TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Meal Delivery, Cooking Kits - Costs, ...

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: General Discussions: Meal Delivery, Cooking Kits - Costs, reviews, etc. users admin

Thread Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post
Archive through June 20, 2017Rosie25 06-20-17  9:45 am
Archive through June 28, 2017Dipo25 06-28-17  7:23 pm
  ClosedClosed: New threads not accepted on this page        

Rosie

11-12-2003

Wednesday, June 28, 2017 - 8:51 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rosie a private message Print Post    
congrats

Rosie

11-12-2003

Sunday, July 02, 2017 - 11:53 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rosie a private message Print Post    
have you cancelled munchery yet?

they have me clicking places like crazy trying to email customer service to cancel but no luck yet. i just went in and skipped service again.

oh and i have my mom's old aprons and no relative wants them so i need to think of what to do with them and the new one from munchery. remember that i don't cook so no need for an apron. lol

Dipo

04-23-2002

Sunday, July 02, 2017 - 1:42 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Donate them, I have a friend who collects apron so there is probably someone out there who would love them.

And nope I haven't cancelled Munchery yet, but I have it on my calendar to make sure I skip the delivery. Altho, I have been looking forward to salmon.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Tuesday, July 04, 2017 - 2:10 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
I went an cancelled and it was easy, took me a couple of minutes to figure out how, but once I figured out on contact us that I wanted to cancell my membership. I found the correct question.

Then it said to go here, but that didn't work so I went back to that page and clicked cancel and it went right through.

Strategist

07-01-2014

Tuesday, July 04, 2017 - 3:57 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Strategist a private message Print Post    
For those of you in Canada, you might want to try GoodFood. I have been cooking three meals for two each week since mid-February. Since I'm a homebody, I've never skipped a week. The recipe cards and the quality of the food is great. The GoodFood Facebook Page gives you a great discount for the first set of food.

Although the meals are for two, we can get three out of them. I typically cook the meals on a weekday and divide the portion into a lunch meal that hubby can take to work the next day. We're not huge eaters, so it works out fine.

Their packing material is amazing. Very high quality. I wish I could do something useful with it. The boxes are outstanding. They are lined with the insulated liners (you can't take them out). The box would work very well as a cooler, but nobody needs tons of coolers! I have started to dump it all in the recycle bin, but it makes me feel like I'm missing out on an opportunity to repurpose the stuff. I looked at the Blue Apron upcycling page, but there's nothing that I think I can use.

https://makegoodfood.ca/en/recipe-of-the-week

Dipo

04-23-2002

Tuesday, July 04, 2017 - 4:34 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Strategist, I know what you mean about the packing materials. I am using the boxes for my goodwill; I have them in the closet and add stuff as I find it.

But, I have stopped delivery for now. I really liked the Blue Apron food when I was cooking, then it got to hot to even go in the kitchen.

I was also impressed with the food quality for both Blue Apron and Munchery.

I still have catfish, 2 chicken servings and steak in the freezer. And I agree you can really stretch the meals out to more than 2 servings, that was great.

I do wish there was a way to give them back the boxes and insulators so they could reuse them.

Strategist

07-01-2014

Tuesday, July 04, 2017 - 4:40 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Strategist a private message Print Post    
I do wish there was a way to give them back the boxes and insulators so they could reuse them.

For sure. I agree. But, I guess they really can't do that and ensure that it is sanitized. Cleanliness is a priority with food.

I was giving a few boxes for relatives to put in their car for when they get groceries, but one can only have so many relatives!!!

Dipo

04-23-2002

Tuesday, July 04, 2017 - 6:27 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
LOL, I was happy to get someone to take the ice packs but I bet they don't want anymore.

Biscottiii

05-29-2004

Wednesday, July 05, 2017 - 6:49 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Biscottiii a private message Print Post    
The box would work very well as a cooler, but nobody needs tons of coolers! I have started to dump it all in the recycle bin, but it makes me feel like I'm missing out on an opportunity to repurpose the stuff.

What if you have Feral Rescue volunteer place? Where they trap, spay, notch the ear, & release if there's a food source for them. Cut a hole in the end and gives them an insulated site especially for winter. Kid Sis has been planning to saw a hole in an old beaten up cooler to give to her pal that feeds ferals in her yard.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Wednesday, July 05, 2017 - 9:18 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
That's a really good idea, Biscotiii.

Rosie

11-12-2003

Thursday, July 06, 2017 - 2:51 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rosie a private message Print Post    
yes biscotiii!

i think i just cancelled my subscription.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Thursday, July 06, 2017 - 9:49 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Great idea!

Rosie

11-12-2003

Thursday, July 06, 2017 - 10:59 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rosie a private message Print Post    
received confirmation of cancellation

Dipo

04-23-2002

Thursday, July 06, 2017 - 9:36 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
So I had been worrying all day about the last Munchery delivery I was expecting, it was shipped on the 5th and I didn't get it until this evening around 6ish. No need to have worried, those ice packs were still cold and mostly frozen, LOL I was amazed.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Thursday, July 06, 2017 - 9:38 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
So this works out great, I have bunches of food while the weather is a little hotter, so I can microwave!

Dipo

04-23-2002

Friday, July 07, 2017 - 8:04 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
So today I had the Seared Ahi Tuna salad, it was good, but I find I am not a fan of seared tuna, I want it fully cooked, LOL.

Just ate the salad with a piece of ciabatta bread, put the tuna back in the fridge to cook in the morning.

Landileigh

07-28-2002

Sunday, July 09, 2017 - 5:56 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Landileigh a private message Print Post    
I hated all the coolers and ice packs when I did Diets To Go! Took me forever to get rid of!

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Monday, July 10, 2017 - 11:33 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
That is why the greener option is to go and shop..

BUT.. That isn't an option for many people so delivery can be a godsend.

And this is certainly an interesting concept.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Monday, July 10, 2017 - 12:26 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Hahahaha, Seamonkey. Or find a way to recycle them.

I am back to cooking for a while. One thing I did notice about Munchery...high sodium levels.

I can buy TV dinners with comparable sodium levels and was really surprised when I saw some of their meals were so high.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Monday, July 10, 2017 - 3:53 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Well I love the idea of using them for feral cats shelters.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Tuesday, July 25, 2017 - 5:44 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
http://www.cnbc.com/2017/07/21/amazon-meal-kit-vs-blue-apron-review.html?recirc=taboolainternal

This is starting in Washington, but with Amazon, could expand.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Tuesday, July 25, 2017 - 9:09 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
I read an article about the Amazon one and it seemed expensive. IIRC, the meal was $20 with a $10 delivery charge.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Tuesday, July 25, 2017 - 9:20 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Register Now
Password:
Options: Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: