TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through April 30, 2017

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: General Discussions: Free Expression...: Silly little gripes: Archive through April 30, 2017 users admin

Jmm

08-15-2002

Friday, March 24, 2017 - 7:54 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jmm a private message Print Post    
That's crazy, Juju. Melodie is 13 and knows about the Vietnam War, she even requested to go see the Traveling Wall when it came to New Braunfels and spent time talking with a Vietnam vet there discussing what she knew about it with him. He was impressed that she knew so much and understood what things were like when many of them came home.

I don't know that that should disqualify her from being your doctor, I'm just stunned that she hadn't even heard of it.

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Friday, March 24, 2017 - 10:17 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    
Many thanks to folks whose opinions I trust. Y'all have given me things to think about.

Wargod

07-16-2001

Saturday, March 25, 2017 - 4:41 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Wargod a private message Print Post    
Both of my kidlets learned about the Vietnam war in high school, but their study of it was much shorter than other things, like World War II.

I love history (the more ancient the better) and I'm constantly looking up and reading about stuff I see or hear that strikes my curiosity. I'm sometimes surprised by the smart people I know, thinking specifically about my step fil who is probably the smartest person I know when it comes to math and engineering stuff, who will give me a blank look over something I think is fairly common knowledge. He's not going to sit and study history for fun. But, he'll talk your ear off about the latest planes or why this jet is better than that one.

Whoami

08-02-2001

Monday, March 27, 2017 - 1:09 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Whoami a private message Print Post    
Slightly irritated right now.

I spent 30$ on a large pizza and 32 piece parmeasan bread bites, with the idea it would make 3 or more meals. I had 2 slices of pizza (one of which I couldn't finish, and bagged up and put in the fridge), and 6 bread bites.

Being the sharing soul I was raised to be, I told my one roommate to "have some pizza" if he liked. And to make sure his wife got some when she woke later to go to work.

I get up today, and ALL the bread bites are gone, and there's just two slices of pizza left.

Really? Since when does "have some" translate to "polish it off?"

Whenever they've invited me to have something of theirs, I always make sure there's enough left for them, and just don't take any if there's not that much left. I would never dream of just finishing off what was there, unless I was specially told to.

When I mentioned something about the bread bites being gone, he rather non-chalontly told me I should have told hI'm hands off the bread bites if I didn't want him to have them.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Monday, March 27, 2017 - 1:28 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Maybe you need to be clear...have some doesn't mean eat it all.

Rosie

11-12-2003

Monday, March 27, 2017 - 1:32 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rosie a private message Print Post    
no more sharing!

Dogdoc

09-29-2001

Monday, March 27, 2017 - 1:57 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dogdoc a private message Print Post    
Maybe the next time you could say "Have some but save me some."

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Monday, March 27, 2017 - 2:17 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Hmm, hard to relate, since I haven't shared a fridge in So long, or eaten pizza.

But I WOULD be annoyed if "some" morphed to them eating all 26 bread bites.. That sounds excessive.

I think that this situation requires

Not sharing at all.

Being extremely precise, as in what you expect to be available to you after they eat. Like that you plan on two more slices and six more bites.

Or just letting it go, once you have made an offer.

Otherwise these resentments arise.

Texasdeb

05-23-2003

Monday, March 27, 2017 - 4:22 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texasdeb a private message Print Post    
It would have been worse if you hadn't offered & they ate what they did! I can see how your offer might have been misunderstood though. They could have thought that you already had all that you wanted & were offering the rest. I would have added, "but, make sure to leave me at least 2 slices of pizza & 6 bread bites for when I get hungry again" & smile as I'm saying it.

Whoami

08-02-2001

Monday, March 27, 2017 - 5:13 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Whoami a private message Print Post    
Yea, I know I should have been more clear. Thing is, he should have realized I wanted more bread bites. He offered to put the food away after he got what he wanted, and I asked him to not throw away the buttery, garlicy goo at the bottom of the bread bite box, cause I liked to dip my bread bites in it when I warmed it all up. So, he ate all the bread bites, then left me the empty box.

It's not like I'm gonna let this fester. Just a lesson learned. It's just annoying cause it's more about manners, boundries and respect. I was just brought up different I guess.

