TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through May 30, 2017

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: General Discussions: The Cheap Seats: Sports: America's Cup / Louis Vuitton Cup: Archive through May 30, 2017 users admin

Dipo

04-23-2002

Wednesday, September 25, 2013 - 1:16 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Holy Crap, Oracle took a big dip and put the bow hard into the water. But they are back up and racing fast, close to Emirates, they just tacked over and are up on their foils.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Wednesday, September 25, 2013 - 1:23 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Wow this is so amazing, they are almost dead even, trading the lead back and forth, crossing each other as they race down the course!!

Dipo

04-23-2002

Wednesday, September 25, 2013 - 1:27 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Oracle has aobut a 150 meter lead but now Emirates have more speed than Oracle.

Kiwis Barker tells his crew to work their butts off, LOL.

Oracle is still ahead and you can hear the sailors really breathing hard as they grind.

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Wednesday, September 25, 2013 - 1:29 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
This one will go down to the wire!

Dipo

04-23-2002

Wednesday, September 25, 2013 - 1:32 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
So far, USA is ahead, but have hit slower speed, wind keeps shifting.

At gate 3 Oracle has a big lead, looks like a 26 second lead and Kiwis are looking for wind and speed.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Wednesday, September 25, 2013 - 1:37 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Wow, Oracle is over 600 meters ahead of Emirates. But Emirates has speed about 10 mph (or however sailing speed is measured) on Oracle.

Both boats are foiling and Oracle makes the turn for home at mark 4, they are ahead and are going to win. I can't believe it.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Wednesday, September 25, 2013 - 1:38 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
ORACLE WINS!!!!!!! HOLY COW!!

Emirates comes in 44 seconds later. I feel bad for them since they were only one race away from taking the cup.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Wednesday, September 25, 2013 - 1:40 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Oh my, the tugboats are shooting water into the air as Oracle and Emirates sail by.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Wednesday, September 25, 2013 - 1:41 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
LOL, Oracle does a flyby of the park and it looks like they practically hit the docks, LOL.

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Wednesday, September 25, 2013 - 1:41 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
WOW!! Thanks soooo much. I am in a hotel room that does not have NBC sports. I cannot believe how hard it has been to find out about the America's Cup. It's not on any of the sports networks at all!! You have been my lifeline until the race is posted on You tube.

Oracle winning has to be the best comeback EVER! I am so glad that I went down to see a few of the races!

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Wednesday, September 25, 2013 - 1:43 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
There has to be something going on in the Kiwi boat in order for them to lose 8 straight.

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Wednesday, September 25, 2013 - 1:51 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
They kept saying that the boats were evenly matched, but apparently not.

I'm hoping that the next America's Cup will be in SF as well. If it is, I'll be there!!

Dipo

04-23-2002

Wednesday, September 25, 2013 - 1:51 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
I know Kookliebird, I have been saying that for a while, it doesn't make sense. Or did Oracles engineers really change that boat so much to make it a faster boat.

What a pretty site it was to see Oracle sailing away with about 10-20 boats following behind.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Wednesday, September 25, 2013 - 1:52 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
OMG, I just saw that some of the ORacle sailors, bent over the sides patting the boat in thanks.

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Wednesday, September 25, 2013 - 1:55 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
The thing they did was put Ben Kingsley as tactician. THAT, plus the boat tweeks made the difference

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Wednesday, September 25, 2013 - 1:59 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
I wish I could have seen the race. It would have been so exciting to see in person!

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Wednesday, September 25, 2013 - 2:05 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
It's really annoying... I 'liked' the America's Cup page on Facebook. The post that says that Oracle USA had the most amazing comeback and won was great with a nice photo. Except that some of the comments were so negative. Saying the best team lost, the race was rigged, they should go back to regular boats AND money bought the race. The last one is the most annoying of all. Does anyone really believe that Team NZ didn't have any money behind it? Plus, this sport is all about money. What is wrong with people?

Dipo

04-23-2002

Wednesday, September 25, 2013 - 4:10 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
I don't know, people are so weird these days.

Can you get online to the actual site, they may have a playback of the race.

Today it was also on my regular NBC Channel as well, bumped Days of our Lives, LOL.

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Wednesday, September 25, 2013 - 4:22 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
They have a You-tube site that I can see the race on, but I don't have cable at home, so I could not watch it via the NBC site.

I'm in Phoenix right now. I checked the regular NBC channel, but all they had was days of our lives.

I'll watch the you tube in a few minutes.

Diesel_dan

08-12-2008

Saturday, January 31, 2015 - 7:22 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Diesel_dan a private message Print Post    
No Kookliebird, the Red Sox, down 3 games to none, and winning four straight to beat the Yankees in the 2004 AL Championships, is the best comeback!

Dipo

04-23-2002

Monday, May 29, 2017 - 10:54 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
America's cup Qualifiers started Saturday! They are airing on NBCSC and they are excellent, racing in Bermuda. It is really beautiful.

There is a new thing on a few boats...feet grinders. Instead of grinding with their arms they are riding bikes, at least that is what it looks like, so weird.

So far the races have been great, Sweden, Great Britain, France, New Zealand, USA, Japan competing. I was surprised there is no Australia team but there are a ton of Aussies on the boats, LOL.

And WOW, are the boats fast.

https://www.americascup.com/en/event-schedule.html

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Monday, May 29, 2017 - 12:31 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
I'll have to see what coverage is available in Canada!

Dipo

04-23-2002

Monday, May 29, 2017 - 1:14 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
I think there is a site with live streaming, when I was researching I think I saw a link but since it will be on NBCSC every day at 10am I am good so I didn't pursue the link.

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Tuesday, May 30, 2017 - 1:09 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
Where is the America's Cup finale this year? When I went to San Francisco, it was so amazing.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Tuesday, May 30, 2017 - 5:15 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
It's in Bermuda this year.