TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through June 13, 2017

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: General Discussions: The Cheap Seats: Sports: America's Cup / Louis Vuitton Cup: Archive through June 13, 2017 users admin

Dipo

04-23-2002

Wednesday, May 31, 2017 - 10:33 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Racing postponed so far today, light winds!

Oh, they just posted a start time, maybe in 10 minutes. The winds have to be at least 10 knots.

The pictures of the area are gorgeous!

Kookliebird, I loved when it was here! Wish they would have come back.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Wednesday, May 31, 2017 - 10:43 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Oh, I was wrong still postponed. The race between France and Japan.

They have been showing old races.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Thursday, June 01, 2017 - 10:57 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Wow!!! Two very painful races....first with Japan and France and just barely enough win to qualify for a race, Japan wins and France has a very difficult time.

Second... GBR and NZL, GBR had a total screw up at one point early on that was amazingly bad, and so NZL wins.

For the first race they ended up shortening the course.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Thursday, June 01, 2017 - 11:07 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
And they shortened the course again.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Thursday, June 01, 2017 - 11:09 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
And now USA versus Japan.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Thursday, June 01, 2017 - 12:03 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Usa barely beat Japan, who lead the race most of the legs.

Now the final race is France vs. Great Britain.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Thursday, June 01, 2017 - 12:31 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
And GBR just barely took the win, I think they won by 6 seconds by basically coasting across the line, the winds were so light.

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Thursday, June 01, 2017 - 12:45 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
Too bad about the wind... it's so exciting when the winds are really going and the boats take off.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Thursday, June 01, 2017 - 1:06 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Very true, Kookliebird, but you know they had more close calls today than I ever recall. Almost every race had a near hit and/or penalty.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Friday, June 02, 2017 - 10:25 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Hot races today, the winds are up.

Japan and New Zealand just finished the first race and it was so fast I barely saw it, LOL. Boars were upward of 30 knots.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Friday, June 02, 2017 - 11:00 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
And now Sweden vs. USA, looks like Sweden may win this one. And Sweden's Artemis boat has won, crossing the finish line at 42 knots, 24 seconds ahead of the US Oracle.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Friday, June 02, 2017 - 11:05 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
New Zealand versus France (France needs to win to stay in the standings.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Saturday, June 03, 2017 - 12:05 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
France is now out of the race. I don't really understand how Round Robins work, but tomorrow we start the semi-finals.

USA is already in because they won this round. New Zealand, Great Britain, Japan and Sweden now will duke it out for the next set of races.

Great Britain has really improved getting on their foils, and poor France was done in my late funding, they didn't get as much time to prepare so maybe next time they will get into it sooner.

And it is pretty funny, I saw a news report that said, Americas Cup full of Aussies even though they have no boat, LOL.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Sunday, June 04, 2017 - 9:34 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Today we start the Semi-Finals and the New Zealanders pick their competitor from GBR, Japan and Sweden. I don't really understand this part, LOL.

I think NZL picked GBR, will watch to see how this goes for everyone.

Starts at 10am on NBC Sports Channel.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Sunday, June 04, 2017 - 11:03 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Oops. No sailing today, not sure what is up. They have to race the semi's at some point. Need to do some research for what is next. Maybe it starts again on Monday.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Monday, June 05, 2017 - 12:31 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Hmmm, racing has begun again but I can't find a TV source for the races.

Ok, apparently this week you have to watch it on NBC Sports App, hope I can get that on my laptop.

June 10 it will be back on NBCSC.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Wednesday, June 07, 2017 - 11:48 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Whoa, big crash yesterday, 3 crew from New Zealand were thrown into the water, all safe. Well I guess they are calling it a capsize since no other boat was involved.

I guess the wind was high at 25 knots and there were squalls and that made it more tricky.

And today the races are postponed, the seas look really rough and the winds are high again over 24 knots.

The capsize was amazing, didn't look like anything was damaged they just lifted up and tipped over, couldn't see if there was any true damage, but it was impressive since these boats are so large.

https://www.americascup.com/en/news.html

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Wednesday, June 07, 2017 - 11:55 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
I read that the Kiwi's got up on their foils too fast and could not maneuver because of that. I am not sure exactly what that means. I also read that the Kiwi boat was damaged. They were sailing against Britain (Ainslee), who immediately stopped, called it in and rendered assistance.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Saturday, June 10, 2017 - 11:30 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Sailing is back!

Yeah, Kookliebird, I heard there was some damage but I couldn't see it. Just seems like if you dump the boat you would hurt it somehow.

Finals are on, Emirates Sweden versus Artemis New Zealand.

So far today each have one a race, third race is just starting.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Saturday, June 10, 2017 - 11:43 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Holy crap, man overboard for Sweden! Their helmsman fell off on a tac.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Saturday, June 10, 2017 - 11:47 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
So New Zealand wins, Sweden had been ahead.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Sunday, June 11, 2017 - 11:55 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Another exciting day. Artemis Racing of Sweden had some sort of boat issues, had to make some repairs between race 2 and 3.

More racing tomorrow, New Zealand has 4 races to Sweden's 2.

The last race really looked like Sweden was going to win so they may come back tomorrow and take all 3 races.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Monday, June 12, 2017 - 11:07 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Started a race this morning and then the wind completely died...race called because they couldn't complete it in the time limit of 25 minutes.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Tuesday, June 13, 2017 - 11:31 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Somehow I missed the last race, LOL! I thought they were showing old races but apparently the wind came up enough for New Zealand to take the challenger title.

America's Cup racing starts on June 17.

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Tuesday, June 13, 2017 - 12:42 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
So, USA versus New Zealand, like in SF?