TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through June 01, 2017

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: General Discussions: The "I don't know what thread to put this in" thread...: ARCHIVES: Archive through June 01, 2017 users admin

Dogdoc

09-29-2001

Saturday, April 22, 2017 - 11:08 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dogdoc a private message Print Post    
Interesting Article

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Saturday, April 22, 2017 - 2:59 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
With the regulations on opioids that is sure to happen, there's going to be a lot of people having issues. Im glad I never took any for my pain.

Ophiliasgrandma

09-04-2001

Sunday, April 23, 2017 - 5:39 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ophiliasgrandma a private message Print Post    
And I praise God those medications are available for my DH's unremitting pain.

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Monday, April 24, 2017 - 5:37 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
Hmmm. The pain article. I've felt pain, but never anything terrible. People comment how painful dental work is. Huh? I have had a lot of dental work done. Yes, for some I've had novocaine. But I have refused it when my dentist wanted to use it. You wanted to stick the needle in my gums for that? Why? It was nothing. One dentist in particular said that I have a high pain tolerance. What pain??? In general, unknown pain doesn't worry me. I never experienced any extreme pain from anything.

Sunnyday

08-07-2014

Monday, April 24, 2017 - 8:39 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sunnyday a private message Print Post    
you are very lucky.

Ophiliasgrandma

09-04-2001

Monday, April 24, 2017 - 9:30 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ophiliasgrandma a private message Print Post    
Count your blessings, Color.

I go the novocain route for fillings and crown work and nitrous oxide with novocain for extractions.

The only dental pain I've ever felt was when the doc was injecting novocain in my lower jaw and hit a nerve going through my tongue. That got my attention but was over in the blink of an eye.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Monday, April 24, 2017 - 10:16 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Wow Color, you are lucky. I get gassed for cleaning.

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Monday, April 24, 2017 - 10:50 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
My childhood dentist DRILLED and blew air on open nerve. Never got anything for it. That's the way it was. A wisdom tooth had to come out. Don't remember what he did for pain -- something? Extraction was no biggie. Then I needed first root canal. Tooth, nerve, everything was so far gone / decayed didn't need anything for work on that.

Next dentist . . . over few years had root canals and a bunch of teeth pulled. I asked dentist how many in one sitting. "We do them all at the same time today." It was quite a few. Got novocaine. He wrote prescription for two valium. I'm not into drugs. He said take one. I did. Didn't need it. Wasn't anxious about extractions. No problems at all with it.

Next dentist recommended implants. Saw oral surgeon for that. I did get novocaine for some of the work. Needed bone graft / sinus lift. Did get totally knocked out for that. That was surgery. All is well with the implants. My dentist wanted to give me novocaine to knock out a cap. Huh? Why? No novocaine. Sure didn't need it. Then a little burning with the laser. No novocaine. It was so brief. I survived. Didn't smell too good.

What bothers me with the novocaine is picture in my mind of the point of the needle going through gum and hitting bone. THAT gives me the willies.

Ophiliasgrandma

09-04-2001

Monday, April 24, 2017 - 10:57 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ophiliasgrandma a private message Print Post    
Talking about the dentist, I'm going for my semi-annual cleaning in the morning. It's aways a bit embarrassing as no matter how diligent I am at cleaning before I go the hygienist always finds something stuck in my teeth.

Biscottiii

05-29-2004

Monday, April 24, 2017 - 8:40 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Biscottiii a private message Print Post    
I used to need gas for decades. My dentist of 20+ years is very gentle, VERY slow to press the needle. He said he didn't realize until dental school that pain wasn't necessary since he himself had always experienced all his life too.

Funny thing NOW is that he doesn't even use novocaine unless I tell him I'm feeling something (and I never do). He said that if I were a 15yo, sure he would use. But since I'm older (65yo) the nerves shrink or contract themselves so it's usually not necessary.

I have to go in tomorrow for 6mo tooth cleaning from him but I broke a tooth badly 2 weeks ago (eating soft pasta no less!). Think he's going to yell at me, but he's soft spoken man, for not coming in immediately. Sure hope he can fix the remnants.

Woe is Bisc!

Jmm

08-15-2002

Wednesday, April 26, 2017 - 6:30 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jmm a private message Print Post    
I have a question for anyone who understands legaleze - what does "order dismissing for want of prosecution" mean? It's in regards to a divorce case.

Naja

06-28-2003

Wednesday, April 26, 2017 - 7:39 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Here's what it says online:

"An order dismissing for want of prosecution is an order by the court issued after notice. It dismisses all of the plaintiff's claims. But, it does not prevent the plaintiff from refiling the lawsuit if the statute of limitations has not run out on the claims."

https://www.avvo.com/legal-answers/order-of-partial-nonsuit-signed--temporary-order---1810992.html

Jmm

08-15-2002

Wednesday, April 26, 2017 - 7:49 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jmm a private message Print Post    
Thanks, Naja. I was hoping there was another explanation besides he didn't show up in court. Why am I not surprised.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Wednesday, April 26, 2017 - 8:08 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Jmm, it can be a variety of things in a divorce case. Papers weren't served, a response wasn't filed, someone didn't show up for a hearing, etc.

The important thing to note is that if the court moves for that kind of dismissal requires a response by the other person, or the divorce won't go through. So if the other person isn't cooperating, you have to take another course of action, or you'll stay married. A default motion would be in order, or if the motion to dismiss was granted, you need a motion to re-open.

Jmm

08-15-2002

Wednesday, April 26, 2017 - 8:19 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jmm a private message Print Post    
Thanks, Karuuna.

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Thursday, June 01, 2017 - 5:44 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
This thread?

My microwave . . . door doesn't click / close tight so light stays on -- no power. I can sometimes hold it closed so power comes on, but mostly not. So the problem is just the door latching. Is there something simple I could do or do I have to call . . . ?

Dogdoc

09-29-2001

Thursday, June 01, 2017 - 6:02 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dogdoc a private message Print Post    
I think the rule is you don't want to stand near the microwave while it is running.

A loose door may mean radiation is leaking.

Be careful!

Kitt

09-05-2000

Thursday, June 01, 2017 - 6:07 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
There is very minimal radiation (and won't hurt you) outside a sealed door, so the question is whether the door is sealed when you hold it shut, is part of the seal around it damaged or is there a small gap now?

Unless it's something obvious like something is stuck in the latch I'd get it fixed rather than risk it.

Rosie

11-12-2003

Thursday, June 01, 2017 - 6:08 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rosie a private message Print Post    
get a new one - they are reasonable

Grooch

06-16-2006

Thursday, June 01, 2017 - 6:16 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Grooch a private message Print Post    
I'm with Rosie.

Naja

06-28-2003

Thursday, June 01, 2017 - 6:36 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
You guys are so cute. There is no radiation coming from a microwave at all. It is radio waves. It causes liquid molecules to vibrate, therefore making heat. Microwave ovens are not air-tight whatsoever, even new from the factory. If your hand started cooking from turning hot, you would feel it before any damage was done. No matter what, you wouldn't get cancer from a microwave oven if that's what you were thinking.

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Thursday, June 01, 2017 - 6:45 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
Looked on Yelp. Found a local guy, looks like he works alone. Ten five-star reviews. Nothing but good about Ron. Called and left voice mail. It'll be OK. Microwave works -- just door catching and making whatever contact it needs to to turn on.

It's a Maytag -- family company. Two (or more) relatives lived in Newton, Iowa and worked for Maytag.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Thursday, June 01, 2017 - 6:57 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Microwave radiation has a shorter wavelength that radio waves. It's all on a spectrum, even light is "radiation" in scientific terms.

The surroundings of the microwave shield you from most of the radiation, without it it would damage your skin. If you've got a hand right next to the door and there's a gap to the inside then that is bad. Trust me, I worked with radiation for about a decade, been through all the training.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Thursday, June 01, 2017 - 7:31 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
New Q: Has anyone tried the food delivery services? I just signed up for Blue Apron to check it out and wondered if anyone else has tried them or others.

Naja

06-28-2003

Thursday, June 01, 2017 - 7:59 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
All I was trying to say, Kitt, is that microwave ovens can give you a burn, but they don't cause cancer.