21, 2017 - 6:45 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Biscottiii a private message Print Post    
Sweet! Mack & Mrs. Mack!

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Wednesday, June 21, 2017 - 9:35 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    
Yay Mack and Roxip!!!

Roxip

01-29-2004

Thursday, June 22, 2017 - 6:29 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
I am very excited. I have wanted a Nest for a long time (I love gadgets and this one is useful!) but because I have two thermostats it wasn't really money I could afford to spend. I am so grateful to Mr. and Mrs. Mack!

Rissa

03-19-2006

Thursday, June 22, 2017 - 7:29 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rissa a private message Print Post    
Let me tell you the greatest part of having a Nest. If I am not in the middle of a hot flash, then I am just heading into or coming out of one. Lol hubby on the other hand likes the house warmer at night. So he will turn thermostat up a couple degrees before coming to bed and as soon as he has left the room with the control panel, I can use my iPhone to turn it back down while laying in bed upstairs. He falls asleep in 30 seconds anyway, so it's a no argument win-win. 😜

Roxip

01-29-2004

Thursday, June 22, 2017 - 7:35 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
I can't wait! Rissa, been there, done that! Great thinking!

Grooch

06-16-2006

Thursday, June 22, 2017 - 8:54 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Grooch a private message Print Post    
Congrats, Roxip! And kudos to Mr and Mrs Mack for doing such a nice thing! :-)

Dipo

04-23-2002

Thursday, June 22, 2017 - 10:48 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
LOL, Rissa, that is too funny.

Rosie

11-12-2003

Thursday, June 22, 2017 - 11:54 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rosie a private message Print Post    
bring back fanny packs

i just dug out a non-used fanny pack and think it will be great to use instead of a heavier purse.

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Thursday, June 22, 2017 - 9:24 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    
I have used this combination cross-body and fanny pack small purse for years, ever since I stopped carrying a gun, which wouldn't have fit in this purse. I find it to be just perfect for not allowing me to carry too much weight around in a purse. I wear it more as a cross-body purse, but sometimes wear it as a fanny pack. And when I travel in high volume pickpocket places, I use both the shoulder strap and the waist strap.

http://shop.eaglecreek.com/side-trek/d/1266

Oh, and here is another terrific accessory, a Big Skinny wallet. Google it! It really makes a difference in how big your purse becomes.

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Friday, June 23, 2017 - 5:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
Eagle Creek is one of the best companies. I've had backpacks from them for years for my camera gear.... I only buy new ones because I want a new one!

Dipo

04-23-2002

Sunday, June 25, 2017 - 10:13 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Didn't we have a conversation about the old shows being on TV and someone said they never replay Get Smart?

I saw that The Decades channel has been showing them all day, they are up to Season 5.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Monday, June 26, 2017 - 7:07 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
So I'm feeling very accomplished. I got my Nest thermostats on Friday (thank you Mr. and Mrs. Mack) and I actually have one installed and semi-programmed. I woke up this morning and was hot so I picked up my phone and dialed the a/c down a few degrees! So cool!

Dipo

04-23-2002

Monday, June 26, 2017 - 10:41 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
That is cool, Roxip.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Monday, June 26, 2017 - 3:08 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
New: So weird, I have been getting security notification emails from financial institutions. What is odd, is that I don't have accounts with either of the ones I have received, Charles Schwab and BB&T.

I have taken the time to go on another browser to the actual institutions to notify them of these emails, but I just think it is odd.

No wonder I don't believe anything I ever see on the internet anymore.

Mack

07-22-2002

Monday, June 26, 2017 - 4:24 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mack a private message Print Post    
It's a scam. What they want you to do is hit the embedded link. The link looks good but it actually takes you to a spoof site. They're hoping you have an account with that bank or credit card or whatever and that you end your ID and password or PIN.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Monday, June 26, 2017 - 5:30 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Thanks Mack, that is what I thought. I forwarded the email to the appropriate institutions.

I don't click on anything anymore, not even when it is from my own bank. I go to the account from another browser.

Mack

07-22-2002

Tuesday, June 27, 2017 - 4:33 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mack a private message Print Post    
I haven't gotten one in awhile but when I was getting them they supposedly came from either Wells Fargo or Nations Bank. I don't and never have had any kind of account with either so I knew right away it was a scam. The other scam email I get is "failed to deliver a package" one where they want you to open a link or zip file to verify a delivery address. As I recall at least the zip file installs some kind of virus on your computer.

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Tuesday, June 27, 2017 - 4:53 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
I got a new phish e-mail recently. E-mail said I bought a $112 app from App Store. Very small Apple insignia at the bottom. At first I panicked. What's it gonna take to correct this mess??? Now wait . . . . Click Here for the invoice. Click Here if you didn't buy it. Oh no -- not clicking anything except DELETE e-mail.

Merrysea

08-13-2004

Tuesday, June 27, 2017 - 3:10 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Merrysea a private message Print Post    
I've been getting a lot lately saying that my Amazon order has been cancelled, and to "click here." Since I haven't ordered anything from Amazon lately, and it was addressed to an email account that I don't use for Amazon, I wasn't even tempted to click.