Last year, when the wife was preggers, she was craving ice cream. I had a box of Klondike bars in the freezer. He asked if they could have "one." I said yes. They ended up eating all of them. Then, they "replaced" the box, but then ate all of those too. He also ate a bunch of my Bing Cherries last year, said they thought they were theirs. Though, if you didn't buy them, and it's not on your shelf in the fridge, then chances are it's probably not yours. He said he'd replace those too, but never did.

I guess also what bugs me is, he gets stoned every night while playing video games online. I can just see him satisfying his stoner munchies on the rest of my damn bread bites. And then instead of apologizing for finishing them off once he realized I would have liked to have more later, he admonishes me for not telling him to not finish them off.

Oh well, like I said, lesson learned. File it away, and be more cautious about what I offer in the future.

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Monday, March 27, 2017 - 9:15 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    
Heh. I am STILL mad about when I was in college, and I bought a single small can of deviled ham, which would make me TWO lunch sandwiches, and a roommate ate the WHOLE can as a snack. A SNACK!!! TWO lunches for me!! I very likely blew up all over ALL of the roommates. Or maybe I didn't, since I am STILL mad about it.

Anyway, maybe you need stronger boundaries, although separate refrigerator shelves would seem to be fairly well defined. But, how about, given past experience, you just package up YOUR planned future meals in foil (so they can't see in) and prominently put your name on them? Like 'WHO Wed dinner" and "WHO Thur dinner"?

Then if you want to share leftovers with them, you can put them on the counter, and they can help themselves and eat the whole thing.

Try to think of it as defined boundaries and not as you being stingy. When you don't have a lot of money, as I didn't in college, it is not stingy; it is sensible. It is survival.

Whoami

08-02-2001

Tuesday, March 28, 2017 - 1:55 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Whoami a private message Print Post    
Yea, the not much money thing is an issue. The 30$ was a hefty sum, but something I decided to treat myself to (much like those bing cherries last year). I buy generic, along with store brand stuff cause I get an employee discount. I don't do full meals often, just once in a while. Mostly it's just grab a sandwich or bowl of cereal here or there.

Neither one of them works. They do quite well on WIC, food stamps and unemployment (he's a painter, so he's on seasonal unemployment right now). They get huge quantaties of name brand stuff. They often complain about getting too much of things like milk. Apparantly WIC "makes" them take more than they need. Don't quite understand that part, but whatever.

And the kicker? They brought home take out tonight. Hidden away in their Styrofoam conainers, all bagged up and tucked into one of their shelves in the fridge. Not one thought of sharing. Or saying, hey, we're getting take out, you want to place an order?

Oh well.

Dogdoc

09-29-2001

Tuesday, March 28, 2017 - 8:58 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dogdoc a private message Print Post    
Lol Juju.

Three of us were talking at work. The one woman was saying how one time she was so mad at something her husband did that she swore she would never speak to him again.

Two days later she couldn't remember what she was mad about.

We were surprised at how quickly she could let go of a grudge.

She asked the two of us how long we would keep a grudge. We both said "forever" at the same time.

She gave us a strange look. Welcome to our group of diehards Juju.

Whoami, they do sound like annoying people.

Sugar

08-15-2000

Tuesday, March 28, 2017 - 1:22 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sugar a private message Print Post    
Whoami, I would be most annoyed with your roommates and be moving asap or kicking them out.

Biloxibelle

12-21-2001

Tuesday, March 28, 2017 - 2:21 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Biloxibelle a private message Print Post    
Who, my son solved that problem with the fridge at work. He would wrap it up, put it in a brown paper bag and write; (name)'s stool sample, on the bag. Although they all figured it was a joke, nobody was ever brave enough to bother his "food" again.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Tuesday, March 28, 2017 - 2:49 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Well, I would be looking around for different housemates.. But I realize that's isn't easy sy.

So.. Save a copy of your posts and next time you are feeling generous.. Look for an elderly neighbor bank may be on meals on meals on wheels (assuming the program survives).. While those programs are lifesavers, they often aren't super palatable. And often they are not flexible..

So they would probably be over the moon getting a couple of slices and half a dozen bread bites.

And don't even consider sharing with your user housemates.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Tuesday, March 28, 2017 - 6:46 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
Who, just dont share with them again. I would make that a hard fast rule. and if they ever offer to share, turn them down.

Sugar

08-15-2000

Tuesday, March 28, 2017 - 7:26 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sugar a private message Print Post    
Perhaps a small fridge for your room?

Dipo

04-23-2002

Monday, April 03, 2017 - 7:55 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
What is it with these TV people, they have changed everything all around again!!! I used to enjoy watching the cooking shows after the news in the evening, now they only have competition shows.

So then I get used to watching my Star Trek series at 7 and 8pm, and how that has changed to 10!

It is just so annoying when they move everything around and I have to figure out where everything went!

Kitkat

08-23-2008

Tuesday, April 04, 2017 - 12:16 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitkat a private message Print Post    
Dipo, the grocery stores in my area do the same thing every so often and it is annoying. What you remember being in one area is now in a totally different area. Time wasting for the consumer!

Biscottiii

05-29-2004

Thursday, April 06, 2017 - 6:45 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Biscottiii a private message Print Post    
What you remember being in one area is now in a totally different area. Time wasting for the consumer!

I read a long time ago, that it is deliberate. While they force the consumer to meander the aisles, more chance of added sales due to unplanned purchases.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Thursday, April 06, 2017 - 8:51 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Markets used to have a list by aisle in the card and/or on the wall.. haven't seen one of those in years.. so we can wander the aisles.

Our Rite Aid had a remodel and while it looks more modern, it is still so unfamiliar and it seems like they have less stuff. The checkout looks nicer and has more stations, but seems like fewer employees.

And if Walgreen's buys them.. all bets are off for me.

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Thursday, April 06, 2017 - 10:23 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    
Seamonkey, I find Rite Aid and Walgreens and CVS all to be over-priced these days, part of the consolidation of competitors, meaning higher prices in the marketplace. Surprisingly enough, I am now finding major chain grocery stores to be better places to shop for mainstream medical stuff/OTC than the big chains. The Kroger chains have all of those beat by multiple dollars per item routinely these days. Along with HEB (mainly Texas) and probably Publix (southeast USA). Well, and there is also always Walmart, but many people in America refuse to shop there nowadays.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Thursday, April 06, 2017 - 11:30 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Well Kroger (Ralph's) is my grocery but they don't carry what I need and Rite Aid does and I usually buy the one day a month when things are 20% off and get 10% off other days. The only perk from Ralph's is gas credit at stations where don't buy gas.. so that is useless. I do get coupons from Ralph's at least.

I'd be happy to buy my Metamucil from Ralph's if they had it, or my eye vitamins, biotin, etc.

Some things I get at Trader Joe and some things online (Amazon for my magnesium oxide, mouthwash.. you can find the brand but not the flavor I use.
So.. I STILL am bummed if Walgreen's which I simply don't like, takes over. Hopefully they won't.

I also prefer their pharmacy for the few times I need a prescription immediately rather than mail order, like when I had Shingles.. that moves by the minute.. no waiting for online or shopping around,

I don't go to Walmart but do use Sam's (but not for pharmacy and at Sam's they may or may not have something I need... I did find Xyzal there.. this has JUST gone over the counter. Even when it went generic I could not get it. So I'm happy to have it back as it works better for my allergy symptoms.

Frankly, I'm WAY more fried about the big raise in gas taxes that Brown will for sure sign so that once again they can take a tax to repair roads and steal it for something else.. probably his pet bullet train or the stupid fixed track trolley in OC. Not to mention raising registration fees on the average of $48 a year and assessing electric cars $100 for not using gas (after pushing people to buy electric cars).

Dipo

04-23-2002

Sunday, April 30, 2017 - 8:28 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
I don't get it, if they are going to stream stuff on twitter or facebook, like the Daytime Emmy Awards why don't they post links, send emails? Why should I have to go and search for it.

It really annoys me....I would watch if they make it as easy as changing the channel on my TV but I am not going to go searching the internet to find it.

All I saw on Twitter was the winners and not one link to where to watch.