TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through May 17, 2017

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: General Discussions: Free Expression...: It's the little things....: Archive through May 17, 2017 users admin

Dogdoc

09-29-2001

Saturday, November 08, 2014 - 11:34 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dogdoc a private message Print Post    
What a great memory that will be to share with him.

Wargod

07-16-2001

Sunday, June 12, 2016 - 12:20 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Wargod a private message Print Post    
Thought I'd share a cute, funny story.

Yesterday, I took my 7 and 8 year old nieces (both just finished 2nd grade) and Kota to the store for a few things. We'd gotten everything on the list except for some tea and were standing there looking at the different choices waiting for the girls to decide what they wanted to try.

Took me a minute to realize that the girls were not listening to me about what fruity teas there were. Nope, instead, both had stopped what they were doing, put their hands over their hearts and started reciting the pledge of allegiance. Me and Kota were kinda bemused, it totally came out of nowhere, lol.

I waited til they were finished and then asked what they were doing. One niece said, "The pledge." Other one says, "of allegiance." Told them I got that, but why were they saying the pledge of allegiance? Me and Kota were looking around, not seeing a flag anywhere. Then one niece says, "The flags on that man's hat!"

I looked over, looked at Kota, then back at the man and couldn't help but laughing. Sure enough, there was an older man who had an American flag on his hat and he stopped right where he was when the girls started the pledge and waited for them to finish. He was cracking up too about it. We passed him when we were leaving and he waved at the girls, still laughing.

I really hadn't wanted to go to the store, but I'd promised the girls a tea party, then realized I didn't have any tea they would like. So, I wasn't all that happy to be shopping, but that so made the trip totally worth it.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Sunday, June 12, 2016 - 3:44 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
that is great! Probably made that man's day!

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Sunday, June 12, 2016 - 7:49 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
Certainly made my day. Can't stop smiling. :-)

Jmm

08-15-2002

Sunday, June 12, 2016 - 10:56 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jmm a private message Print Post    
That's so cute.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Sunday, June 12, 2016 - 11:11 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
SO sweet..

Rupertbear2

07-15-2015

Sunday, June 12, 2016 - 2:48 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rupertbear2 a private message Print Post    
Awwww...nice, feel good story, War. :-)

Texasdeb

05-23-2003

Wednesday, November 16, 2016 - 11:19 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texasdeb a private message Print Post    
I just can't let this go without sharing:

My asst got a call yest. that her sister's daughter would be picked up by cps & put in the system unless someone in the family will take her in. The child is 4, my asst. is 25 & already has a 4 yr old. Nobody in my asst's family except her can pass a background ck...........so, she will take the girl!

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Wednesday, November 16, 2016 - 11:30 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
May that little girl grow up an be a blessing to her and the two 4 year olds be life-long siblings.

Sugar

08-15-2000

Wednesday, November 16, 2016 - 11:31 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sugar a private message Print Post    
Well, bless her and I send her my best wishes. Poor little tot, hope things go smoothly for your assistant and both kids.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Thursday, November 17, 2016 - 7:11 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
That is a wonderful thing she did there. I wish them all the best.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Thursday, November 17, 2016 - 7:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I'd like to add that I hope she gets permanent custody in time, so the little girl isn't ripped away to be with the sister.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Friday, November 18, 2016 - 10:06 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
sending prayers for a blessed life for that little girl and your assist

Dogdoc

09-29-2001

Saturday, November 19, 2016 - 2:55 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dogdoc a private message Print Post    
I was walking behind a father and daughter who were walking to the library.

They both had on nice shoes and clothing.

I was glad that this man could buy good things for his daughter and I prayed for the parents who could not afford adequate clothing.

Then I noticed something else. The father and daughter were holding hands!

I bet that little girl was more proud of the fact that her daddy held her hand than she was of her clothes.

Teachmichigan

07-22-2001

Tuesday, May 16, 2017 - 7:46 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Teachmichigan a private message Print Post    
After six weeks of all-out stress at school, I've had two of the nicest surprises.

1. Friday night at the end of graduation, our seniors presented the principal, the counselor, and me (their class advisor) with flowers. They are gorgeous! In 25 years of teaching, no class has ever done this!

2. Today I was working with a class, and when I turned around there was a bouquet on my desk. I hadn't even heard the secretary sneak in. This time they were from a grad's parents. He was a SpEd kid in two of my classes. He is a tremendously hard worker, so literally - I just cheered him on and gave him extra time when he needed it. But his mom has been so gracious and appreciative, and this bouquet was just the cherry on the sundae. Another first - I've never received flowers from a parent.

Four more weeks of crazy, but these two bouquets will keep me going because of the tremendous thoughtfulness behind them.

Sunnyday

08-07-2014

Tuesday, May 16, 2017 - 7:56 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sunnyday a private message Print Post    
The flowers are beautiful. I'm glad that they showed how grateful they are for the love and support you show their kids each day.

Jmm

08-15-2002

Tuesday, May 16, 2017 - 8:02 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jmm a private message Print Post    
Teachers are generally so under-appreciated, Teach. I'm glad that you have such wonderful students and parents that appreciate all you do for them.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Tuesday, May 16, 2017 - 8:06 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Beautiful! And much deserved!

Texannie

07-15-2001

Wednesday, May 17, 2017 - 4:22 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texannie a private message Print Post    
Awesome!

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Wednesday, May 17, 2017 - 6:26 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
I think that's wonderful!

Scooterrific

07-08-2005

Wednesday, May 17, 2017 - 8:15 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Scooterrific a private message Print Post    
That is truly awesome.

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Wednesday, May 17, 2017 - 9:54 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
Utterly wonderful and completely well-deserved Teach!

Y2krazy

09-17-2002

Wednesday, May 17, 2017 - 10:27 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Y2krazy a private message Print Post    
How very nice, Teach. How I wish I could find my fourth grade teacher and thank her. She was a tremendous help to me. I never thanked her enough back then, although I believe my parents did.

Egbok

07-13-2000

Wednesday, May 17, 2017 - 10:28 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Egbok a private message Print Post    
Enjoy the sweet rewards in the life of being a teacher! Your flowers are so pretty!!

Abby7

07-17-2002

Wednesday, May 17, 2017 - 10:38 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Abby7 a private message Print Post    
Beautiful. I've been saying since early 1980’s .....teachers are not paid enough. Here in Los Angeles, (well, not up to date on current salaries)....used to be an administrative assistant made more than a school teacher. I remember my sis coming to la to visit me. She had a teacher friend here in la....so we all got together. We went shopping....the teacher bought some school "supplies" for her students. She was not going to get reimbursed.