TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through June 13, 2017

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: General Discussions: The "I don't know what thread to put this in" thread...: ARCHIVES: Archive through June 13, 2017 users admin

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Sunday, June 11, 2017 - 6:34 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
I'd like to know what meals you get...and how much choice you have. Do you pick from a list of meals offered?

Like you, 3 meals a week for just me would be too much.

You say you can skip a week, but is there a certain frequency you have to meet?

Can you cancel at any time?

Abby7

07-17-2002

Sunday, June 11, 2017 - 6:41 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Abby7 a private message Print Post    
I'm with sea. Lol Microwave

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Sunday, June 11, 2017 - 8:56 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    
Food bank would be an excellent place for those foil bags. I presume they are insulated? People getting frozen food could take their frozen stuff home in them. I keep an insulated foil bag from Dollartree in my car for when I buy cold things and have other errands to run in the summer.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Sunday, June 11, 2017 - 9:20 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Karuuna, you can cancel at any time. There are 6 options per week. And I didn't see any frequency requirement.

Seamonkey and Abby, I think that would be Munchery.com; I want to try them next after I give Blue Apron a couple of weeks.

Naja

06-28-2003

Sunday, June 11, 2017 - 9:22 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Is Blue Apron the ones that were on Shark Tank not too long ago?

Abby7

07-17-2002

Sunday, June 11, 2017 - 11:54 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Abby7 a private message Print Post    
Ty dipo....I'll check .

Dipo

04-23-2002

Monday, June 12, 2017 - 11:02 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
I don't know Naja, I don't watch that show. The ones I know about are...SunBasket.com; plated.com; hello fresh; munchery; terraskitchen.com
and purple carrot.

I was trying to figure out what the prices are for them and what their menus are but they make you complete too much info before you can access that.

However, once you have completed some info they start sending you %off emails, LOL.

I got a 50% off my first box email from Munchery today.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Monday, June 12, 2017 - 12:48 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
You might see if there are reviews on Yelp.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Monday, June 12, 2017 - 1:32 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2462892,00.asp

Just one of many reviews out there.. She compares to other services, but mostly not in the west.

Munchery reviews are mixed in your area.

Also I read to look on Groupon for first time user offers.

I think I will stick to what I am doing, for now.

I will be interested in your future experiences.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Monday, June 12, 2017 - 1:56 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Thanks Seamonkey, that was an interesting article, seems they are all pretty much similarly priced.

It was interesting to hear what the "non-chef" person thought of the cooking, LOL. I found that the veggies are cool, I never even heard of a pink lemon until they came in my package.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Monday, June 12, 2017 - 2:52 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I have a neighbor who must subscribe to one of these. Don't know them, but will look if I see the boxes again, to see which service they use.

Munchery is in Orange, LA, Riverside and San Diego counties.

It looks like they use local chefs so some items could differ by region.

Abby7

07-17-2002

Monday, June 12, 2017 - 6:05 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Abby7 a private message Print Post    
I checked the munchers site. Found the ready made food. Found a salad and salmon that looked good. However, to order they asked cc info before giving me price of delivery. I like knowing delivery charge before giving cc info (even though I know I have to approve charge before it goes through). So called, couldn't get a person. Just want to know delivery charge.

Rosie

11-12-2003

Monday, June 12, 2017 - 6:08 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rosie a private message Print Post    
i think the delivery was free with munchery?

do you have their phone number?

Rosie

11-12-2003

Monday, June 12, 2017 - 6:12 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rosie a private message Print Post    
abby7, i just sent you a message from tvch with the phone number

Abby7

07-17-2002

Monday, June 12, 2017 - 6:12 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Abby7 a private message Print Post    
Rosie, yes. I called. There is not an option to speak to a customer service rep.

Abby7

07-17-2002

Monday, June 12, 2017 - 6:20 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Abby7 a private message Print Post    
Oh, ty Rosie I'm stuck in the living room b/r and kitchen pretty much. (some health issue going on) so getting to computer/email difficult. Hopefully, can check it tomorrow' (also need to get there to clear some messages on landline...rec memory low)

Ty again.

Rosie

11-12-2003

Monday, June 12, 2017 - 6:24 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rosie a private message Print Post    
my memory (which is not perfect by any means) is that the actual delivery is free.

i think i had to pretty much have chosen the amount of meals, etc. before it showed final amount (and i believe free was for the delivery)

my delivery begins on 6/20 with 4 meals.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Monday, June 12, 2017 - 7:20 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Yeah you have to put in all the info before they let you see the cost, it is annoying. I did it to find out the cost for Blue Apron.

But then I didn't order anything so that was when I started getting email with discounts offered, LOL.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Monday, June 12, 2017 - 7:21 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
oh and yeah, no delivery fee, just the cost of the food service.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Tuesday, June 13, 2017 - 1:17 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
The Yelp reviews on Munchery in the Bay area were pretty scathing in terms of communication with the company.. like never answering the phone.

Sounds like we should have some reviews soon!!

I wonder if I would like delivering for them?

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Tuesday, June 13, 2017 - 8:46 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
Plated was pitched on Shark Tank.

Rosie

11-12-2003

Tuesday, June 13, 2017 - 11:13 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rosie a private message Print Post    
i went back to munchery and there definitely is NOT a delivery service [fee].

i looked at the deserts and while they might be good, i wouldn't think they would be worth an additional cost. Could not see the cost because i did not sign up for the deserts.

they really like to block us. lol

SEA, why not? as long as it would be local.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Tuesday, June 13, 2017 - 11:25 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
LOL, my delivery comes from Fed Ex, are you guys saying that the Munchery deliveries come from the chefs?

Rosie

11-12-2003

Tuesday, June 13, 2017 - 11:29 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rosie a private message Print Post    
ohno! and a note to ABBY7

i meant to say ...there definitely is NOT delivery service fee.

i'll let SEA answer you Dipo

MODS, if you have the time, please add FEE to my previous post.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Tuesday, June 13, 2017 - 9:14 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Dipo, they use delivery drivers (and bikers in NYC and San Francisco), but they don't list Santa Ana as needing drivers.. LA is listed, but no way.

And they demand into before you even get the details.

Drive personal car.. or their vehicke?