TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through June 24, 2017

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: General Discussions: Free Expression...: Daily Poll: ARCHIVES: Archive through June 24, 2017 users admin

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Wednesday, June 14, 2017 - 7:59 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Oh.. In winter, my place is COLD.

One day I imagined that there existed soft fleecy knee socks.

And I found them at Target!!!!

I have striped ones and bright neon pink.

I wear them in the evening and to bed.

One thing I never do is to barefoot, other than in the shower. Cat. Litter.

Pippin04

10-26-2007

Thursday, June 15, 2017 - 8:24 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pippin04 a private message Print Post    
I did not know

Yes, I wear crazy socks, but I call them cute.

Probably would not post a picture.

I wear socks in cold weather and when I play sports.

Pippin04

10-26-2007

Thursday, June 15, 2017 - 8:26 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pippin04 a private message Print Post    
For the bee question.

Our city is farming bees so we have lots of them. They also encourage people to plant flowers so they give the flowers for free.

Littlebreeze

02-18-2001

Thursday, June 15, 2017 - 10:03 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Littlebreeze a private message Print Post    
No, never heard of crazy sock day.

No, didn't wear crazy socks.

The only time I ever wear socks is under snow boots and I only wear snow boots if a lot of new snow has fallen that hasn't yet been snow blown or snow shoveled.

Texasdeb

05-23-2003

Friday, June 16, 2017 - 5:43 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texasdeb a private message Print Post    
I don't wear socks that often. Usually only in cooler weather with boots. I prefer flip flops to tennis shoes so I don't wear tennis shoes often either. I do wear light wt trouser socks a lot & they are always of the same color as my slacks.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Friday, June 16, 2017 - 11:34 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I have seen quite a few bees the let week or so..

🐝🐝🐝🐝🐝🐝🐝🐝🐝

Kitt

09-05-2000

Friday, June 23, 2017 - 5:06 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
New question:

What do you do with the end crusts of a loaf of bread?

For instance, "nobody likes them so I leave them to last," "I love them so I eat the first," "I don't eat bread," etc..

Kitt

09-05-2000

Friday, June 23, 2017 - 5:08 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
I don't like them so I leave them to last.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Friday, June 23, 2017 - 5:09 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
LMAO, I saw a commercial the other day and they cut the crusts off the sandwiches and threw them away and i wondered, why do they do that!

I love the crust ends of bread, I treat them just like the other slices. When I make a sandwich if the first piece of bread is a crust I just take it and the second one and make my sandwich.

But crusts make really excellent toast with butter and peanut butter for breakfast.

Dogdoc

09-29-2001

Friday, June 23, 2017 - 5:36 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dogdoc a private message Print Post    
I make toast with them since they are usually to small and thin to make a sandwich.

Dipo, I always heard that you would get curly hair if you ate the crusts.

As I child I believed it but it didn't work. My hair was poker straight.

Then, when I turned 50, my hair got curly. Gee, if you live long enough it does work!

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Friday, June 23, 2017 - 6:28 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
Not a big fan of crusts I'm a little bit of the top but the bottom part not so much.

Rissa

03-19-2006

Friday, June 23, 2017 - 7:25 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rissa a private message Print Post    
Ditto to what Dipo posted. I treat them like any other slice. I just turn the end piece upside down in a sandwich so kids cant tell its a crust slice.

Naja

06-28-2003

Friday, June 23, 2017 - 7:27 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
I break them up into the dog food, but if they're old, I break them up for the birds outside.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Friday, June 23, 2017 - 9:26 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I don't buy bread.

Sugar

08-15-2000

Friday, June 23, 2017 - 9:41 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sugar a private message Print Post    
My husband likes to bypass the crust keeping the crust against the next slice of bread. He seems to think it helps keep the slices fresher and then uses the crusts last.

I remember my gramma and great aunts "fighting" over who got the crusts of the homemade bread at family gatherings. I always thought it was because they all liked it. I'm pretty sure that was the case. Now you have me wondering.

Sugar

08-15-2000

Friday, June 23, 2017 - 9:45 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sugar a private message Print Post    
Seamonkey, as you don't buy bread, I'm guessing you don't eat bread. What is wrong with you?
I hope you don't suffer from some sort of bread illness 'cause bread is supercalifragilistically delicious.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Saturday, June 24, 2017 - 4:55 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I do eat bread now and then, but I never just buy bread. I had bread at an Italian restaurant a couple of weeks ago, but it doesn't factor into my diet.

Mack

07-22-2002

Saturday, June 24, 2017 - 5:01 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mack a private message Print Post    
Both my wife and I skip over the crust for the same reason Sugar's husband does. In my case I think my parents taught me that. Today we don't eat nearly as much bread as we once did. Since I retired from full time work and what little I do now is from home I don't pack lunches and rarely fix a sandwich at home. Mrs Mack has never been a big sandwich person but occasionally likes a slice of bread with peanut butter on it. We buy short loafs of beard now as it often goes stale if we get a full loaf.

Wargod

07-16-2001

Saturday, June 24, 2017 - 5:23 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Wargod a private message Print Post    
Someone always eats the crusts here. I don't. Mainly I don't eat that much bread, but on the occassions I do, I skip the crust because it's not the same size as the next piece and makes my sandwich lopsided!

Mak1

08-11-2002

Saturday, June 24, 2017 - 5:24 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mak1 a private message Print Post    
I use them for toast. My mother's bread was the best, and I loved the hard crusty heels hot from the oven with lots of butter. Mmmmmmmmmm!!!

Dogdoc

09-29-2001

Saturday, June 24, 2017 - 6:27 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dogdoc a private message Print Post    
I forgot to add that the ends are the last slices to go with me too.

I agree with Sugar's husband that they keep the loaf fresh. (at least they keep the second to last slices fresh)

Remember the days when the bread had an inside wrapper that got in the way when trying to get slices out of the loaf.

Littlebreeze

02-18-2001

Saturday, June 24, 2017 - 6:28 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Littlebreeze a private message Print Post    
Not a bread lover so I very rarely eat it. The one bread exception would be the occasional burger bun at a cookout or restaurant because I love a really good burger. Never have to deal with crusts seeing I don't eat sliced loaf bread.

Lyn

08-06-2002

Saturday, June 24, 2017 - 7:24 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lyn a private message Print Post    
I love the end slices of bread - they are my absolute favourite part of the loaf. I don't, however, like the bottoms of bread. When son lived at home I'd eat the tops and he'd eat the bottoms. The payoff for him was I'd always give him the ends from sliced and french bread

(He recently sent me an article saying the bottom and end crusts are NOT POISONOUS lol)

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Saturday, June 24, 2017 - 10:27 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
I eat the ends as an open faced peanut butter sandwich.

Rosie

11-12-2003

Saturday, June 24, 2017 - 10:31 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rosie a private message Print Post    
what mamie said